Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Kick A$$

Wasn't sure if we could say the real title of this movie so I threw in the $$.
I can't believe my fellow nerds did not already post this

Quote:
Dave Lizewski, an otherwise ordinary New York City high school student and the child of a loving single father, takes his interest in comic books as inspiration to become a real-life superhero. He assembles a suit and mask, which he wears under his normal clothing, begins exercising, and practices things like walking on roofs, sating his ambitions for a time. He eventually seeks to fight crime.

A film adaptation was reportedly in the script stage in May 2008. The Hollywood Reporter said production would be fully financed by Matthew Vaughn's MARV Films, the script written by Vaughn and Jane Goldman, and the movie directed by Vaughn. The industry trade magazine gave the financed amount as $30 million, while Millar updated the figure to $65 million.

Aaron Johnson has been cast as the main character Dave Lizewski. Nicolas Cage will play a former cop who, in his quest to bring down an evil druglord played by Mark Strong, has trained his 11-year-old daughter to be the ruthless vigilante Hit Girl, being played by Chloë Moretz. Lyndsy Fonseca has been cast Lizewski's crush, Katie Deauxma. Christopher Mintz-Plasse has been cast as Red Mist. Series creator Millar, a native of Scotland, has asked Scottish TV children's-show host Glen Michael to make a cameo appearance. Wrestler Big Daddy V said he has a part in the movie
Old 12-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Old 12-18-2009, 10:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Old 12-19-2009, 01:48 PM
Master Fan

I've been hearing about this film in Empire Magazine for ages, and I'm definitely looking forward to it! It sounds like it'll be pretty funny and different from other superhero movies, I'm intrigued
Old 12-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Hit Girl Teaser Trailer HERE

Language is NSFW and it is insanely violent