Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2016, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ No not yet
JUSTICE LEAGUE Artist Reveals BATMAN v SUPERMAN Movie-Style Art for WONDERCON | Newsarama.com
Quote:
Justice League artist Jason Fabok is taking his cues from the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie for the just-revealed program cover for the upcoming WonderCon. Fabok illustrated the key figures from the upcoming movie, which will be released on the opening day of WonderCon.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:34 AM
Elite Fan

Nice poster!

~ Pari ~ addicted to brainies Icon by me
Old 03-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Green Lantern Won’t Show Up Until ‘Justice League: Part Two’ or Later

Quote:
Warner Bros. has already assembled most of its Justice League. We’ve got Henry Cavill as Superman, Ben Affleck as Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Ezra Miller as the Flash, Jason Momoa as Aquaman, and Ray Fisher as Cyborg. But the seventh member of the team has remained a big fat question mark. At this point, despite the fact that Green Lantern Corps already has a 2020 release date locked in, we don’t even know which Green Lantern(s) will eventually suit up, much less who’ll play him (or them).

And it may that stay for a while. Although many had hoped we’d get our first look at a Green Lantern in 2017’s Justice League: Part One or even this spring’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Warner Bros. says we won’t meet him until 2019’s Justice League: Part Two — or possibly even later.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Batman v Superman producer Charles Roven indicated that Green Lantern would probably make his debut in Justice League: Part Two. Assuming plans don’t change, that is. “Every beat of the movie is not yet worked out. So there’s the possibility that he may or may not be in Justice League 2,” he said. “For now, we felt that we were introducing enough characters that the best possible place we could put Green Lantern is some introduction in Justice League 2, or barring that, a movie after.”
.......In any case, Warner Bros. knows they goofed up the first time, as studio exec Greg Silverman acknowledged. “[Green Lantern] is an incredible character. He’s actually multiple incredible characters,” he said. “There’s real opportunity there. We didn’t do a great job on that first Green Lantern movie. This is a character who deserves to be treated in the same way that Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman are being treated now, which is with great reverence. I guess I can say to the Green Lantern fans: if they can be patient with us, I think they’ll be really happy.”
http://www.slashfilm.com/green-lantern-justice-league/
Old 03-06-2016, 02:48 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you, Lyndell

Old 03-07-2016, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome
'Justice League' Adds J.K. Simmons as Commissioner Gordon (Exclusive) - Hollywood Reporter
Quote:
Oscar winner J.K. Simmons has been cast as the Gotham City police commissioner.

Justice League, which will be directed by Zack Snyder, sees heroes Batman (Ben Affleck), Superman (Henry Cavill), Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), Aquaman (Jason Momoa), The Flash (Ezra Miller) and Cyborg (Ray Fisher) teaming up to combat a threat beyond each member's capabilities
Old 03-08-2016, 05:59 AM
Elite Fan

I love this casting. Great news
Old 03-08-2016, 11:53 AM
Elite Fan

J.K. Simmons is superb!!!

Old 03-11-2016, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Two Members of DC's Cinematic Justice League Won't Get Origin Stories
Quote:
The Flash/Aquaman

In an extensive feature for the Wall Street Journal, producer Charles Roven confirms that neither The Flash or Aquaman’s standalone movies will be origin stories for the heroes, the way Wonder Woman is—instead, they’ll be films that pick up where the characters were left off after the events of Justice League.
Inside Chris Terrio’s Vision for Batman, Superman and ‘Justice League’ - Speakeasy - WSJ

Quote:
Chris Terrio doesn’t have a resume that screams “superheroes!” Prior to co-writing “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” (he shares credit with “Man of Steel” scribe David Goyer), Terrio won an Oscar for his first major studio movie, “Argo.”

You don’t spend much time retelling origins for Wonder Woman or your new version of Batman.

After “Man of Steel,” I didn’t want to have this moment where you say, “Batman exists in this world, we forgot to tell you.” We’re saying, “No he’s been here the whole time.”

With [Wonder Woman alter ego] Diana Prince, I thought it would be better if we met her as a civilian first and involved her in the plot in a way that felt like a thriller. She’s a mysterious woman interested in the same things Bruce Wayne is.

The fun of it is if you don’t immediately reveal her in superhero guise, you get to revel in the moment when she finally does reveal herself. If you bring in a character in a kinetic way, then you accept the reality more easily.

Was there any question in your mind you’d write “Justice League” as well?

I initially thought I wasn’t the guy to do “Justice League” and went off to work on something else. But the first day I went to the set, I saw Jesse [Eisenberg] in a scene with Holly Hunter and I really did feel like I was watching some strange, great performance in an independent film.

At that moment, I thought, “I’m not done with this yet. I want to go back and keep telling the story.” “Batman v Superman” is a bit of an “Empire Strikes Back” or “Two Towers” or any similar middle film in a trilogy. The middle film tends to be the darkest one. I do think from “Man of Steel” through “Justice League,” it is one saga really.

I expect “Justice League” will be tonally not quite as dark as “Batman v Superman.” From that point of view, I felt compelled to go back and try to lift us and myself into a different tonal place because I think when you write a darker film, sometimes you want to redeem it all a bit.

There are many more DC movies to come, including a second “Justice League.” Will you be writing more?

I have written “Justice League Part One,” but I won’t necessarily write “Part Two.” This has been the most rigorous intellectual exercise I’ve had in my writing life. For “Batman v Superman,” I wanted to really dig into everything from ideas about American power to the structure of revenge tragedies to the huge canon of DC Comics to Amazon mythology. For “Justice League,” I could be reading in the same day about red- and blueshifts in physics, Diodorus of Sicily and his account of the war between Amazons and Atlanteans, or deep-sea biology and what kind of life plausibly might be in the Mariana Trench.

If you told me the most rigorous dramaturgical and intellectual product of my life would be superhero movies, I would say you were crazy. But I do think fans deserve that. I felt I owed the fan base all of my body and soul for two years because anything less wouldn’t have been appreciating the opportunity I had.
Justice League Won't Be As Dark As Batman V Superman According To Screenwriter | Comicbook.com
Quote:
“I expect Justice League will be tonally not quite as dark as Batman v Superman. From that point of view, I felt compelled to go back and try to lift us and myself into a different tonal place because I think when you write a darker film, sometimes you want to redeem it all a bit.”
Old 03-15-2016, 02:35 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you for the news, Lyndell!

Old 03-17-2016, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome
Amber Heard Officially Confirms "Justice League" and "Aquaman" Role | Comic Book Resources

Quote:
Amber Heard has officially confirmed she will play Mera, the Queen of Atlantis, in the upcoming DC films "Justice League: Part One" and "Aquaman."

While her casting was rumored earlier this year, Heard confirmed the role today while speaking to Entertainment Tonight. Heard will debut as Mera in "Justice League: Part One" and will star alongside Jason Momoa in the standalone "Aquaman" film.

According to Heard they are currently building her Mera costume, which Heard calls "Interesting... It's like, half suit of armor, half scales." She also said it was "strange" and that Warner Bros. is "in the process of building it now, so it's coming along."

"Justice League: Part One" hits theaters on November 17, 2017. "Aquaman" is scheduled for release July 27, 2018.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:41 AM
Elite Fan

I love this casting news and I love that Mera will appear in the movie.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

I liked her as Ulla in The Danish Girl

Old 03-19-2016, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too
Old 03-19-2016, 01:03 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the video

Old 03-19-2016, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aquaman Actor Jason Momoa Goes Blond For Justice League | Comicbook.com
Quote:
Jason Momoa is about to find out if blonds have more fun.

With Justice League set to begin filming next month, Momoa is getting his body, his mind, and his hair prepped to play the King of the Seven Seas. Today, the Baywatch and Game of Thrones alum posted a photo revealing his new sun-dyed blond hairdo. It is similar to the hairstyle Tom Hanks sported in the back-half of Cast Away (2000).