Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2004, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jersey Girl (2004) #1

Hey I didn't see a thread for this so I thought I would start one. I'm sorry if there is already one. So is anyone going to see this movie? I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:32 AM
Passionate Fan

Jersey Girl looks so good . I love ben and liv together!
Old 03-26-2004, 09:24 AM
Total Fan

Hey, it's out today! May check it out now, but will definitely see it at some point. Hope it isn't just a retread of Chasing Amy...
Old 03-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Elite Fan

I've never thought about Ben/Liv as an on-screen couple. It looks cute though, and I'm definetely going to see it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Join the John Mayer campaign!
**SuperGirl** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

Kara, have you seen Armageddon? Ben and Liv were yummy in that.

I might bribe my dad(meaning that I'll pay for the tickets AND popcorn) into going to see it this weekend. Wish me luck. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 06:05 PM
Ultimate Fan

They were good together in Armageddon -- I think they have good chemistry, even as I'm not a huge fan of his. Liv makes up for it. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I wanna see this sooner or later, 'cause it does look really cute and I lurve KS -- but not before I see Secret Window or Hidalgo though; those have my top priority.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 11:02 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, it looks like a cute movie and Ben and Liv were great together in Armageddon... I might check it out this weekend.
Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 12:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by last beautiful girl:
<STRONG>Kara, have you seen Armageddon? Ben and Liv were yummy in that.</STRONG>
Dude, I totally forgot about that. *slaps forehead* That's one of my fave movies too. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I watched the movie tonight. I loved it. It was so cute, sweet, romantic...the whole deal. And I did not know that J-Lo was going to be in it either... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Join the John Mayer campaign!
**SuperGirl** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 09:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by **SuperGirl**:
<STRONG>

And I did not know that J-Lo was going to be in it either... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]</STRONG>
They took her out of the tv ads and everything because they didn't want people to associate this movie with the failure of Gigli and the failed romance.

I saw the movie yesterday and I thought it was cute and funny. But i'm kind of disappointed that Liv and Ben didn't have the same chemistry as they did in Armageddon. But I guess it's because the movie is more focussed on a father/daughter relationship.
Old 03-27-2004, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

She originally wasnt going to be in it that much anyway. When they were still together, Ben convinced her to do it, he said "C'mon, it's a bit part it'll be fun".

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

So was the movie any good? It's not out in my town yet and I'm not sure how long I will have to wait. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2004, 12:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm thinking to see it, how good is it?
Old 03-29-2004, 09:28 AM
Addicted Fan

I thought that "Jersey Girl" was an adorable movie and I loved the scenes w/ Ben and Raquel. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] There were some scenes where I came close to crying, and it was just an overall great movie. If you are a Kevin Smith, Ben Affleck, George Carlin, or Liv Tyler fan than this is a movie for you. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Even if you are not, you will enjoy this movie anyway, it had everything - comedy, drama, and a touch of romance. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

Two of my friends saw it, loved it, my boyfriend loved it too, my boyfriend's sister loved it too, and even her husband said, "That's a pretty good movie". [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
AdriaMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:40 AM
New Fan

yeah, can;t wait to see it-thanks for telling us more about it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
loveit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 12:30 PM
Master Fan

I saw it yesterday and I really enjoyed it. There was a good blend of comedy mixed in with a lot of tearjerking emotional scenes as well as a bit of romance. The little girl was really cute and had great interaction with Ben Affleck.
Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread