Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2005, 04:21 PM
Elite Fan

Indiana Jones Series #1: Snakes...why did it have to be snakes?

Okay, I checked almost 5 pages and saw that there was no thread open for this movie, so I'll take the chance and open one anyway. Here's some news that I found at comingsoon.net about the new Indiana Jones 4 movie as well as Rush Hour 3:

Lucas Approves Indiana Jones 4 Script

Variety reports that screenwriter Jeff Nathanson's scripts for Indiana Jones 4 and Rush Hour 3 are moving in opposite directions.

While the trade previously reported that Chris Tucker was expected to sign a $20 million deal which would fast-track New Line's Rush Hour 3, the actor ended up not doing so.

Meanwhile, Nathanson's draft for Indiana Jones 4 has apparently met with the approval of George Lucas and Steven Spielberg. But before Paramount can move forward, Harrison Ford still has to sign off on the script, and he hasn't yet read it.

The trade adds that with "Star Wars" off his plate, Lucas recently summoned Nathanson to his Bay Area headquarters, where they went over the draft. The screenwriter also got notes from Spielberg, who brought him into the mix after working with him on Catch Me if You Can and Terminal.

Scheduling Indiana Jones 4 for a 2006 start will be tricky for Spielberg, who next heads to Europe to shoot his untitled drama about the aftermath of the 1972 Munich Olympics for Universal and DreamWorks, and is expected to follow in January with a DreamWorks film about Abraham Lincoln and the Civil War, to star Liam Neeson.

So, we'll be waiting a bit to see if Harrison will be willing to do the project, but he'd be crazy not to, right?

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
vc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 04:39 PM
Passionate Fan

Interesting! I had heard years ago they were considering making another one but I figured they shelved it since Harrison is getting so old. I hope it works out -- would love to see another Indiana Jones movie!
mh67511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:25 PM
Master Fan

Someone posted about it elsewhere, but I think it was on the questions thread so you're fine.

And sadly I'm definitely going to see it if they make it because I love Harrison Ford and the premise of these movies, even though I don't like sequels.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 03:17 AM
Master Fan

I the Indiana Jones movies. Everytime they come on tv I have to watch them. I had heard that they were thinking of doing another one. I'll definitely be going to see it.

icon credit: miss-rebel86
Sweet_Honeycomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 08:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

Truthfully, Harrison *IS* getting too old.

This isn't age bias or ageism... But the man is almost 60 (or over) and having him swing from catwalks and fight swordsmen with a bullwhip just becomes silly at a certain point.

The most logical way, and rumors of the script's plot point in this direction, is the next film will hand off the series to Indy's son/daughter (maybe both) so they can continue their father's legacy of globetrotting adventures. This wouldn't be a contemporary series, but rather one that takes place in the latter half of the 20th Century ('60s--Present) given Indy's age (he was in his 30s/40s in 1940s so do the math).
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 11:11 AM
Master Fan

Okay, I just checked and he's 63.

However, let me categorically state that I don't think that's too old for action films necessarily. Some of our greatest action stars are getting up there in years but for the most part they can still pull a lot of it off (not always, but frequently). But please note that I'm speaking from a strong personal bias because my last boyfriend is 54 and in better shape (he's a health/fitness/gym-trainer/yoga addict by hobby) than the 30- and 40- year olds I date! (*I tease*)

But I do agree with what you're saying. And now that I think about it I remember hearing/reading somewhere that this film was going to pass off the torch to the next generation of Jones' - that would make sense for carrying on the franchise, but I'm not sure I'll like it much because I love the "serial-ness" of the original series, which was part of the main point.

Also, IMDb has it listed as being in development or pre-production (I forget which even though I was just on the site! Talk about the feebleness of age!).

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm excited to see how this movie will turn out. I know there have been some starts and stops on the making of it with the script. I love the original 3 so much that I'll just have to wait and see how they deal with this one and an older Indy.

Pacey/Joey~Seth/Summer~Lex/Lana~Sawyer/Kate~Nathan/Haley~Charlie/Claire~Jake/Peyton~Hyde/Jackie~Ross/Rachel~Ron/Hermione
CastlesInTheSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:01 AM
Elite Fan

Indiana Jones Series #1: Snakes...why did it have to be snakes?

I didn't see a thread for it and I just saw the movie...

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 12-14-2020 at 04:37 PM
-res cogitans- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Dude my sister went to the midnight showing!!! I couldn't because I can't stay up late. I did get tickets early though for a showing on Sunday. It will be my send off movie since I leave town the next day.

My sis said it was good but not so good. She didn't particularly like what it turned out to be. Guess I'll make my opinion come Sunday.

I am dying to see this one!
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:52 AM
Master Fan

I am going this Saturday, and am looking forward to it because of all the mixed reviews I am hearing. Some loved it and some said it stunk. I won't let any bad reviews stop me from seeing it though. I'm not expecting it to be as good as the originals (they usually never are) but it seems like it will be a fun summer film none the less.

Icon: Cynthia
Kenjigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I completely agree. So far I've only been hearing positive reviews but I wouldn't let the negative ones stop me either. I'm a fan of Indiana Jones and I've been dying to see this movie since I first heard about it. I don't really care what critics say.
Emma♥Neal
Old 05-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Master Fan

I'm exactly the same way. If I want to see a film I'm gonna go regardless of what critics say. A lot of times critics put down a film while I loved it. Lol.

Icon: Cynthia
Kenjigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Addicted Fan

i can't wait for this movie! honestly i am not expecting it to be Raiders, so i dont think that i will end up being disappointed at all! i just the fact that i actually get to see an Indiana Jones movie in theaters! i never thought that would happen. anyway i am going this weekend and am so looking forward to it!
that i'm just trying to understand the feelings that you lack
i don't know where we we wrong, but the feeling's gone
and i just can't get it back
hottlegs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Right! I never saw the originals in theaters either so a part of me lost hope that it would ever happen. It should be an exciting experience for sure.
Emma♥Neal
Old 05-22-2008, 04:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Roswell (View Post)
My sis said it was good but not so good. She didn't particularly like what it turned out to be. Guess I'll make my opinion come Sunday.
I agree with her - it was a total let down. Harrison Ford looked so old. I hope he doesn't plan on making anymore. It will definitely be number one for this Memorial Day weekend but I think fans will be disappointed. Just my opinion...

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
vc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread