Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

Sorry, I kind of posted and ran and didn't have the chance to make it back here.

What I meant by forgettable wasn't aimed at the character. The character was important to the audience to explain what was going on as well as important to Leo's character.

To me it could have been anyone in the role....Ellen just didn't shine as much as the rest of the cast (IMO...which is apparently in the minority).

But enough about that!

Loved the movie so much....have been hoping I'll be able to go catch it one more time in the theatres.

I love that the movie manages to encompass nearly all genres to get the audience in. There is tragic romance, action, drama, sci/fi...It's just a movie that all audiences can enjoy.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm supposed to be watching this movie tonight, but I might not be able to make it because I'm so burnt out... I don't want to fall asleep in the middle of it!

And yes, some of my friends have fallen asleep watching it.

Ugh. I haven't wanted to see a movie this badly in such a long time.

let's talk about the 90's [ ♥ ]
Old 07-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i didn't need to pay eight bucks for a movie to tell me life's too short, thanks. or maybe the movie is one big joke on the audience? i mean, aren't movies an escape mechanism? we are all probably just tourists in hollywood's dreams.

Last edited by i never learn; 07-22-2010 at 04:12 PM
Old 07-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Elite Fan

Saw the movie tonight and I loved it. It really kept me on the edge of my seat and wanting more and trying to understand everything while new info was being given lol I really want to see it again soon.

To me everyone in the cast did a great job. I love Leo, I just think I've seen him play this role a lot lately so it doesn't shine as much, but he did good.
I have to say, the one who really made an impact in me was the guy who played Eames. I don't think I had seen him before, but loved the character and loved the what the actor did with him.

I have to agree with those who say Ellen's character was really important and she gave life to her character. All her questions, all her curiosity... I think it's what the audience wants while watching the movie. She's new to all that, like we are, so she's really sort of our eyes and she's curious enough to not be afraid to want to know more, despite the danger.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Finally watched it, and I loved it.

I love that Noland did a total inception on us... yes??? yes????

Old 07-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Not reading the posts, since I haven't seen the movie yet but just wanted to let people know about a campaign for one of the actors, namely Joseph Gordon Levitt:

http://www.fanforum.com/f50/joseph-g...rves-62962019/

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Ah yes. Everyone who loved him in this movie, please support this amazing actor.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Elite Fan

This was the best movie I've seen since I can't even remember.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Not reading the posts, since I haven't seen the movie yet but just wanted to let people know about a campaign for one of the actors, namely Joseph Gordon Levitt:

Joseph Gordon-Levitt Campaign Thread: With Inception out, he finally gets the recognition he deserves.
He is great. When I see him I always want to re-watch 3rd Rock From The Sun all over again.

Quote:
This was the best movie I've seen since I can't even remember.
The most original in the past 1835383 years. I hope it inspires others.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The most original in the past 1835383 years. I hope it inspires others.
Exactly. I mean, I was excited to see it for the concept and all the hype - but I can't believe it exceeded every expectation I had. It's so rare to find a movie that is original as this one was. Not only the concept, but the direction and the score. It was just beautiful.

I don't know if you guys have read any theories on the ending but this one is my favorite by far.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Exactly. I mean, I was excited to see it for the concept and all the hype - but I can't believe it exceeded every expectation I had. It's so rare to find a movie that is original as this one was. Not only the concept, but the direction and the score. It was just beautiful.
Yeah, me too. When I first started reading about this movie I was mainly excited because of the cast tbh. Then everyone seemed to be blown away with it and I had all these expectations but the movie was even better than that.
There are loads of great movies out there, but these days it seems like it's all adaptations, remakes, sequels, the same story just told in a different way... but this one was really refreshing.
The score is fantastic.

Quote:
I don't know if you guys have read any theories on the ending but this one is my favorite by far.
I was just reading that. I have to admit I hadn't noticed that detail. But I'm so going to see the movie again this weekend.
And really interesting about the casting of the kids.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:09 AM
Elite Fan

Finding someone who wanted to see this movie was like pulling teeth in my area! None of my friends wanted to see it. So I won't be seeing it again in theatres. But I did download a cam copy that will suffice until something better comes up. I can't wait for the Blu Ray already lol.

This is interesting!

And the mythology comparisons with Ariadne were brilliant too. Gah, this movie has so many different angles to read about.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:35 AM
Elite Fan

I'd have gone insane knowing the movie was out and I couldn't watch it. I was dying to see this one. Actually my friends also wanted to see it the day was out, but if I see it again, I may end up going alone, if I don't find anyone to go with. I don't have to pay for it anyway and this movie on the big screen is

Quote:
This is interesting!
Oh, it really is. I don't think I'd ever noticed. I wonder why they picked Non, Je ne Regrette Rien btw.
Speaking of that, when the movie began I thought "Shutter Island". The score sounded the same. I don't have SI's OST, but now I'm curious to compare the two. It really sounded so similar.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugi (View Post)
Speaking of that, when the movie began I thought "Shutter Island".
So did my boyfriend, but not because of the score.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:05 PM
Elite Fan

Phenomenal film. I loved every painfully brain shattering minute of it.

kenny | credit
Closed Thread   Post New Thread