Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2019, 11:30 AM
I Love You 3000

Yeah, before I wasn't really interested to see a movie like that. Then this year I had nothing to watch one day and thought what the heck when I saw the first movie on a streaming service. And I really liked it and I watch the others soon after.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
have you read the book Gwen or do you know the plot but you just haven't watched part 2?
Haven't read the book but I know the gist of it in terms of who she ends up with etc Spoilers were everywhere back then

Even though I hate 'Team' talk, I side more with Gale when watching the movies. That scene where he was badly whipped and Katniss cared for him Poor guy.
G w e n
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 04:36 PM
Oy with the poodles

Moderator of ...
Movies

I prefer Peeta more in terms of the character and who I like Katniss more with romantically

the books are good

I recommend reading them (I read them one by one after I saw each movie in theaters except for the last one where I read it before part 2 came out I believe)

You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you

atwoodsmariano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll try and them one day, thanks for the recommend Allison

I remember first giving the series a go when I saw the trailer for the first movie and thinking it looked inspired by the Japanese movie Battle Royale ( that movie)

As for Peeta... Nothing against him really and it's weird because I'm usually all for the central couple, particularly when it's a couple from a book series. But I felt more on Gale's side when watching the movies. I adored how he waited at home for her and protected her family when she was away. He just seemed so underappreciated in the fandom
G w e n
Old 06-26-2019, 04:37 PM
Oy with the poodles

Moderator of ...
Movies

I did like how Gale took care of her family

I’ve heard of the comparisons. I think my dad has watched that movie.

I kinda saw him more as like a brother figure to her though

I don’t know if you might think differently reading the books

just went down a rabbit hole looking at stuff comparing Hunger Games, Battle Royale, and Lord of the Flies

A Battle Royale: Lord of the Flies vs. Battle Royale vs. Hunger Games

with Hunger Games you can definitely see a lot of the influence from gladiator fights and the hunger games are big televised events/reality television (I kinda forgot about Suzanne saying it was influenced by gladiator fights until I was looking up this stuff just now)

https://phdessay.com/the-hunger-game...atorial-games/

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 06-26-2019 at 10:03 PM
Old 06-27-2019, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
I’ve heard of the comparisons. I think my dad has watched that movie.
Battle Royale is like an X-rated version of this It just goes all-out, no holds barred and depicts violence of all kinds. It's worth it, if you have a strong stomach and don't mind teenagers making shockingly cruel or flawed decisions

Quote:
I kinda saw him more as like a brother figure to her though
The irony is that I saw Peeta the same way Maybe it's the casting? Hemsworth was the more believable romantic lead to me. Having said that, he was underused.

Quote:
I don’t know if you might think differently reading the books
Possibly Although I was always Team Edward reading the Twilight books and that didn't change with the movies.

Quote:
just went down a rabbit hole looking at stuff comparing Hunger Games, Battle Royale, and Lord of the Flies
Yay, you brought over reading material! As a former English major, I enjoy reading comparison essays. I will read this later.

Lots of people used to accuse Suzanne Collins of plagiarism and felt very protective of BR back in the day. I personally prefer BR because I like crazy decision-making in movies and seeing how far young people will go when pushed to the limit.

THG, by comparison, felt like Twilight meets Robin Hood Not what I'd call a bad thing, but I prefer the craziness of BR
G w e n
Old 06-27-2019, 02:06 AM
Oy with the poodles

Moderator of ...
Movies

got the gist from videos I saw on YouTube (too much blood/gore makes me queasy)

I guess in general I like Josh Hutcherson more as an actor from other movies I’ve seen him in so that probably makes me more biased

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top