Elite Fan

Hugh Jackman Appreciation #1: "Aw call me Hugh"

Hugh Jackman
Appreciation Thread #1

~ Pari ~ addicted to brainies Icon by me

Last edited by ~ Jis_Bon ~; 04-23-2015 at 09:34 PM
Old 04-23-2015, 07:38 PM
Elite Fan

Awww thank you for opening this! You're really kind and that means a lot to me that you want to hear what I have to share! My name is Theresa, by the way. What name would you like me to call you? The OP is great already!

A great way to start this thread out would be to share my experience meeting Hugh Jackman.

So I've been lucky enough to meet Hugh a few times. He is extremely kind. I don't think there are words to describe how sweet he is. If you have ever seen interviews where he is goofy, a bit soft-spoken, really humble, and smiley - that is what his personality is like in real life. There really are no differences. What you see is what you get with Hugh.

I'll give you some highlights from meeting him. You might think I'm so cheesy but I promise everything I'm about to type is true! In fact, I have pictures and video evidence! I can PM you pictures and stuff if you'd like, but I don't put my picture on forums. But as unbelievable as it may seem, Hugh Jackman really was this sweet and generous the times I met him! In fact, he was a sweetie pie to everyone!

Highlights:

-He bear hugged me! And the next time I met him, I got another hug.
-Hugh is really affectionate in a very non-flirtatious sort of way. He actually complimented my hat, and how he did it was ... he affectionately grabbed the tip of the hat and ruffled it a little bit while saying with a huge smile, "I like your hat!"
-Back to how affectionate Hugh is. When I thanked him for signing an autograph for me, he smiled really brightly, affectionately patted my arm, and said, "My pleasure!"
-I met him unexpectedly and actually got to have a conversation with him. I had been prepared (I'd brought a gift just in case I would get the opportunity to meet him before his play). But meeting him unexpectedly makes it that much better! It was so candid! I really was just hanging out inside the entrance to the Broadway theater and chatting with my small group that was there to see his play, and Hugh just walked in without a bodyguard and started talking to all of us, cracking jokes, signing autographs, answering questions, taking pictures with us. It was unbelievable how down-to-earth he was!
-I gave him a little gift that was intended for him and his wife, Deborra-Lee, and the reaction on his face when he saw it was priceless! He was so smiley and grateful and he complimented me (it was something I drew) and got really excited like a little kid.
-He took pictures with me holding up the gift!
-He took another photo with me on a different day we met. He remembered me.
-He kept a promise to me, and that means a lot. He had promised to immediately show his wife the gift, and my boyfriend and I coincidentally got to meet her a few hours later - completely by chance! She just so happened to be waiting in a car outside - she was picking Hugh up and waiting for him to finish signing autographs. My boyfriend and I were walking to the subway and I had no idea that was their car ... it was an inexpensive car so I guess I wasn't expecting it to belong to a celebrity ... and then my boyfriend told me to turn around because Deborra-Lee was in the car and he spotted her. I turned around and she waved at us. She rolled the window down and motioned for us to come talk to her. And she had seen the gift and kept telling me how grateful she was. Words cannot explain how that made me feel. It was so surreal! By the way, Deborra-Lee is just as nice as her husband! And she has a great handshake.
-My mom was really shy and tapped Hugh on the shoulder. She got his attention, and she asked, "Mr. Jackman, will you please sign a birthday autograph for me?" Hugh replied something like, "Aw call me Hugh! Of course, and happy birthday!" Hahaha that made my mom's year.
-I asked Hugh if he would send his prayers and thoughts to a friend of mine who couldn't make it because of his mother's serious illness (he was taking care of her), and Hugh did just that and even addressed an autograph directly to my friend and his mom.
-I got to see Hugh do a charity (Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS) even though the obligation for actors to do it had ended weeks ago. The usher told us he was the only actor still doing it after every play. He was so into it, and there were no cameras and no publicity around. He was doing it from his heart and loving it.
-Hugh had advocated to make cheaper tickets available to watch his Broadway play, and because of what him and the producer did, they had made a ton of cheap tickets available. I was able to snag four $35 tickets to his play that put me, my boyfriend, mom, and a friend in the FRONT ROW!

That's it. Sorry I wrote so much.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 04-23-2015 at 07:45 PM
Old 04-23-2015, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

You welcome, Teresa

You can call me Pari!

I'm so happy you met him! Your story is amazing!! I like how humble and gentle he is!

I'm glad that you like the OP

Old 04-23-2015, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Awesome thread! Les Miserables for the win!
Old 04-23-2015, 09:36 PM
Elite Fan

Glad you like it, Matt

Old 04-23-2015, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

It's so nice to formally meet you, Pari!

It was my pleasure to share the story. Seriously, if you want to see a few pictures of me with him, feel free to shoot me a PM.

He is defintely among the most humble, gentle people I have ever met, actually. Just a really affectionate and sweet man. It's hard to believe he plays some violent characters after meeting him! What a phenomenal actor. He is 0% like the majority of characters he plays. I guess he is closest to Jean Valjean or Leopold.

What are your favorite Hugh Jackman movies? And what would you like to know or see? I'm the Hugh guru, pretty much. I know a lot about him since he and his wife are inspirations to me, and I have probably seen every interview and movie.

Quote:
Awesome thread! Les Miserables for the win!
Hi Matt! I'm Theresa. I love Les Mis!
Old 04-23-2015, 09:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBabe (View Post)
It's so nice to formally meet you, Pari!

It was my pleasure to share the story. Seriously, if you want to see a few pictures of me with him, feel free to shoot me a PM.

He is defintely among the most humble, gentle people I have ever met, actually. Just a really affectionate and sweet man. It's hard to believe he plays some violent characters after meeting him! What a phenomenal actor. He is 0% like the majority of characters he plays. I guess he is closest to Jean Valjean or Leopold.

What are your favorite Hugh Jackman movies? And what would you like to know or see? I'm the Hugh guru, pretty much. I know a lot about him since he and his wife are inspirations to me, and I have probably seen every interview and movie.
You're Hugh guru as I'm Benedict's

I liked Deception & The Prestige a lot!
It's more interesting to see him in roles that are far away from him, imo...

Old 04-23-2015, 10:06 PM
Elite Fan

Benedict is an amazing actor! Feel free to tell me anything about Benedict too. Does he have a thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jis_Bon (View Post)
I liked Deception & The Prestige a lot!
It's more interesting to see him in roles that are far away from him, imo...
Haha, so you like it when Hugh plays a baddie or a not so nice guy! Have you seen Prisoners? Hugh's acting in that movie was worthy of an Oscar nomination - there were actually a lot of journal articles and fan protests in 2013 about how he was snubbed of an Oscar nomination that year, but Hugh doesn't campaign for Oscars. His character does some terrible things, but there is some extremely powerful acting in that film from everyone involved, especially Hugh, Jake, and Paul Dano.

Also, have you seen Hugh dance?
Old 04-23-2015, 10:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Benedict is an amazing actor! Feel free to tell me anything about Benedict too. Does he have a thread?

Haha, so you like it when Hugh plays a baddie or a not so nice guy! Have you seen Prisoners? Hugh's acting in that movie was worthy of an Oscar nomination - there were actually a lot of journal articles and fan protests in 2013 about how he was snubbed of an Oscar nomination that year, but Hugh doesn't campaign for Oscars. His character does some terrible things, but there is some extremely powerful acting in that film from everyone involved, especially Hugh, Jake, and Paul Dano.

Also, have you seen Hugh dance?
Yeah, I've seen him in Lipton commercial and in Oscars....He's so skilled

I have to see Prisoners, then... I love bad guys

Benedict hasn't a thread but we're campaigning to get a board...I hope to come true, soon

Old 04-23-2015, 10:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jis_Bon (View Post)
Yeah, I've seen him in Lipton commercial and in Oscars....He's so skilled
I love watching him dance! Is it just me, or is it really attractive when an actor is a triple threat - singing/acting/dancing? Triple threats are becoming more rare these days, but Hugh is one of them. Did you know he tap dances too? He also ballroom dances - I love his ballroom dancing in Oklahoma! And he can dance to pop, and can shake his booty really well, lol- like how he shook it at the Tony Awards in 2004 and 2005.

If you're interested, here is a little compilation I found that someone put together that shows some more dancing Hugh. Unfortunately, you have to go to his shows to see the majority of his dancing because much of it is not available online.

Quote:
n... I love bad guys
It's a really intense movie with a very serious theme, and he is definitely not a nice guy in that movie! So hopefully you'll like it. Be sure to let me know when/if you see it!

Quote:
Benedict hasn't a thread but we're campaigning to get a board...I hope to come true, soon
Oh, let me know a thread link and I'll vote for him to have a board. A while back I wanted to attempt to campaign for Hugh Jackman to get a board, but I don't think he has enough hardcore fans that post online and I figured it would never happen so I gave up the idea.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Hugh Jackman singing "Oh what a beautiful mornin" is how I wake up every day!
Old 04-23-2015, 11:46 PM
Elite Fan

Haha, I've woken up to that song too. Sometimes my boyfriend will play it to wake me up. lol.

And just for good measure, here is Hugh singing "Oh What a Beautiful Morning" in case Pari hasn't seen it!

Old 04-23-2015, 11:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I love watching him dance! Is it just me, or is it really attractive when an actor is a triple threat - singing/acting/dancing? Triple threats are becoming more rare these days, but Hugh is one of them. Did you know he tap dances too? He also ballroom dances - I love his ballroom dancing in Oklahoma! And he can dance to pop, and can shake his booty really well, lol- like how he shook it at the Tony Awards in 2004 and 2005.

If you're interested, here is a little compilation I found that someone put together that shows some more dancing Hugh. Unfortunately, you have to go to his shows to see the majority of his dancing because much of it is not available online.

IbbNYB6WdFo

Thanks for the video, Teresa He's really fantastic...a multi talented man!!!!

Quote:
It's a really intense movie with a very serious theme, and he is definitely not a nice guy in that movie! So hopefully you'll like it. Be sure to let me know when/if you see it!
Every film of his is really good so I'm sure that I'll like it, too

Quote:
Oh, let me know a thread link and I'll vote for him to have a board. A while back I wanted to attempt to campaign for Hugh Jackman to get a board, but I don't think he has enough hardcore fans that post online and I figured it would never happen so I gave up the idea.
We have a campaign thread which you can find it in my sig
The monthly poll is here http://www.fanforum.com/f50/new-foru...here-63145762/

Quote:
Hugh Jackman singing "Oh what a beautiful mornin" is how I wake up every day!
The best wake up ever!!!!

Old 04-23-2015, 11:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Old 04-24-2015, 12:05 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you Matt & Teresa !!! I love it !

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top