Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2015, 01:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jis_Bon (View Post)
I see...So, his projects are on filming now? Or maybe he just needs some rest before start shooting again?
This might be a little long, but I'll do my best to summarize Hugh's insane film/entertainment schedule this year for you. It's a bit complicated.

I'm not sure if he's finished filming Eddie the Eagle. He has been filming that movie for the past couple of months. Earlier this year, he had gone right from finishing his Broadway play in February to promoting Chappie on a 3-week rigorously scheduled press tour. Even though he doesn't really have a big part in Chappie, they asked Hugh to do the majority of the promotions for the film, which I'm not sure was fair to him but he's always more than happy to do it, of course. Unfortunately the movie flopped. I liked it, but critics tore it apart and it did terribly at the box office so hopefully that won't affect Hugh negatively in any way.

Without taking a break, Hugh went straight to filming Eddie the Eagle. A couple of weeks later, he really seemed a bit sick in some very small interviews I saw that probably most people will never see - they were in another language too, and he seemed really run down and at the time too and pale, several people were saying they were a bit worried about him. He seems a lot healthier than that now, thankfully. But he kept working anyway because he had made commitments. He did his song and dance show in Turkey and got the vocal hemorrhage there, indicating he has really been overworking himself. His wife and his daughter, Ava, were with him, and I'm guessing they took care of him. But he took only a week off to recover then started filming Eddie the Eagle again. His family went with him - they filmed that in Germany and the UK (and I think Austria too).

Hugh was supposed to be in X-Men: Apocalypse - at the very least doing an extended cameo, but now I'm not sure if he is because they are filming that movie right now and he isn't remotely close to physically being the size they ask him to be for that character. I think he might have been cut out of the script for that movie. There is no way he can get bulky before they are done filming. I don't think it is physically possible, especially not at Hugh's age with his current health. So he probably won't be in the movie.

He has another song and dance show in a month so he doesn't have to be bulky for that fortunately.

There is controversy with his movie, Pan. It was supposed to come to theaters in July and Hugh was asked again to do the bulk of the promotions. But the release date was pushed back to October, the studio executives said they weren't pleased with how "dark" the movie is and want it more family friendly, so they asked the director to redo things for the movie, and I heard they might need Hugh to re-film some of his scenes, which is just a mess and I would imagine is very stressful considering he has to look a certain way for that movie and has other commitments.

And filming for The Greatest Showman on Earth is supposed to start filming the beginning of September - it is an original movie musical (has never been done on stage) in which Hugh plays the lead (P.T. Barnum). The problem is, promotions for Pan will begin in September more than likely and this might conflict with Hugh's schedule.

And then right after that film, Hugh is supposed to reprise his Wolverine role one last time.

My opinion is that Hugh is over-exerting himself and overworking himself, but I'm not sure why. I don't think any actor needs to do that many projects in one year.

In between all of this, he also is frequently taking part in humanitarian projects through World Vision, The Global Poverty Project, and other organizations he and his wife are active ambassadors and spokespeople for (they are actively involved with almost 60 charities and causes). He also owns his own charitable business, Laughing Man, and has founded several philanthropic organizations with his wife. He is on the Board of Directors for a charter school (for inner city kids) in Harlem, NY. He regularly does stuff for all of these organizations despite his schedule. I'm not sure how he does it, but he manages to fit all of this in - in between acting. But I can't help but think that overall, he has a lot on his plate work wise. He has some family troubles too (his beloved dad is dying) but that's another story ... Bottom line is, I'm not sure when the man will ever take a legitimate rest, but I hope he does!

Quote:
To be honest, last night was the first time I read awful comments about Benedict... I don't know why people are so mean...I guess they're jealous..
But you're right... Hugh and Ben are people with no scandals, they're dedicated to their work, do a lot of things in art...love their wives...
People just want to read gossips, imo...
Agreed.

Quote:
Of course, dear!
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 04-26-2015 at 03:07 PM
Old 04-26-2015, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Pan is already my favorite movie of the summer
Old 04-26-2015, 04:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenSirens (View Post)
Pan is already my favorite movie of the summer
Sadly, it's now coming out in the fall - October.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:00 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you for all these info, Teresa

He has a very busy schedule

~ Pari ~ addicted to brainies Icon by me
Old 04-27-2015, 08:50 AM
Elite Fan

You're welcome, Pari! He does, although personally I think he overworks himself. For example, when you use your voice so much that you get a vocal hemorrhage, you are overworking yourself, and I've noticed when it comes to work, he takes it a bit too far a lot without giving himself much of a break. You can't expect to move from one project to another (each project in a different country) so quickly and not burn yourself out. One of the movie directors he's worked with said Hugh works so hard that he passed out on the movie set from over-exhaustion (I think it was Darren Aronofsky who said that). That's Hugh's personality when it comes to work, but that kind of behavior weakens your immune system and if he's already susceptible to some health problems, I just hope he'll be careful. I hope his current time back at home in NYC means he's finally giving himself some much needed rest.

Here are some new pictures of Hugh and Deb. They were spotted yesterday grabbing a snack and walking their dogs:

Old 04-27-2015, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you for the pics, Teresa

He seems that never gets some relax...

Old 04-27-2015, 11:19 AM
Elite Fan

You're welcome

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I remember Deb calling him a workaholic. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Regardless, he still always puts his family first, before work.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:28 AM
Elite Fan

That's good for him because family is all we have

Old 04-27-2015, 11:34 AM
Elite Fan

It is. Hugh has actually turned down several movie roles that would require him to be away from his family. Did you know about Hugh's 2-week rule? Basically, he has a rule where he will never, and has never, been away from his family for more than 2 weeks at a time, and he brings his family with him on every movie set. Deb and the kids are always with him when he films X-Men, for example, and when co-stars ask him to go out and get drinks at night or things like that, they say Hugh turns those outings down to stay with his family. Usually his family is with him at all times, so rarely is he away for an entire 2 weeks. When he filmed Les Miserables, it was the first time his family couldn't come with him, and he flew back every weekend even though he was in England and they were in NYC so that he could see them.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Ever since Les Miserables and Prisoners, I now see Hugh as more than an action star so I'm happy to hear him turning down some roles. Easy to get typecast into those action roles (look at Arnold, Sylvester, etc...). Hugh is definitely going to win an Oscar one day for his great roles he's been picking!
Old 04-28-2015, 12:09 AM
Elite Fan

To be honest, I liked him less in action movies than the rest...

Old 04-28-2015, 08:02 AM
Elite Fan

It always bugged me that some people mostly knew Hugh as an action star because he started in musical theater and earned the prestigious Laurence Olivier Award nomination for Oklahoma!, had been in Paperback Hero and Erskineville Kings - the first being an Australian romance comedy and the second being a serious heartfelt drama, and while few people saw those movies, his performances in them were critically acclaimed.

Then, when he made it to Hollywood, Hugh did Kate & Leopold right after X-Men and earned a Golden Globe nomination! He won a Tony Award in 2004 on Broadway for The Boy From Oz playing the flamboyant song writer Peter Allen, he had done Someone Like You, The Fountain, The Prestige, Australia, Deception (even though I hate that movie, lol), and several other films (especially animated movies) in the 2000s that had no element of action in them, and he owned in those roles.

I think the only action roles he did were the X-Men movies, Swordfish, and Van Helsing - yet somehow that's what he became known for.

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 04-28-2015 at 08:16 AM
Old 04-28-2015, 11:22 AM
Elite Fan

I love Deception and how bad he is
Anyway...a lot of actors became known from action movies...Hugh never stopped to work and getting better by taking place in different projects...

I'll watch Prisoners this weekend and let you know...

Old 04-28-2015, 11:34 AM
Elite Fan

Haha yeah you like when Hugh plays baddies.

Prisoners is a phenomenal film. I look forward to your thoughts. I still agree with the many who felt Hugh and Jake were snubbed that year of Oscar nominations.

RE: Hugh in action films ... To be fair, what Hugh has done with the Wolverine character is iconic and will put him down in history, so I think he deserves the respect he gets for that role. Not only is he the first and only actor to play that character, but when he finishes the last Wolverine film next year, he would have played that character 8 times and for 17 years. 17 years! X-Men 1 revolutionized comic book movies (people forget that it is the first of the recent, more sophisticated type of comic book films). And Hugh is the only actor to stay that committed to a comic book role. The torture he endures to keep his body at that level as he approaches late 40s is endless, he is the only comic book actor to do almost all of his own stunts, and he is so kind to the comic book fans. The role has made him an icon and he deserves it.

Also, Swordfish might be a mindless action film, but Hugh was really charismatic and sexy in it.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:56 AM
Elite Fan

Is there any movie he isn't sexy

Of course I like him in action movies, he's very good as always but for me movies with deeper meaning in characters are the best...

Swordfish...never watched it but I will

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top