Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2015, 12:18 AM
Elite Fan

Aw, I love that version, Matt!

You're welcome, Pari!

Do you both want to see a video I made about Hugh's friendship with Anne Hathaway? It's a sweet friendship video I put together last year, and, of course, it was Les Mis and the Oscars when they worked together.

If so, this is my video:
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
Old 04-24-2015, 03:20 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you for this

I love your video

~ Pari ~ addicted to brainies Icon by me
Old 04-24-2015, 05:18 AM
Elite Fan

Aw you're welcome, Pari, and thank you! By the way, I just realized you put part of what Hugh told my mom as a title to this thread! Awww!

You know Hugh has been dealing with several health problems recently, right? I'm pretty sure Hugh had another cancer operation on his nose this past week. That would be the 5th one in only a little over a year. I saw a candid of him from a few days ago and he had a bandage on his nose. He suffered a hemorrhage in his vocal cord a couple of months ago. He sometimes appears to have some sort of skin rash or vascular problem, and he is the type of person to never complain, but recently he has mentioned several times that feels really exhausted. I don't know exactly what is going on with him - if there is an underlying disease, but it is evident recently that often times he doesn't feel well. Poor guy.

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 04-24-2015 at 06:15 AM
Old 04-24-2015, 09:58 AM
Elite Fan

I read about this on his twitter account...he forced to cancel his appearance in Istanbul that period but he'll go again in May

I hope everything is ok now

Old 04-24-2015, 10:24 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah. I mean, he's had a lot of skin cancers (I think he has had 5 or 6 in total now) that he doesn't announce though and some other health problems that are obvious to people , but that he has not come forward about to the public - so it is impossible to know exactly what's wrong. Not the skin cancer, but there is something else off about his appearance in the last half year or so. I even noticed it in person. It's understandable though that he wouldn't want to tell the public.

Honestly, I don't think everything is okay because he has been saying strange things, and neither do a lot of his hardcore fans I know who follow him/keep up with everything. But we hope he's okay. We are all pretty sure he's leaving the Wolverine role because of health problems, and not all the time - but many times recently, he just looks really tired, pale, and a bit ill. He is really good at covering that up on his twitter/IG! But in some paparazzi photos and in some interviews (like the Istanbul interview), he couldn't hide it.

When I met him, there were was a lady who went up to him all motherly-like and was like, "I know you've been ill. I hope you are taking good care of yourself." Hugh blushed and said, "Feeling better today."
Old 04-24-2015, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I think he's fine. Just getting too old to play Wolverine.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

I mean, he just had another skin cancer operation last week (I figure it out because sometimes new candids are taken and he has another bandage on his face or nose and he recently admitted in a small interview that he's had more skin cancer operations than have been reported in the media). Even if it's not melanoma, your chance of getting melanoma increases significantly with every non-melanoma skin cancer, so he's probably stressed out from that. And he's been admitting in small interviews that he's exhausted and doesn't feel well, and in some of those smaller interviews he looked pretty ill, flushed, and sounded like he had a sore throat, so I don't know that he's really fine health wise if he himself is expressing concern, but I agree that he's getting too old to play Wolverine.

Flushed Away! I love this movie:

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 04-24-2015 at 02:15 PM
Old 04-24-2015, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't know that his condition was that serious...

I wish the best for him...He has a nice family and he deserves the best...

Old 04-24-2015, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

yeah but all that are just symptoms of exhaustion and dozens other ailments. He's fine. I promise it. He's posting videos of dancing and everything. Bandages don't imply skin cancer. He could have been punched in the face, his Wolverine claw could have scratched him when he was picking a booger, etc... hehe.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:31 PM
Elite Fan

Hehe, love the Wolverine joke.

Well it was Hugh who said he's had 4 skin cancers in the past year, including one earlier this year. This was in an interview from March, so a bandage on his nose is likely skin cancer. I have seen him have a bandage in two different places since that interview. He has been filming Eddie the Eagle, and there is no set prop that would cause an injury that small on the nose, in my opinion. But the idea of him being punched in the face. I'm trying to picture it.

Regarding Hugh's silly/fun dancing video ... he actually tends to post many videos/pictures on his IG that were taken months ago. The Russel Crowe one was from this past week, but a lot of the others probably aren't. I realized this because when I met him, there were certain pictures he would take that he posted on his IG like a month or 2 later. Hugh is sneaky like that! But I think it helps maintain his privacy a bit.

And he overworked himself to get the vocal hemorrhage. He has other health problems I know about that I wouldn't disclose on a public forum though because it is likely private info.

But either way, I just see Hugh as a happy spirit. He would dance, smile, and sing even if he had a terminal illness (he doesn't, but just hypothetically, I think his personality would be to try to still find happiness in his situation) so him dancing in videos doesn't really say much about his health. He is the same guy who never missed a performance on Broadway doing The Boy From Oz even though he had a total of 4 stress fractures in his feet and influenza. Anyone else would've taken time off. That's what I love about him though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jis_Bon (View Post)
I didn't know that his condition was that serious...

I wish the best for him...He has a nice family and he deserves the best...
I think he'll be fine, but he really does overwork himself. He does have a lovely family. I made a really inspiring video about him and his wife if you'd like to see. I also had made a cute video about Hugh as a dad.

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 04-24-2015 at 11:06 PM
Old 04-25-2015, 03:46 AM
Elite Fan

So, I admire him a lot that he's as he is...an inspiring man and artist...he'll be there for his family and fans...
I also love his relationship with his wife...

Old 04-25-2015, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I don't like movie adaptations of musicals as they butcher the product to appeal to people too uneducated to go to the actual theatre, but he did a fantastic job in Les Miserables, same with the rest of that cast. So whether he's really sick or not, we're not his family so we can only love him for what he gives us on film. For that, we're forever taken care of. Except Real Steel....we'll forget that one happened (despite it being filmed 5 miles away from my house here in Detroit)
Old 04-25-2015, 07:59 AM
Elite Fan

Haha I actually love Real Steel! It was a fun kids movie with a sweet father/son story that had just the right amount of cheese for you to take kids or little cousins to, and I love boxing. It's cool that you didn't like the movie though, and it's really cool you live in Detroit!

I agree on Les Miserables. Hugh's performance was so powerful in that movie. He really deserved his Oscar nomination, and the level of dedication he displayed off camera during the making of that movie is absolutely inspiring and incredible. Hugh gives it his all every step of the way.

I love Hugh as an actor and as a human being. Definitely one of the kindest, most loving people I have ever met - a genuine soul, a wonderful man, and a fine actor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jis_Bon (View Post)
So, I admire him a lot that he's as he is...an inspiring man and artist...he'll be there for his family and fans...
I also love his relationship with his wife...
Agree 100% I absolutely adore his relationship with his wife. Hugh understands what love truly means on a very deep level.

And this quote from Hugh's wife is so sweet!
"If I'm feeling low or thinking I've let myself go a bit, I talk to Hugh and he says, 'Darling, you're beautiful!' I guess when you love someone, they always look beautiful to you. He'd never say I'd gained weight or I didn't look good - never," she continued. "I am very blessed to have a husband who only ever sees the best in me."
Old 04-25-2015, 10:17 AM
Elite Fan

The quote is adorable

Thank you, Teresa

Old 04-25-2015, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Oh, I LOVE Real Steel....just movies like that don't get acclaim for acting. He SHOULD have won the Oscar for Les Mis. Anne Hathaway made me sob like a baby in her performance in that movie and glad she got the award. Hugh should have, too.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread