Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2015, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

I will

~ Pari ~ addicted to brainies Icon by me
Old 10-09-2015, 10:14 PM
Elite Fan

I feel so bad for Hugh. He just promoted his new movie, Pan, tirelessly for the past month - he did so many press junkets and interviews, and it has flopped horribly. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen critic reviews this harsh. One critic gave it 0/5 stars, trashed Hugh's acting, and said some of the meanest things I've heard any critic say about a movie. As a result of critics, people are hopping on the bandwagon and bashing the movie as well before they even go see it. People are going into the movie already wanting to hate it.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I know it's not going to be that bad. To give it 0/5 stars is just cruel.

Poor Hugh. Chappie was trashed and was regarded as a cinematic failure earlier this year, and now Pan is being trashed even worse. When Eddie the Eagle comes out next year, that will probably be trashed too. His career at the moment doesn't seem to be going very well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ Jis_Bon ~ (View Post)
I will
Can't wait!
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
Old 10-10-2015, 05:39 AM
Elite Fan

I just read the interview! He really touched me...I didn't know that his mother abandoned them...it's heartbreaking ...
The way he talks about his family is unique! God bless him

I haven't watch the last films of Hugh and I didn't even know about the bad critics...That's sad...But imo, you better not take them serious because they're not all true. I had read a bad critic about a movie recently and I was surprised because I loved it! So don't worry

Old 10-12-2015, 09:30 AM
Elite Fan

Happy 47th birthday to Hugh Jackman!

I hope he has a wonderful day!

Quote:
I just read the interview! He really touched me...I didn't know that his mother abandoned them...it's heartbreaking ...
The way he talks about his family is unique! God bless him
Aw I'm really glad you enjoyed the interview, Pari! Thanks for reading. Did you know that in adulthood, Hugh forgave his mother, and now they have a relationship? I think it's so beautiful. And I agree with you - the way he talks about his family is really unique - including the way he talks about his parents, his siblings, his wife and children. Even on his twitter, his profile picture is of him and his dad together. He loves his entire family so much. I also love that he opened up about the inspiration he gets spiritually and from his religion to act and do humanitarian work.

Quote:
I haven't watch the last films of Hugh and I didn't even know about the bad critics...That's sad...But imo, you better not take them serious because they're not all true. I had read a bad critic about a movie recently and I was surprised because I loved it! So don't worry
I saw Pan over the weekend and really liked it. But unfortunately, the critics have a large power to influence, and the movie has officially bombed harder at the box office than most movies in recent times.

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 10-12-2015 at 12:20 PM
Old 10-13-2015, 05:41 AM
Elite Fan

Please don't take the critics seriously...We are different people with different personalities!

Old 10-13-2015, 06:14 AM
Elite Fan

Looks like Hugh had a great birthday!

Quote:
Please don't take the critics seriously...We are different people with different personalities!
I don't take critics seriously. I loved the movie and saw it despite what they say. But most people do take them seriously and the result was the movie flopping at the box office, which is my point. I bring it up because regardless of our ability to ignore critics, the failure of this movie hurts Hugh Jackman's career. I care about his career and this year, every film he made failed both critically and at the box office. All actors will make a bad movie, but these were actually good movies in my opinion and now people with some influence in the entertainment industry are saying that apart from X-Men, Hugh can't carry a movie (clearly they must have not seen Les Miserables. They also fail to realize that Hugh was not the main character in Chappie or Pan). So regardless of whether I listen to critics, it affects him. Does that make sense? That is the only reason it bothers me. Imagine Benedict Cumberbatch's movies failing at the box office and journalists writing articles about how he can't carry a movie and shouldn't be a go-to actor. Wouldn't that bother you?

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 10-13-2015 at 08:14 AM
Old 10-13-2015, 08:43 AM
Elite Fan

Of course it would bothered me!!

Do you remember The Fifth Estate? It was Benedict's first leading role in a movie and it was flopped! Imo the movie was very good and the actors amazing but no one liked because of Wikileaks... Since then he made another movies (as a supporting actor) and his last film (The Imitation Game) was high acclaimed especially because of his playing not the theme because it was unaccurated.

Hugh is a high acclaimed actor, he is a good actor, he did beautiful movies and he will do in the future. You can't predict a flop but this doesn't mean his career will be ruined. Did you see Johnny Depp? After many flops, he did his comeback with Black Mass.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:15 AM
Elite Fan

Aw you're right, Pari! Sorry I took so long to respond. I had written up a reply several days ago, but had wanted to try to wait until there is some Hugh news. But no Hugh news came! So I'm replying.

There are great quotes from Hugh in a fairly new interview article I saw so I'll post an excerpt:

Quote:
“I didn’t have any power in this industry until I was maybe 30, and I’ve had many, many jobs where I was way down the other end of the food chain, and so I always respected the people who were at the top who seemed to care about what you did and appreciate you. So I’ve tried to never forget that.”

Hugh talks about when he was in his early 20s at drama school in Perth, Australia. He worked as a barman in the VIP area of a local venue. A lot of people treated him like dirt, he says, but one person who was always good to him was Paul Dainty, Australia’s top music promoter. “He was in and out every month with a show,” Jackman says, “and he’d have a whisky on the rocks and he’d always have a chat and ask how I was. I was nobody to him.” Now Dainty is promoting Jackman’s one-man show.

“I suppose there have been times where I’ve been a bit short with people,” he offers. “And I find that the minute after, my mind is like, ‘Why did you do that? That poor person, they just wanted a photo,’ Or whatever. It stays in my head. It’s actually harder work for me. It’s easier for me to be polite and look people in the eye and shake their hand than to do it any other way. Maybe it’s just the way I was brought up.”
Old 10-20-2015, 12:19 PM
Elite Fan

Hey Theressa
Missed you!! Are you fine?

I watched Hamlet today through NTL and I still feel haunted....

Thanks for the beautiful quotes of Hugh!!

Old 10-22-2015, 09:05 AM
Elite Fan

I'm okay, just a bit worn out and working on a paper to potentially get a job. How are you?

Aw I love Hamlet!

Hugh posted this lovely throwback picture of him and Deb today:

Old 10-22-2015, 10:29 AM
Elite Fan

I wish you the best about the job, dear

I'm fine, a little bit tired though as I had a very busy week but a three day off weekend waiting for me, so I keep my soul calm till tomorrow evening.

You have to watch Hamlet, it's fabulous, I think there's an encore in November sometime, so if you like, you could take the opportunity and the happiness ( ) of watching Ben

Hugh's pic is awesome and sweet, I saw it on twitter...he seems so young on it

Old 10-22-2015, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I wish you the best about the job, dear
Thank you, love!

Quote:
I'm fine, a little bit tired though as I had a very busy week but a three day off weekend waiting for me, so I keep my soul calm till tomorrow evening.
You'll get through!
Quote:
You have to watch Hamlet, it's fabulous, I think there's an encore in November sometime, so if you like, you could take the opportunity and the happiness ( ) of watching Ben
Where do I watch it?

Quote:
Hugh's pic is awesome and sweet, I saw it on twitter...he seems so young on it
Yeah, I think he was around 27 there. Deb was so pretty. Hugh also posted this one today. He and Deb were at the Robbie Williams concert last night in Melbourne, Australia (according to a news article I saw) and I guess this pic is from that:
Old 10-23-2015, 09:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBabe (View Post)
Where do I watch it?
You can watch in cinemas around the world...I know that there are some encore in US on Nov. You can find info on NTL site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBabe (View Post)
Yeah, I think he was around 27 there. Deb was so pretty. Hugh also posted this one today. He and Deb were at the Robbie Williams concert last night in Melbourne, Australia (according to a news article I saw) and I guess this pic is from that:
Wonderful pic! I admire Robbie Williams

Old 11-08-2015, 01:34 PM
Elite Fan

Hi Pari! How have you been? This is Theresa. I changed my screen name. I've been so busy with life so haven't been posting much.

I love these pictures Hugh posted on social media in the last couple of weeks! How sweet is he? Awwwwww

Another picture of him and his dad, which he made his new profile picture, and in which he captioned it "Spending time with my my hero, my Dad.":

And a picture of Hugh hanging out with his beautiful little niece, Jacquie, today at a convent:

Hugh also posted this picture of him as a little boy last week:

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 11-08-2015 at 03:57 PM
Old 11-08-2015, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

Hi, Theresa!! Missed you!

I love you new screen name

Awwww
He's really pure sweet...I saw these pics in social media

Thanks!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread