Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2018, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

i hope they do blu-ray conversions for all Audrey's films, like they did with RH and BAT. i would love to see a high def version of Sabrina, Funny Face, Paris When It Sizzles, Nun's Story, Charade, How To Steal A Million, Love In The Afternoon, and Green Mansions.
Jen's Herald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
i hope they do blu-ray conversions for all Audrey's films, like they did with RH and BAT. i would love to see a high def version of Sabrina, Funny Face, Paris When It Sizzles, Nun's Story, Charade, How To Steal A Million, Love In The Afternoon, and Green Mansions.
YES! That would be great!
RandHrShipper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 10:24 PM
Addicted Fan

The wit of it!....

The double-double cross by Peter O'Toole....

Her father's absolutely shamelessness....

Who would have thought that a little broom cupboard could ever have been so sexy?!?

AKA, Audrey looks like a million dollars, even when she's dressed like she's mopping the floor and Peter O'Toole just looks like... he's up to no good, even when he's being honestly dishonest.

hopeless romantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeless romantic (View Post)

Who would have thought that a little broom cupboard could ever have been so sexy?!?
I know! The broom closet scene!
Old 05-05-2018, 08:50 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm shameless, but i adore this little movie.

It's not her most famous film (nor is it Peter O'Toole's), but there's just something about him telling her that she looks like a Cellini (yet another of Florence's great sculptors, aka, a great from the Renaissance who was particularly known for crafting tiny works in gold, but he is equally well known for his Perseus with the Head of Medusa, which is still displayed in the Piazza della Signoria (Michaelangelo's David being the only sculpture from the original grouping to have been removed, although a replica takes it's place) such that his works definitely quantified the title of the movie when it was made, with a few additional 'ka-chings' on the cash register these days, lol) that always melts my heart.

As does the trick with the magnet.

i'm still not comfortable with how they got the magnet and the key around the corner, but it wasn't CGI, so i just accepted that physics had some sort of an answer and I laughed with them every inch of what it took Audrey/Nicole to convince her adorably effervescent father, Charles Bonnet, to retire (although I can't help but suspect that he "retired" to Tahiti and immediately started painting Gaugains, lol).
hopeless romantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread