Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2003, 09:05 PM
Cotton Candy

Home Alone Series #1: Families suck.

Welcome to Fan Forum's first official thread dedicated to !

*****************************************************************************************

Sister Threads

*****************************************************************************************

Post away!

Old 11-25-2003, 07:11 AM
Master Fan

Oh yay, a full Home Alone thread...now I can put non-Mac quotes in. Starting with my favourite [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

"Marv!"
"Harry?"
"Why the hell'd you take your shoes off?"
"Why the hell you dressed like a chicken?!"

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Leeann
xx
Old 11-25-2003, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

lol aww I loved this movie. I never get tired of it...and I could watch it over and over... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2003, 09:37 AM
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally posted by Cici-inator:
<STRONG>Oh yay, a full Home Alone thread...now I can put non-Mac quotes in. Starting with my favourite [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

"Marv!"
"Harry?"
"Why the hell'd you take your shoes off?"
"Why the hell you dressed like a chicken?!"
</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] You could have posted that quote over at the "Favorite Mac Movie" thread. It wasn't asking which movie did you like him the best in, it was just asking for your favorite film as a whole that he was in. That's why I said My Girl, because it's my favorite movie. If it had been asking "Which movie stands out to you as the Mac movie", I would have, hands down, said this one. He IS Home Alone, [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. Okay, I just wanted to be clear.

I love that quote that you posted! It's one of my favorites from the whole movie!

Ledi-Welcome! I could watch it over and over again too and have, [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. It was on tv the other day and my brother was watching it and I heard the music from another room and I'm like "Home Alone!" and ran into the kitchen, hehe.

[ 11-25-2003: Message edited DCreekFreak ]

Old 11-25-2003, 09:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

The kid is so adorable! This was a fun movie [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

You know you love me...
Old 11-25-2003, 09:33 PM
Addicted Fan

I love this movie, and the second one too but I thought the third one sucked...mostly because Mac wasn't in it, probably. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Kevin: I'm not going to apologise to Buzz! I'd rather kiss a toilet seat!

[ 11-25-2003: Message edited ~*coconut ice*~ ]

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:15 PM
Cotton Candy

Wow, I don't even think of Home Alone 3 as part of the series. It was a totally different family and a totally different kid. It was made in a completely different decade and should have really been called Home Alone: The Remake or just not have been made altogether. Sorry, JMHO. Home Alone 2 was cute and a part of my childhood, but IMO, it was unnecessary. It was the same as the original, just set in New York. Plus, it didn't have the heart and part of the charm that made the original so great. But, maybe I'll change my mind. I have to see it again. I did enjoy it when it came out, but I wasn't obsessed with it like I was with the original.

[ 11-25-2003: Message edited DCreekFreak ]

Old 12-05-2003, 11:37 AM
Cotton Candy

I'm humming the score music now, [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. The music in this movie is so classic. It's so poignant and makes me very nostalgic.

Old 12-05-2003, 03:18 PM
Master Fan

Home Alone 1+2 is usually screened around christmas time over here,I've watched it every time,so far. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

- The Wind That Blew My Heart Away
Old 12-06-2003, 05:11 PM
Cotton Candy

Yeah, I see Home Alone on a lot around the holidays. I have it on tape though, so it's okay if I miss it once in a while [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 12-06-2003, 10:21 PM
Loyal Fan

I love "Home Alone", but only parts one and two. The third one was just . . . you wanted to peel your skin off just to have something else to do.

I love when Kevin is going through Buzz's trunk thing, and he finds the picture of Buzz's girlfriend and says something like, Woof! and then throws it to the side [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

I also like when he's in the store, and asks the lady, Is this toothbrush approved by the American Dental Association? and she's like, I dunno, and he goes, Well, can you check, please? And then when he goes grocery shopping, and the lady at the counter asks him where his mom is, his dad, etc., and then she asks him where he lives, and he says to her, Lady, I can't tell you. You're a stranger.

"It does not say that."

"You're right. But it would be so classic if it did."
Old 12-06-2003, 10:28 PM
Cotton Candy

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Yeah, those parts were really cute. I thought the ending was great. "Kevin! What did you do to my room!?", [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. I also love when his mom finally comes home for him and they hug. That was such a heartwarming moment.

Old 12-07-2003, 02:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

I loved that movie too! It's a very Christmassy movie, but channels in the UK never seem to show it around Xmas [or maybe's it just me!] The only line I remember and that sticks out 'cause it's so funny the way he says it is:

Buzz: I wouldn't let you stay in my room if you were GROWING ON MY ASS!

Or something like that! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/triquetra.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2003, 03:10 PM
Cotton Candy

Sometimes UK channels operate differently than US ones, so it's very possible that you're not missing anything and they just don't usually show it.

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Buzz is hilarious! I love that line as well. It's definitely his delivery of it that makes it so funny. I never realized how funny it was when I was little.

Old 12-08-2003, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

I re-watched this last night before my work's night out. It's my aim to watch all my Christmas themed movies this month and naturally, I started with Home Alone. I'll need to watch the second one today as well [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Now for LOADS of quotes! I know most of this by heart so I'm gonna make damn sure they are correct! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Kevin: Did I burn down the joint? I don't think so.
I was making ornaments out of fish-hooks.
Peter: My new fish-hooks?
Kevin: I can't make ornaments out of the old ones, with dry worm guts stuck on them.

Kevin: Excuse me puke breath. I'm a lot smaller than you. I don't know how to pack a suitcase.

Linnie: Listen, Kevin, what are you so worried about? You know that Mom is going to pack your suitcase anyway. You are what the French call 'Les Incompetent'!

Buzz: Is it true that French babes don't shave their pits?
Cousin: Some don't.
Buzz: But they got nude beaches?
Cousin: Not in the winter.

Buzz: I wouldn't let you sleep in my room if you were growing on my ass!

Peter: Say goodnight, Kevin!
Kevin: Goodnight Kevin!

Kevin: [re: Playboy mag] No clothes on anybody. Sickening!

Kevin: Buzz, your girlfriend, woof!!

Johnny: [on TV] Hey, I'll tell you what I'm gonna give you, Snakes. I'm gonna give you to the count of ten, to git your ugly, yellow, no good keister off my property before I pump your guts full of lead. [shoots Snakes] Keep the change you filthy animal!

Uncle Frank: If it makes you feel any better; I forgot my reading glasses.

Kevin: [re: accidentally stealing a toothbrush] I'm a criminal.

Buzz: [re: Kevin home alone]...for three reasons A) I'm not that lucky; 2) we have smoke detectors and D) we live in the most boring street in the whole of the United States of America where nothing even remotely dangerous will ever happen. Period.

Woman: Is that a real Rolex?
Kate: Do you think it is?
Woman: No.
Kate: But who can tell?

Clerk: Are you here all by yourself?
Kevin: Ma'am, I'm eight years old. Do you really think I'd be here alone. I don't think so!
Clerk: Where's your mom?
Kevin: My mom's in the car.
Clerk: Where's your father?
Kevin: He's at work.
Clerk: What about your brothers and your sisters?
Kevin: I'm an only child.
Clerk: Where do you live?
Kevin: Uh, I can't tell you that.
Clerk: Why not?
Kevin: Because you're a stranger.

Harry: [re: Kevin's house] Go check it out.
Marv: Now?
Harry: No, Egghead, tomorrow. NOW!

Harry: I think we got scammed by a Kindergarter.

Marv: Kids are scared of the dark.
Harry: You're afraid of the dark too, Marv.

Kevin: This is my house, I HAVE to defend it!

Kevin: This is it, don't get scared now.

Harry: Merry Christmas little fella. We know that you're in there and that you're all alone!
Marv: Yeah, come on kid, open up. It's Santy Claus and his elf.

Harry: Marv?
Marv: Harry?
Harry: Why the hell'd you take your shoes off?
Marv: Why the hell you dressed like a chicken?

Kevin: You guys give up, or are you thirsty for more?

Harry: You bomb me with one more can, kid, and I'll snap off your cojones and burn them in motor oil!

Harry: Where'd he go?
Marv: Maybe he comitted suicide.

Kate: Tell me, have you ever gone on vacation and left your child home?
Gus: No, but I did leave one in I funeral palour once. The wife and I left him there all day. All day alone with the corpse. But he was okay. After six-seven weeks, he came around, started talking again. But he's okay. They get over it. Kids are resilient like that.
Kate: Maybe we shouldn't talk about this.

Kevin: I went shopping yesterday.
Jeff: You? Shopping!
Kevin: I got ya eggs, milk and fabric softner.
Peter: No kidding? What a funny guy. What else did you do while we were away?
Kevin: Just...hung around.

Buzz: KEVIN! WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY ROOM?!

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Leeann
xx

[ 12-08-2003: Message edited Cici-inator ]