Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Elite Fan

Heartbreaking Moments - Ouch, my heart!

What are for you, the most heartbreaking moments you've experienced watching a movie.

For me, the ending of I Love You, I Love You Not with Claire Danes and Jude Law. Ahhhh, poor Daisy. I really hated that ending the first time I watched the movie.

Sweeney Todd - Johanna" and
Spoiler:

Of course, City of Angels, when Maggie gets hit by the truck and Seth runs to her side.

Haven [SPOILERS] When Shy finds Andrea in the bathroom with some other guy. When Andrea goes to talk to Shy and he confesses he killed her brother.

Million Dollar Baby - [SPOILERS] When Maggie asks Frankie to take the tubes off.

House of Wax (2005) Wade's tear/when you realize he's still alive.

Matchstick Men
Spoiler:

The Phantom of the Opera All I Ask of You (Reprise) It breaks my heart every single time.

I have soooooo many more!

Last edited by ROCKSTAR; 04-10-2008 at 02:54 PM
ROCKSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:35 AM
Elite Fan

Moulin Rouge when Satine and Christian are singing the last number. You know that she is going to die and he has no idea. It's heartbreaking!

...which is why I'm posting it here
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
jackiehydelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:49 AM
Total Fan

Tearfully agree with all Especially Moulin Rouge and Million Dollar Baby.

Strangely, I always cry at the end of Face/Off with Nic Cage and Travolta, when Travolta's chracter takes in Cages' young son

{visit the '90s}

{please campaign & vote} mila kunis
varjak-golightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:26 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Man, that scene in HOW, when his tear went down his cheek, I totally got goosebumps all over.

1408 When Mike holds his daughter as she's saying she want to stay, then she dies in his arms, and he cries.
Also, when she turns to stone(?) and breaks into pieces and he tries to get he pieces back together.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
dancing in the rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:51 AM
Amy
Elite Fan

Phantom of the Opera! When Erik is singing Masqurade to the music box and Christine comes back to give the ring to him
Old 04-10-2008, 11:32 PM
Elite Fan

That Face/Off moment gives me chills. Also, I always get sad when Sasha is laying on the floor telling "Castor" to take care of their boy. And when Pollux drops from the celing... John Travolta does a great job of weeping for someone on behalf of someone else. There was some good acting in that movie.

Moulin Rouge is one heartbreaking moment after the other. I always prep up when I'm going to watch it because wow, I get so involved and emotional.

Totally! House of Wax, for all its craziness and sillyness really did caught me off guard with such a touching moment.

Oh, I just remembered in POTC: At World's End,
Spoiler:
Old 04-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
Oh, I just remembered in POTC: At World's End,
Spoiler:
I completely forgot about this! You're totally right. I remember being really upset when this happened
Old 04-11-2008, 06:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hope Floats: When the dad leaves his daughter after the grandmother's funeral and she's crying that he wants her and he just leaves her to be with his new girlfriend. I get choked up every single time...It's so painful to watch that scene.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:45 AM
Addicted Fan

lol I may sound stupid but seriously, The Lion King when Mufasa gets killed !! So sad!! haha , im a dork
LeslieMarie199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

House of Wax (remake)-Wade's tear, when he melts into the wax with the house

Sweeney Todd-the ending....Damn you TOBY!! it was so sad when he died

Four Brothers-when Jack dies

Saw 4-when Eric (Donnie Wahlberg) dies...the ice comes down and smashes his head

Harry Potter 5when sirius dies-so sad!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie

Last edited by ocfan27; 08-08-2009 at 07:06 PM
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:53 AM
Addicted Fan

A Walk to Remember - When Jamie tells Landon she has cancer
LeslieMarie199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

My Girl - When Harry, had to tell Vada, that Thomas J. had passed away and when Vada walked up to his casket and asked if he wanted to go tree climbing.. OMG, I can cry thinking about it. That girl deserved an oscar, for that scene alone. it just tore my heart up.

The Man In The Moon - I cry on several part's of this moive, but when Dani see's Court, lying on the ground covered in blood after being run over by the tractor and runs screaming into ther dad's arms and then when Maureen breaks down in the house and at Court's grave and Dani grabs her head into her lap. I also cry when Dani explains to her dad about taking the belt to her, that she wasn't mad at him and he breaks down and pulls her out the truck and hugs her forever.

Titanic - When the woman tucks her kids into bed, cause she knows they aren't getting out alive.

Beaches I thin,k I cry, the whole entire, last half hour of the film.

Pay It Forward - The ending kills me everytime.

Across The Universe - The "Let It Be" Scene, the whole thing, made me bawl..

Big Daddy - When the guy is arguing with Sonny, after he finds out that he had been lying and Julian hears them, the way he says Sonny's name, Oh man, then when he dosen't want to go.

The Orphanage -
Spoiler:
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)

Last edited by ***BLONDIE***; 04-11-2008 at 12:26 PM
***BLONDIE*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

I can't believe I forgot about My Girl... That scene when she goes to the casket, kills me every time! It may have been one of the first times I ever cried watching a movie. That and Bambi
Old 04-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***BLONDIE*** (View Post)

The Man In The Moon - I cry on several part's of this moive, but when Dani see's Court, lying on the ground covered in blood after being run over by the tractor and runs screaming into ther dad's arms and then when Maureen breaks down in the house and at Court's grave and Dani grabs her head into her lap. I also cry when Dani explains to her dad about taking the belt to her, that she wasn't mad at him and he breaks down and pulls her out the truck and hugs her forever.

Across The Universe - The "Let It Be" Scene, the whole thing, made me bawl..
Both of those are really heartbreaking! The Man In the Moon really got to me when I first watched it.

The Let it Be sequence is Across the Universe teared up. It was so well done and everything so somber and sad. I listen to the movie version of the song and it gives me chills. They did it live at this years Grammys and it was SO moving!

Reign Over Me - When Charlie starts talking about his family. Oh my! I cried and cried until my head felt like a balloon. Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle were so perfect in this scene.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Some of mine have been mentioned, like Pay It Forward.

Anna And The King - When Tuptim and Balat are beheaded, gets me EVERY time, and I've seen the movie countless times.

Grave Of The Fireflies - That whole movie is a sobfest, but that scene where Home Sweet Home is being played in the background is when I totally lost it. One of the movies I can't handle to see more often than once
NSDeReVkO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread