Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He's Just Not That Into You (2009) #1: Sometimes, he is.

Hey guys! Welcome to the He's Just Not That Into You Appreciation Thread!

Fans:
1. goodbreakingbad (Anji)
2. LostEvi
3. KerBear (Kerry)
4. dixieland_dreamer (Jenna)
5. BabyJ
6. courtneybangelcakes (Courtney)
7. ~Phoenix~ (Emma)
8. SharTheLove (Shari)
9. Ruby_Slippers (Ruby)
10. Evil Poptart (Holly)
11. Enigma (Mel)
12. Amy Lee__ (Amy)
13. Gabriela (Gabriela)
14. cestlalune (Maria)
15. Elizabeth_88 (Elizabeth)
16. missingOTH
17. ellamd
18. cmn24601 (Carrie)
19. laurenfan1
20. -Alina-
21. jessica3311 (Jessica)

Links:
He's Just Not That Into You LJ Community
Trailer
Trailer #2
10 Chick Flick Cliches You Won't Find

*If you'd like to be added to the fan list, just ask or PM the thread starter.*

I was fortunate enough to see this today, and I really, really enjoyed it. Granted, it got a bit romcom cliched at the end, but it is a romcom, so I'll let it off the hook, lol. I teared up at a few parts though.

I loved, loved, loved Alex/Gigi and Neil/Beth - seriously, those two pairings stole my heart! Oh, and Conor/Mary were also cute.

Has anyone else seen it?

Last edited by goodbreakingbad; 01-25-2013 at 04:18 PM
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:21 AM
Addicted Fan

I saw it yesterday and loved the same pairs you did ~ they were SO cute!!!! Alex and Gigi stole my heart. And Neil and beth were love. And Connor and Mary ~ adorable!!! This move was great and I might go see it again!
I tried to climb your steps, I tried to chase you down, I tried to see how low I could down to the ground, I tried to earn my way, I tried to change this mind, you better believe that I am trying to beat this•Now and again we try to just stay alive•Two weeks and you ran away.•
LostEvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Elite Fan

the theatre was pakced here and everyone really seemed to like it! I know I did! I took loved Gigi and Alex!
KerBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

I saw this last night and absolutely adored it. My favorites were Alex & Gigi, but I also loved Neil & Beth, and Conor & Mary at the end. The crowd at my theater reacted a lot - laughing at the funny stuff, cheering (mostly for Janine). It definitely made me smile and I will buy the DVD when it comes out. I may even go back to the theater and see it again.

Jen | tumblr
dixieland_dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Elite Fan

Saw the movie last night at 9:55pm and my god the theater was packed. We had cops standing around the two ends of the theater watching everyone just in case. I imagine it's gonna be a huge opening for the movie.

Loved Gigi. She was so clueless it was rather endearing. Neil and Beth were probably my favorite couple. And I guess I was the only one rooting for Ben and Anna. Just thought they were a hot couple that had plenty of passion.

Amy was probably the most useless one to me, but I suppose Drew didn't need a big part since she's a producer for the film.

Definitely a lot more happy endings than one would expect for a film of this name, but I loved it. I'll probably buy it on DVD when it comes out over the summer.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I thought Conor/Mary were cute at the end as well. But Alex/Gigi and Neil/Beth stole the movie for me.

I couldn't believe what Ben did to Janine with Anna.

Oh, I also loved all of Mary's gay friends, they were SO adorable! I about died [and so did the entire theate], when Wilson Cruz's character said 'I just got hard.'

It was packed for me as well; I have a feeling it's gonna do pretty well at the B.O. I hope so, at least. I want it on DVD like yesterday, just so I can re-watch all the Alex/Gigi and Neil/Beth moments over and over.

I was thinking the same thing about all the happy endings there were given the title; I really liked that, actually.

In case any of you are interested, I started Alex/Gigi and Neil/Beth shipper threads on the Couples board - I just couldn't resist.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr
Henry Cavill

I won't get to see it until Wednesday..............I'm glad to hear you guys liked it.

Anjinator - Who played (the actors) the pairings you liked?
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Saw this movie last night and I absolutely loved it It was the definition of a chick flick, like literally - this defines what a chick flick is. The audience was so great, they made the movie more fun hearing everyone's reactions. Laughing, getting excited, or shocked or pissed - so great. I made a lot of weird noises during the movie

My favorite couple was Beth and Neil, seriously adored them. Ben Affleck is one of the cutest men alive so all of his scenes made me excited And he was such a sweet guy - I won't say much due to spoilers, but these two were such love. And I totally called their last scene to the nail.

Gigi and Alex were so cute aswell, their very good scenes were sooooo amazing. You guys probably know what I am talking about. I teared up during that scene. I also teared up for the majority of Neil and Beth scenes too. I just felt Gigi was soooo ....oblvious and you just wanted to tell her to the shutup. But she had such a good heart. Same with Janine, she did some crazy things in that movie but at the end of it you couldnt help but love her.

'I just got hard - one of the best lines!

And Ben was such a jackass.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma (View Post)
Anjinator - Who played (the actors) the pairings you liked?
Melinator, Alex/Gigi were played by Justin Long/Ginnifer Goodwin and Neil/Beth were played by Ben Affleck/Jennifer Aniston. Back when I was waiting to see this, I didn't think the Ben/Jen pairing was a good one; I just couldn't see those two together. But man, they proved me wrong; they were amazing in this together. Ben just steals your heart, so you can see why he stole hers.

I cried when...

Spoiler:

Last edited by goodbreakingbad; 02-07-2009 at 10:18 PM
Old 02-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr
Henry Cavill

Thanks Anjinator. I can't wait to see it!
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Anytime, Melinator. Something tells me, you'll enjoy it too. And the same two couples who seems to be stealing all our hearts will also steal yours.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Alex and Gigi totally stole my heart I just love them together. Neil and Beth were amazing too you could just see how much they loved each other

I didn't like Ben or what he did to Janine!

I agree with Anji, Mel you are going to love this film and I think you will love the two couples that we do to
Old 02-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS4dAwSoN (View Post)
Oh, I also loved all of Mary's gay friends, they were SO adorable! I about died [and so did the entire theate], when Wilson Cruz's character said 'I just got hard.'
I have loved him since "My So Called Life"! everyone in the theater lmao too! So funny!
Old 02-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Emma, I don't see how anyone couldn't love those two.

Kerry, Ricky (and Brian) were my faves in MSCL. Wilson's just such a QT.

Yeah, his line got the biggest laughs in the theater I went to as well, along with those two women talking about being dumped - they were priceless!

Last edited by goodbreakingbad; 02-08-2009 at 10:37 AM
Old 02-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Elite Fan

and is looking SO good as he gets older too!

oh yeah!

I really liked this movie more than I thought I would. And got some good tips too!
Reply   Post New Thread