Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2008, 04:27 AM
Master Fan

I think this movie is good, however I feel so disappointed at some scenes they omitted from the book. But I know it's understandable, for they can't put many stuff in the film since it's just two and half hours.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

HELLO ALL!
Today I just saw the trailer for the movie, and so far so good, right?
It looks very dark and mysterious - just like the book!
Hopefully it won't leave out as much as the Order of the Pheonix did; I went to the premiere of that in NYC with a friend of mine when it released and unfortunately, it was a real dissapointment to me.
Anyways - tell me:
Are you looking forward to seeing it?
Do you think it'll be all it's going to be cracked up to be?
Do you think it won't do the book justice?
Old 07-31-2008, 07:42 AM
Master Fan

I saw the trailer for the first time yesterday, and it made me totally excited for this film! I think it looks good, and the potential is there for it to be great, so I'm holding out hope that it will be, and that it doesn't disappoint - David Yates is directing this too, and he did the last one, which I loved, so I don't think it will. It probably won't be as good as the book, but then none of the movies are. Should still be an entertaining movie, though.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

I saw the trailer too and it looked really good.
My LJ
Old 07-31-2008, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

It looks like it's going to be a pretty good movie. Young Tom Riddle scared the crap out of me. Creepy kid
Old 07-31-2008, 03:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiluvial (View Post)
Young Tom Riddle scared the crap out of me. Creepy kid
That kid is actually Ralph Fiennes' nephew, which I think is pretty cool
Old 07-31-2008, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i can't wait for the movie!! awesome trailer!!!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 07-31-2008, 04:11 PM
Extreme Fan

I just saw the trailer today also, and it did look GOOD. I just hope it'll BE good, unlike the Order of the Phoenix. Blargh.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:47 PM
Passionate Fan

I KNOW!!

Voldemort was scary even as a child. My friends and me are such Harry Potter fans and we can't wait to see it!
Old 08-02-2008, 05:34 AM
Elite Fan

I'm very excited!
Old 08-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

it does look great. it might become my favorite in the series. Right now my movie order is:
OOTP
POA
GOF
COS
SS

With David directing it again, such a huge chance of it becoming my new favorite lol
Old 08-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Extreme Fan

My movie order is
POA
COS
PS
GOF
OOTF.

The last two movies didn't really do it for me. But the good news is, since the director is the same for HBP, it can't get any worse. I hope.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Havent seen the trailer yet bu I so wanna watch the movie and cant wait to add it to my collection!
Old 08-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
“Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” Moves to Summer 2009
BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Warner Bros. Pictures today announced that it has moved back the release date of “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” to Summer 2009. The sixth installment of the blockbuster Harry Potter franchise will now open day-and-date domestically and in the major international markets on July 17, 2009. The announcement was made by Alan Horn, President and Chief Operating Officer, Warner Bros.

In making the announcement, Mr. Horn stated, “Our reasons for shifting ‘Half-Blood Prince’ to summer are twofold: we know the summer season is an ideal window for a family tent pole release, as proven by the success of our last Harry Potter film, which is the second-highest grossing film in the franchise, behind only the first installment. Additionally, like every other studio, we are still feeling the repercussions of the writers’ strike, which impacted the readiness of scripts for other films—changing the competitive landscape for 2009 and offering new windows of opportunity that we wanted to take advantage of. We agreed the best strategy was to move ‘Half-Blood Prince’ to July, where it perfectly fills the gap for a major tent pole release for mid-summer.”

Jeff Robinov, President of Warner Bros. Motion Picture Group, confirmed, “The release date change does not alter the production schedule for this or future Harry Potter films. Post-production on ‘Half-Blood Prince’ was completed on time, and the studio’s release plans for the two-part ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows’ will not be affected by this change. We know Harry Potter fans are eagerly anticipating seeing the final chapters unfold onscreen. In fact, the good news for them is that the gap will now be shortened between ‘Half-Blood Prince’ and the first part of ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.’”

Commenting on the release date change for “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,” David Heyman, the producer of all the Harry Potter films, offered, “When Jeff Robinov explained the rationale behind moving the release date of ‘Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince’ to July 2009, it was immediately apparent that this offered us the potential to reach the widest possible audience. I am extremely proud of this latest film and of the work of David Yates and our incomparable cast; I believe we have developed and pushed the series further still. We are all looking forward to sharing it with Harry Potter fans around the world, even if we have to wait just a bit longer.”

David Yates, the director of both “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” and “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” and who will also helm “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,” added, “It has been a joy to work on ‘Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.’ Dan, Rupert and Emma and all our returning young cast continue to blossom, and our new cast members bring fresh color and life to Hogwarts. Even as we put the finishing touches on this latest film, we are already beginning preparations on the final two films—we start filming in February—and I am excited to bring this remarkable series to the exciting and moving conclusion its loyal fans deserve.”

In “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,” Voldemort is tightening his grip on both the Muggle and wizarding worlds and Hogwarts is no longer the safe haven it once was. Harry suspects that dangers may even lie within the castle, but Dumbledore is more intent upon preparing him for the final battle that he knows is fast approaching. Meanwhile, the students are under attack from a very different adversary as teenage hormones rage across the ramparts. Love is in the air, but tragedy lies ahead and Hogwarts may never be the same again.

Warner Bros. Pictures presents a Heyday Films production, “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.” David Yates, who directed last year’s summer blockbuster “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,” returns to direct “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.” David Heyman and David Barron are the producers, with Lionel Wigram serving as executive producer. Steve Kloves wrote the screenplay, based on the book by J.K. Rowling.

Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson are reprising their roles as young wizards Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. The film also stars Jim Broadbent, Helena Bonham Carter, Robbie Coltrane, Warwick Davis, Michael Gambon, Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, Timothy Spall, David Thewlis and Julie Walters. The cast also features David Bradley, Jessie Cave, Frank Dillane, Tom Felton, Matthew Lewis, Evanna Lynch, Helen McCrory, Natalia Tena, Hero Fiennes Tiffin, and Bonnie Wright.

“Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” will be released by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.
"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" Moves to Summer 2009

Sorry to bring you the bad news guys.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i was so upset to read that! but it is coming out the day before my birthday so that's something
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Closed Thread   Post New Thread