Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2004, 02:19 PM
Master Fan

Happy New Year: 2006!!!

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say what a pleasure it is moderating this board.

The posters here have a real community going, and it's fun and dynamic, and keeps me on my toes.

Plus, movies rule! So, "YAY" for everyone who loves movies!

*hugs community*

And if you're wondering if I've gone insane? Yes. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

No, really, I think there isn't enough open appreciation for people here at FF, and I just wanted to share that with all of you. Thank you.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

By the way, I'm leaving this open not because I want personal responses in return, but because if you feel similarly about this community I want to encourage you to share that with your fellow posters.

Got a favorite thread? Mention it here!

Come on...I know some of you want to...

My LJ for Movies
Old 03-25-2004, 08:13 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hmm...well I'm impartial to the movie threads that I've started, just some shameless ego-pruning on my part. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I like the Actor/Movie Association thread a lot, and also the Movie Avatars thread -- there's so much talent meandering around, and it usually manifests itself on the latter. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 08:48 PM
Elite Fan

Shr... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Thought this was a good bye thread! *breathes*

That said, I agree! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] I love this board and its posters. It's a great combo of movie magic and real people. Gotta love it! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2004, 11:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR:
<STRONG>Shr... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Thought this was a good bye thread! *breathes*</STRONG>
That was my first thought too when I saw the thread. Scared me for a second! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I love this board too. For awhile (post-Roswell) it was pretty much the only place I posted at FF. I've branched out a little bit to other boards but I still basically consider the movie board my home here.

As for favorite threads, I love the Scattergories thread and the "last movie you saw" thread. I like hearing posters thoughts on what movies they've seen recently.

So here's lots of love from me, and a hug back for shrrshrr. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

P.S. This board has the best mods too! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 03-25-2004: Message edited Jess519 ]
Old 03-26-2004, 02:07 AM
Passionate Fan

Awww. I love the 'last movies you saw thread' and I love the Asian cinema thread. I also love the threads for individual movies like 'Little Women' and 'Van Helsing'

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 09:27 AM
Total Fan

I like the Movie board, it's one of the few that I can go to without the rediculous shipper wars and the other nonsense that drives me away from most other media-based forums on FF.

The maturity and respect with Movies is a huge plus for me. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2004, 10:14 AM
Passionate Fan

AWW! I love this board !! As well as it's mods! [img]smilies/group_hug.gif[/img]

[ 03-26-2004: Message edited Dixie1903 ]
Old 03-26-2004, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

shrr, don't ever scare us like that again! [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img]

I enjoy dropping by the Movies board after I check out a movie. I enjoy reading what others have to say about it. I enjoy trying to answer the Scattergories stuff, and failing miserably. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

And of course, the Movies board is the home of the FanForum Movie Awards. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] My reason for living every year. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2004, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to scare all of you! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I think I should change the title of this thread...

And I agree - so many good threads, so many great posters. The discussions here are active and interesting, and I really do love this place.

This was the first board I went to after I left Roswell and YA, too, so I definitely feel like it's home.

As for me - I really like most of the threads, even those for movies I don't care for, just because it's interesting to get other people's views.

My LJ for Movies
Old 03-26-2004, 11:23 AM
Elite Fan

Well I just want to say that I have much love for the Movie board [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

This board is was one of the first ones that I posted on and continue still. It's basically my home [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I enjoy it here and all the posters and especially the great mods [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I love seeing all the opinions of the posters and the various interesting topics that they start.

I've met a lot of wonderful people here.

And I love all my buddies at the Empire Records thread (shameless plug [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ) I've met real great people there and I miss a lot of the people that used to post.

I love Movies! Group hug on the community! [img]smilies/group_hug.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2004, 11:28 AM
Moderator Support Team

I'm usually at OT board but I come here often too. I like the Movie Scattergories game although most of the time I could only come up with no more than 3 answers to one category. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] And I add pics to threads sometimes. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh, I should go check out Movie Avatars thread...I haven't snagged avatars in a while. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 04:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Ah, so much love on this thread. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] This board really does rock.
Quote:
Originally posted by Headhunter:
<STRONG>I like the Movie board, it's one of the few that I can go to without the rediculous shipper wars and the other nonsense that drives me away from most other media-based forums on FF.</STRONG>
Gah, I'm with you on that. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Shipper wars drive me insane.

I'd like to post more often on some of the individual actor boards, but it seems like very little discussion of the actual acting work they do is done on those boards so I tend to steer clear.

[ 03-26-2004: Message edited Jess519 ]
Old 03-28-2004, 04:46 AM
Addicted Fan

I love the 'what was the last movie that you watched' thread. I can always tell when some new film is out in the US cos there's like 30 people in a row saying the same movie [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I like also spotting someone watching a movie I know and love.
Profaine Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 06:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Profaine Angel:
<STRONG>I love the 'what was the last movie that you watched' thread. </STRONG>
So do I! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And at least I know what movies to avoid in case I had wanted to watch them but werent' sure yet.

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Princess Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread