Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2008, 06:03 AM
Loyal Fan

^ well Anthony Hopkins can't play Hannibal when he was really young!

And this thread died before the movie even came out.

But I really liked this movie. I thought that Gaspard did a great job and was able to live up to the expectations of the Hannibal that Anthony Hopkins played. And I liked the storyline and all the blood. I was really exciting. I might've liked this one better than Silence of the Lambs.

Save the Johnny Depp Board
natalie8you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:49 PM
New Fan

Sounds interesting. I didn't even know this was out yet! Would you guys recommend it?
Old 06-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Loyal Fan

I would recommend it! Especially if you liked the other Hannibal movies!

Save the Johnny Depp Board
natalie8you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Elite Fan

I just watched this today. It was better than I expected. Great performances by everyone, Dominic West was a stand out.

The movie looked beautiful, but it was gross as it was supposed to. Heh.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

I am definitely watching all of these movies for Halloween. And I can watch them in sequence!
Melissa Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:14 PM
Elite Fan

Well over the course of the past two weeks, two and a half weeks, I have rewatched all four Hannibal related movies, in sequence, even though they were made out of sequence.

This is my favorite set of movies, the stories are so intense, creepy, riveting and intriguing.

Anthony Hopkins played this role to a T!
Old 11-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Anthony Hopkins and also Jodie Foster are both actors that I respect very much for the work they've done, not only in Hannibal (Silence of the lambs), but in general.

At first I didn't like the idea of a Hannibal movie without Anthony Hopkins in it, but IMHO Gaspard Ulliel did an amazing job.
I loved Hannibal Rising, though I have to admit that I only watched it because Gong Li happens to be one of my favorite actresses.

BTW, the singing of "Ein MĂ€nnlein steht im Walde" was soooo creepy... I really liked that song as a child. Well, now I have some very creepy associations with that song
Old 11-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

I loved Hannibal Rising, Gaspard was a great choice for the role and I'm glad that they picked a somewhat unknown actor in the US to play the role.

Gaspard is a French actor mostly and is known over seas for his work.

Now I would like to see him do more english language films!

Red Dragon was superb, the eery factor was definitely present there.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:46 AM
Addicted Fan

I have seen The Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, some of Manhunter, but I haven't seen Hannibal Rising and Red Dragon. One of these days I hope so because my father told me about Hannibal Rising and he said it gave a really good background on how and why Hannibal became Hannibal.

These films are scary. Throughout all of them I find myself cringing at every scene. They are just that good.

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
AdriaMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't seen Manhunter yet actually. I need to keep an eye out for that one.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Melika (View Post)
I haven't seen Manhunter yet actually. I need to keep an eye out for that one.
I have seen Silence of the Lambs, Red Dragon and Hannibal Rising. Manhunter has been showing on Showtime, I should catch it. Isn't Red Dragon a Manhunter remake?

Hannibal Rising was so creepy!
Old 12-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not sure about Manhunter being a remake, I have no idea what Manhunter is about, only that Hannibal is in it.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Melika (View Post)
I'm not sure about Manhunter being a remake, I have no idea what Manhunter is about, only that Hannibal is in it.
Same here. I had a friend who became obsessed with Hannibal and told me that Red Drago was a Manhunter remake but I'm still not sure.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Elite Fan

I googled it and found this on Wikipedia:

Quote:
The story of Red Dragon has been filmed twice. The first film, released in 1986 under the title Manhunter, was written and directed by Michael Mann and focused on FBI Special Agent Will Graham, played by William Petersen. Lecter (renamed Lecktor) was played by Brian Cox. Manhunter is often recognized as a looser adaptation, leaving out Dolarhyde's backstory and having him die at Graham's hands during the climactic scene of the movie. Ratner's Red Dragon was more faithful to the novel in some respects. Lecter in Ratner's adaptation appears numerous times, and even the opening sequence was filmed specifically to show the audience how he got caught by Will Graham (in a version modified from the book). Red Dragon's chronology also does not match that of the novel.
The character Ralph Mandy corresponds to Ralph Dandridge in Manhunter, and a composite of Dandridge and Ralph Mandy in the novel. Also, the body of Ralph Mandy found in the burned down house in the novel is instead that of a gas station attendant with whom Dolarhyde had a previous confrontation.
At the end of the film version of Red Dragon, the family is whole and sailing together on a boat. Will reads a letter from Lecter (transcribed verbatim from the book) and throws it into the ocean in contempt. The book ends with Graham in the hospital recovering from Dolarhyde's attack. Jack Crawford intercepts the letter before Graham ever learns of its existence. He reads it and destroys it without telling Will.
I would love to see Manhunter now for William Petersen (CSI's Grissom) and Brian Cox.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

That's great information!

Wow, Manhunter does indeed have a great cast and a really good director! I want to see it now as well! Brian Cox is always a must see.