Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2007, 02:18 AM
Banned

Hannibal Lecter Series #1

It seems like people still want to make movies about Hannibal Lecter. I really liked Red Dragon. Hannibal Rising is suppose to tell us why Hannibal was driven to become a serial killer. It looks entertaining to me.
Has a prequel to a prequel ever happened. This movie shows Hannibal's younger years. It kinda reminds me of Batman Begins in a way.
Gaspard Ulliel plays Hannibal in this one. He is an unknown actor but looks very convincing as a young Hannibal. Dominic West plays the inspector in this one.
It comes out on Feb. 9th.

Last edited by Mi||iê Måë; 02-17-2015 at 04:31 PM
Jacob1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:10 AM
Extreme Fan

I know Gaspard Ulliel because I watched A Very Long Engagement and I instantly fell in love with him PLUS, I heard that the beautiful Gong Li is also in this film. I want to watch it!

Mavericks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

I've been wanting to see since i saw the trailer on tv a few weeks ago. Hannibal is jsut such a cool movie character to me
Old 01-28-2007, 11:18 PM
Elite Fan

I wasn't too excited when I first heard about the film because of the whole book being released immediately before the film... It just seemed like a money making ploy and it really bothered me. But after seeing a trailer for the film it actually looks good. The tv was on mute and so I just saw the images and I thought "wow this movie looks crazy" and of course it was Hannibal. So to conclude my pointlessness... I can't wait to see it
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
jackiehydelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Didn't this book come out in december? Damn that's fast.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:57 AM
Elite Fan

Thomas Harris wrote the book and the screenplay at the same time

OT: JediBlastoise I love your avatar. Gob is my favorite!
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
jackiehydelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 04:22 PM
New Fan

Hannibal without Anthony Hopkins
divx712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

The Hannibal Lecter Series

Welcome to the movie appreciation thread for the Hannibal Lecter Series!

Hannibal Rising

Cast:
Helena Lia Tachovska ... Mischa
Richard Leaf ... Father Lecter
Michele Wade ... Nanny
Martin Hub ... Lothar
Ingeborga Dapkunaite ... Mother Lecter
Joerg Stadler ... Berndt
Aaron Thomas ... Hannibal (8 Years)
Rhys Ifans ... Grutas
Richard Brake ... Enrikas Dortlich
Kevin McKidd ... Petras Kolnas
Stephen Walters ... Zigmas Milko
Ivan Marevich ... Bronys Grentz
Goran Kostic ... Pot Watcher
Radek Bruna ... Raido Operator
Ota Filip ... Lecter Cook
Vaclav Pacal ... German Sergeant
Seon Rogers ... Tank Commander
Jaroslav Psenicka ... Tank Crewman 1
Pavel Kratky ... Tank Crewman 2
Petr Hnetkovsky ... Tank Crewman 3
Gaspard Ulliel ... Hannibal Lecter

Plot Summary:

Mischa and Hannibal (Gaspard Ulliel), baby brother and sister, are inseparable; it is their love for each other that ties their bond. Their companionship is forever binding, until, with their family, while hiding from the Nazi war machine a twisted set of circumstance sets the pace for a most vicious attack on the future of one Hannibal Lecter for the sworn vengeance for the brutal killing of his baby sister. Years later, we find Hannibal, the teenager, setting up in Paris, and living with his aunt Lady Murasaki Shikibu (Li Gong) and studying at medical school here he finds his forte. Still searching for his sister's murderers, still bitter and still ever hopeful of satisfying his desire for retribution. This chance arrives, and soon we are to learn that for a pound of flesh lost a pound of flesh must be repaid. This is the horrific tale of justice and honour, a young mans growing pains that will have the guilty paying with more than just flesh and bone. This is the up and rising tale of the young Hannibal, prey you do not meet him, for meat you shall be to him. Taste his wroth. Written by Cinema_Fan

This is the story of the monster Hannibal Lecter's formative years. These experiences as a child and young adult led to his remarkable contribution to the fields of medicine, music, painting and forensics. We begin in World War II at the medieval castle in Lithuania built by Dr. Lecter's forebear, Hannibal the Grim. The child Hannibal survives the horrors of the Eastern Front and escapes the grim Soviet aftermath to find refuge in France with the widow of his uncle, mysterious and beautiful Japanese descended from Lady Murasaki Shikibu, author of the Tale of Genji. Her kind and wise attentions help him understand his unbearable recollections of the war. Remembering, he finds the means to visit the outlaw predators that changed him forever as they battened on helpless during the collapse of the Eastern Front. Hannibal helps these war criminals toward self-knowledge even as we see his own nature become clear to him. Written by Bloody-Disgusting.com

Based on Thomas Harris' upcoming new book of the same name, this prequel shows a young Hannibal Lecter in three different phases of his life from childhood in Lithuania to his ten years in England up to his time in Russia before his capture by FBI agent Will Graham in Red Dragon. Written by Ankofae

Red Dragon

Cast:
Anthony Hopkins ... Dr. Hannibal Lecter
Edward Norton ... Will Graham
Ralph Fiennes ... Francis Dolarhyde
Harvey Keitel ... Jack Crawford
Emily Watson ... Reba McClane
Mary-Louise Parker ... Molly Graham
Philip Seymour Hoffman ... Freddy Lounds
Anthony Heald ... Dr. Frederick Chilton
Ken Leung ... Lloyd Bowman

Plot Summary:

FBI Agent Will Graham has been called out of early retirement to catch a serial killer, known by authorities as "The Tooth Fairy". He asks for the help of his arch-nemesis, Dr. Hannibal "The Cannibal" Lecter, so that he can be able to catch "The Tooth Fairy" and bring him to justice. The only problem is that "The Tooth Fairy" is getting inside information about Graham and his family from none other than Dr. Lecter. Written by MovieWes

3 Years after retiring from the FBI because of a near-fatal encounter with Hannibal Lecter, who was helping him catch the "Chesapeake Ripper", only to reveal it was Hannibal himself, Will Graham is asked by his ex-partner Jack Crawford to come solve one last case - 2 slaughtered families every full moon. They have 3 weeks until the next full moon to find the madman, but an innocent blind woman has found him first... Will Graham must risk his family's security and his own safety to track down this one last murderer - the epitome of all evil - The Red Dragon. Written by Andrew Tenebrae {andrewtenebrae@ev1.net}

A set of grisly murders brings FBI Agent Will Graham (Norton) out of retirement and puts him in search of an atrocious killer (Fiennes) who's driven by the image of a painting. Yet his only means of survival and success are to seek the help of another madman, whom he himself captured, Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Hopkins). Marked by past scars and quickly running out of time, Graham finds himself tangled in a heap of madness, sacrificing his work, his family, and above all his own life, to put an end to pure evil. Written by Sean {sean@korn.com}

Will Graham is an FBI agent who has an ability to get into the minds of criminals. Currently he is pursuing someone who in addition to killing people is taking parts of their body. Initially it is believed that he is collecting them but Graham believes that he is actually eating them. So he goes to Dr. Hannibal Lecter, a forensic psychiatrist, whom he consults with. When Lecter leaves him for moment he discovers that Lecter is the man. Lecter then tries to kill him but Graham manages to subdue him. Both men are hospitalized and when they recover Graham testifies against Lecter and Lecter is convicted. Graham would leave the FBI. A few years later Graham is approached by his former boss who wants him to help him find this guy who kills a family every full moon. Graham who is still emotionally and psychologically scarred, reluctantly agrees. When Graham hits a wall, he goes to Lecter for help and Lecter wants to play games with him. Written by rcs0411@yahoo.com

The Silence of the Lambs

Cast:
Jodie Foster ... Clarice Starling
Anthony Hopkins ... Dr. Hannibal Lecter
Scott Glenn ... Jack Crawford
Anthony Heald ... Dr. Frederick Chilton
Ted Levine ... Jame 'Buffalo Bill' Gumb
Frankie Faison ... Barney Matthews
Kasi Lemmons ... Ardelia Mapp
Brooke Smith ... Catherine Martin
Paul Lazar ... Pilcher
Dan Butler ... Roden
Lawrence T. Wrentz ... Agent Burroughs
Don Brockett ... Friendly Psychopath in Cell
Frank Seals Jr. ... Brooding Psychopath in Cell
Stuart Rudin ... Miggs
Masha Skorobogatov ... Young Clarice Starling

Plot Summary:

Young FBI agent Clarice Starling is assigned to help find a missing woman to save her from a psychopathic serial killer who skins his victims. Clarice attempts to gain a better insight into the twisted mind of the killer by talking to another psychopath Hannibal Lecter, who used to be a respected psychiatrist. FBI agent Jack Crawford believes that Lecter who is also a very powerful and clever mind manipulator have the answers to their questions to help locate the killer. Clarice must first try and gain Lecter's confidence before he is to give away any information. Written by Sami Al-Taher {staher2000@yahoo.com}

Clarice Starling, a young intelligent FBI trainee, has been sent to the Batlimore state hospital for the Criminally insane to interview an inmate Dr. Hannibal-the cannibal- Lecter. A Brilliant renowned psychiatrist turned infamous Psychopathic Serial killer. She must match wits with Lecter -who has the darkest of all minds- and trust him to give her clues in the search for "Buffalo Bill". a nick name for a loose,unknown, unstoppable Pyschopathic Serial killer... Written by Sam Krainak

A psychopath known as Buffalo Bill is kidnapping and murdering young women across the midwest. Believing it takes one to know one, the F.B.I. sends Agent Clarice Starling (Foster) to interview a demented prisoner who may provide psychological insight and clues to the killer's actions. The prisoner is psychiatrist, Dr. Hannibal Lector (Hopkins), a brilliant, murderous cannibal who will only help Starling if she feeds his morbid curiosity with details about her own complicated life. This twisted relationship forces Starling not only to confront her psychological demons, but leads her to face with a demented, heinous killer, an incarceration of evil so powerful, that she may not have the courage -- or strength -- to stop him! Written by Robert Lynch {docrlynch@yahoo.com}

Hannibal

Cast:
Anthony Hopkins ... Hannibal Lecter
Julianne Moore ... Clarice Starling
Gary Oldman ... Mason Verger
Ray Liotta ... Paul Krendler
Frankie Faison ... Barney (as Frankie R. Faison)
Giancarlo Giannini ... Pazzi
Francesca Neri ... Allegra Pazzi
Zeljko Ivanek ... Dr. Cordell Doemling
Hazelle Goodman ... Evelda Drumgo
David Andrews ... FBI Agent Pearsall
Francis Guinan ... FBI Director Noonan
James Opher ... DEA Agent Eldridge
Enrico Lo Verso ... Gnocco
Ivano Marescotti ... Carlo
Fabrizio Gifuni ... Matteo

Plot Summary:

Having escaped the asylum in "Silence of the Lambs," Dr Lecter goes into hiding in Florence, Italy. Back in America, Mason Verger, an old victim of the doctor's, seeks revenge. Disfigured and confined to a life-support system, he plans to draw Lecter out of his hiding place, using the one thing he truly cares for: Clarice Starling. Written by Anonymous

After having successfully eluded the authorities for years, Hannibal peacefully lives in Italy in disguise as an art scholar. Trouble strikes again when he is discovered leaving a deserving few dead in the process. He returns back to his homeland of America to once again make contact with now disgraced Agent Clarice Starling who is suffering the wrath of a malicious FBI official/rival as well as the media. Meanwhile, Hannibal must survive the advances by a disfigured and vengeful victim he first came in contact with years ago as a patient. He finds himself being tracked down not only by his wealthy victim and his henchmen but also by Agent Starling and the American authorities. Written by MonkeyKingMA

Last edited by M.I.S.S.Y; 03-05-2007 at 01:13 PM
M.I.S.S.Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

I adore the Hannibal movies, but I'm not so sure about the newest prequel. Haven't seen it yet..and I'm still not sure if I will. I'm afraid that if I <i>do</i> watch it and hate it, it might ruin the other films for me.

Icon by BlackWhiteRose
modern_audrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

I saw Hannibal Rising in theatres and I loved it! It was a great story!
M.I.S.S.Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

I just love the Hannibal Lecter movies!

Bella ♥ Edward/Erik ♥ Christine/
Blair ♥ Chuck/Jackie ♥ Hyde/
xMrsJackieHyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Loyal Fan

I've seen all of them except for Red Dragon. I love the series so much, I'm a big fan of horror and thrillers. My favorite was Silence of the Lambs, although I also really like Hannibal Rising. Anthony Hopkins is terrific and so convincing, and I thought that Gaspard Ulliel did a great job as a younger Hannibal, especially since he had a lot of live up to.

Save the Johnny Depp Board
natalie8you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

^^ I agree.

I just finished watching Hannibal Rising last night for the trillionth time and I swear the detail of that movie and the characters, it almost seems like it could have been based on real events.
Melissa Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

i've seen all of the hannibal-related movies. i just recently bought the dvd version of silence... still looking for the other 2...

thanks for starting this thread... i'm Kara
Old 05-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

Hi Kara!

I'm Melika or Ms. M

I love the Hannibal character, the movies are so intense. I could never get tired of them.
Melissa Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread