Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2005, 07:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Guess Who (2005) #1

I was just wondering what is everyone's opinion of this movie? DO you think it will be good? Is anyone gonna go see it? I also would like your "why's" or "Why Nots" I am asking for a personal reason so please reply!!!

Lashai

"I love you, ya know"

"What sup fool?"-Seth Cohen
magnis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Master Fan

Is this the reverse remake of Guess Who's Coming To Dinner, with that Ashton kid?

The ads are amusing, which is fun - seems like they're treating the topic in a much more light-hearted way than the original film. Might help improve it.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

Ok I saw this movie today and I htought it was really good and funny! Ashton did a great job in the role and Bernie was funny as always

Makes me want someone like Ashtons character...
attract your dreams ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 09:19 PM
Loyal Fan

I saw this movie yesterday and I really liked it. Ashton's and Bernie's chemistry was amazing. They were hilarious. And there is a really funny scene at the dinner table. I saw it with my mom and we were like in tears we were laughing so hard! Some of it lacks, but I definetely recommend it.
cutiepie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 09:40 PM
Passionate Fan

It is a pretty good movie. Worth seeing right now, as there is nothing else out...there are some really funny parts...it gets kind of boring in a few spots, but overall, a decent movie, I still like "Just Married" better...and Ashtons new movie with AManda Peet looks good
Old 03-26-2005, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

I just got back from seeing the movie with my boyfriend and we both came back with the same opinions on the movie.

The first opinion was that even though it wasn't the best movie either one of us had ever seen, it was still not the worst movie. There were a couple of scenes that made us laugh--which ones, I'm too tired to remember. Some other parts in the movie we both knew how they were going to end. (For example, when they were at the table and Simon was telling racist jokes we knew his last joke would be one that just went too far.) Other then that, there wasn't a lot to complain about.

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Age-a-licious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 10:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanx so much for the feedback guys!!!

Old 03-30-2005, 07:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

I saw it last night and let me just say... I loved it. I thought it was so hilarious. There wasnt a point that was boring to me!!! Can't wait for the dvd.

"I love u , ya know"

Old 08-06-2005, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

I saw this movie last night. I will just say it's cute. Not good or bad, just cute.

Ashton Kutcher would seem like the perfect guy for the role, being a rising "star" ("Simon is a rising star") and all, and while he did well I kept thinking the movie needed:

A- a stronger actor to play Simon Green, someone like a Scott Speedman or a Josh Hartnett.

B- ditch the crying and made up drama and head for the full time comedy. A Jason Biggs could've done the job, or a younger Owen Wilson.

I mean, the movie is a "comedy" but then again it isn't.

BTW, I HATED the last 5 minutes of the movie. Far fetched and needlessly cheesy. "Cue in the magic", gag me.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:52 PM
New Fan

It was better than the average ashton movie.
naf murof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 09:50 AM
Passionate Fan

I loved this Movie! I bought it on DVD when it first came out on the 2nd. I think Bernie Mac and Ashton are so good together as both comedic actors and Ashton and Zoe are soo funny. I really enjoyed this movie.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Master Fan

I thought this movie was completly outdated. They didn't even really ever get to the issue at hand. They just danced around it.

It was sappy which could have been ok but they did it wrong.

Arn't Zoe and Ashton supposed to be in love in the movie? I think they tried pretty hard to show as little of that as possible.

I also thought it was prej.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

I saw the movie last week and I loved it!
StarFan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I recently watched my DVD of this, and I love it! The ending was totally cheesy, but that kiss Simon gives Theresa at the end is such a great one!
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:23 PM
New Fan

This movie had its moments in the beginning that where funny. But the movie just dragged towards the end to the point I just turned it off because I was falling asleep.
iblazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top