Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2013, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gravity (2013)

since this movie is breaking recoreds atthe box office time to have a thread to chat aobut this very good movie

PLOT

Director Alfonso Cuaron's Gravity stars Sandra Bullock as Dr. Ryan Stone, a scientist on a space shuttle mission headed by astronaut Matt Kowalsky (George Clooney), a talkative, charismatic leader full of colorful stories that he shares with his crewmates as well as mission control. As the two are on a space walk, debris hits the area where they are working, and soon the pair finds themselves detached from their ship and stranded in space. While figuring out what steps they can take to save themselves, Stone grapples with a painful past that makes her consider giving up altogether.

Gravity is a 2013 3D science fiction thriller and space drama film directed, co-written, co-produced and co-edited by Alfonso Cuarón. The film stars Sandra Bullock and George Clooney as surviving astronauts from a damaged Space Shuttle mission, as they attempt to return to Earth.

Cuarón wrote the screenplay with his son Jonás and attempted to develop the project at Universal Studios. After the rights to the project were sold, the project found traction at Warner Bros. instead. The studio approached multiple actresses before casting Bullock in the female lead role. Robert Downey Jr. was also involved as the male lead before leaving the project and being replaced by Clooney.

Gravity opened at the 70th Venice International Film Festival in August 2013. Its North American premiere was three days later at the Telluride Film Festival. It received a wide release in the United States and Canada on October 4, 2013. Reactions from critics and audiences alike have been overwhelmingly positive, both sides giving much praise for Emmanuel Lubezki's cinematography.

Cureent box office as of 10/22

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $169,563,291 59.8%
+ Foreign: $114,200,000 40.2%
= Worldwide: $283,763,291
Old 10-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for starting this thread.

Such a good film. Sandra Bullock deserves to be nominated for all the awards. So does the film especially for visual effects.
*OldHollywoodStarlet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Saw this last Friday at extra large I max theater, i was a little dizzy watching her turn over and over . The special effects to make this was off the charts .. doing a movie with two actors then one main actor for most of the movie was not easy to pull off ..

Sandra and George did a very good job as far a really making us feel like they were in space

Last edited by Logan; 10-31-2013 at 08:59 PM
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Breathtaking film! I got dizzy a little in the theatre but Sandra was incredible. She needs an award for this!!
michelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:21 PM
Total Fan

I had been waiting to see this movie for 3 years after first hearing about it and finally got to see it last week. It didn't disappoint. The 3D effects were incredible and the movie was really tense. I loved it. Sandra was so great in the movie. I'm looking forward to getting the DVD/Blu-Ray when it comes out. I'd go see it a 2nd time if it wasn't so expensive.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes buy the time it comes ,say next year . I will have goten newer bigger Hd TV ..

I was looking at the cast, the voices we heard . The main voice misson contral was Ed Harris, who did Apollo 13 (1995) .

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $179,514,361 61.1%
+ Foreign: $114,200,000 38.9%
= Worldwide: $293,714,361
Added another 10 million in 4 days !
Old 10-27-2013, 05:39 PM
Loyal Fan

It is absolutely phenomenal. I really loved every moment of it and I usually don't like Cuarón's films. The awards legitimately needs to rain all over it because it is that good. I just watched it today and I'm literally not over it yet, I'm still very high on the experience
Old 10-27-2013, 10:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

I've seen it twice in theatres: once in 2D and once in 3D. I highly recommend the 3D experience - I'm not normally a fan of 3D films but the technology in this one is incredible. It really is a must-see cinematic experience.
Ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Loyal Fan

I definitely agree about the 3D. I usually loathe it, but Gravity is one of the few films on which it actually works. I'll even go as far as saying that it should be seen in 3D to improve the filmic experience. I'm still completely over the moon re. this film (no pun intended)
Old 10-31-2013, 02:11 PM
Elite Fan

I'm so behind! I haven't been able to see it, but my cousin saw it and loved it. He even volunteered to go again if I had time to see it. Well, I'm out to avoid spoilers.
ROCKSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Master Fan

Loved this movie. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I too normally hate 3d but this movie made the case for 3D movies.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:52 PM
Elite Fan

Kinda upset I missed this in 3D, but it was still breathtaking on my TV. Wow. Somehow I avoided several panic attacks during the course of the movie. Heh.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Elite Fan

Was meant to watch it at the cinema when it was showing but I was ill 😢Always like to see movies at the cinema first..
I am going to buy it on DVD though. I love Sandra Bullock
BlackSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:04 PM
Elite Fan

Same here!

Her performance was incredible!
Old 07-29-2014, 09:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Sandra was incredible in this film. I loved the special effects and I even bought the soundtrack.
Jazmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread