Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

The Golden Compass (2007) #1

A teaser trailer jsut got released on yahoo. I love this book series so I hope the movie is good. The casting is great. I hope this movie becomes like "Narnia" and "Harry Potter" at the B.O.
here's that trailer:
THE GOLDEN COMPASS on Yahoo! Movies

Last edited by WildAtHeart; 05-21-2007 at 10:06 PM
WildAtHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:50 AM
Master Fan

Yay!

I have loved the series for years now and every time I saw a book series being made into a movie I would tell everyone 'You know what would make a great movie? Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials'. And in January I heard it would be turned into a movie, but now, seeing the poster and everything, I'm so excited I can't wait, seriously, I don't usually like these big-budget fantasy adaptations (didn't like Narnia), but this looks incredible.

To everyone who hasn't yet read the series, DO SO NOW. You won't regret it.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so looking forward to this! I absolutely love His Dark Materials so I hope the movies do the books justice but from what I've seen so far it looks great!

Kat | icon |
silver lining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

I don't know. I didn't like the remake of Narnia (granted, I didn't like the book either), but Lord of the Rings has made me believe that translating book to screen can be done well I don't know, the books are so good so it's a hard act to follow. But it looks good, yeah.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

i'm still adjusting to the kids..lol i know the books established the kids' ages..but when i read the books, the picture i had in my head was that they were older lol
Old 06-06-2007, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Gwen, I didn't like the Narnia adaptation at all. But LOTR was so good so hopefully this will follow in that tradition.

I know what you mean about the kid's ages. With Lyra especially I think I imagine her as older than she should be.

What do you guys think of the casting? And should Nicole have dyed her hair?

Kat | icon |
silver lining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:31 AM
Master Fan

I am so excited for this movie...I LOVED the series. Definately have to read it again in time for the movie!

Im not too sure about Nicole Kidman...but damn, Daniel Craig will make up for it. I love him

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
♦
BrokenButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:15 AM
Master Fan

Kat! I'm not the only one! Most people loved the adaptation of Narnia, so yes.

Well Lyra doesn't look too young to me, but she looks too clean. I always imagined her as a thin, grubby kid - Dakota Richards looks too clean and cute Nicole Kidman looks alright, Daniel Craig I don't know. I like him well enough, but he just seems odd. Eva Green as Serafina Pekkala looks okay, though. It's hard to say because I never really imagined how they'd look like when I read the series.

The first time I saw the cast photos, I thought to msyelf, 'Where's Will?' before I realised this is the first one and therefore has no Will yet
Old 06-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

Jason Issacs would have been good in the role too.

I always pictured Lyra as a dirty little kid with no regard for her appearance. I wondered about Will too, for a minute there I love Will.

I hope they dont screw up the story...Narnia might not have been perfect but it was a million times better than Eragon. That was dreadful...oh god I hope they dont ruin it.

♦
Old 10-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey, have you guys seen the extended, final trailer? OMG it's pretty much the best trailer I have ever seen. No kidding, it's AMAZING and I cannot cannot cannot wait!! Here you go, definitely check it out and share it! ?nod:

YouTube - His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass - Official Trailer

michael/isabel
downinnewyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Great trailer!

btw, everyone on the official movie site, you can take a short quiz and they give you a daemon that fits your personality. i got a tiger :-D
Old 10-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm excited about this movie, not only do I love Daniel Craig but I like to watch these type of fantasy movies. The trailer seems like the movie will be really good.
Ships: Dylan/Kelly, Spike/Buffy, Angel/Buffy, Damon/Elena, Cullen/Lily, James Bond/Vesper Lynd, Captain Hook/Emma Swan, Tony Stark/Pepper Potts, Dante/Lulu, Danny/Michelle, Tony/Marah, Sonny/Claudia, Danny/Samantha, Tyler/Caroline, Tuck/Lauren, Rafe/Sami, Batman/Catwoman
DefLeppardFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Master Fan

Ohhh I love these kind of movies I can't wait until this one comes out. I wanna read the book before though..
Bella Grint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAtHeart (View Post)
Great trailer!

btw, everyone on the official movie site, you can take a short quiz and they give you a daemon that fits your personality. i got a tiger :-D
ooh...I gota fox named Aenad..

♦
Old 11-02-2007, 07:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Mine was a SPIDER, ugh. I can't remember its name because I took that quiz awhile ago. Did you guys see that there are new character posters? Here's a link:

La Boussole d'Or, toutes les bannières de personnages ! - Elbakin.net

Quote:
Ohhh I love these kind of movies I can't wait until this one comes out. I wanna read the book before though..
HEY YOU! Definitely read the books, especially the first -- they are amazing, extremely creative and surprising and emotional. They're my FAVOURITE!

michael/isabel
downinnewyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread