Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2006, 09:46 AM
New Fan

Ghost Rider (2007) #1

When I went to see X-MEN the Last Stand, I saw this trailer for an upcoming Marvel superhero film called Ghost Rider starring Nicholas Cage as Johnny Blaze. The trailer looks pretty cool with awesome special effects. This flim will be released in February 2007, but I understand that this superhero film was supposed to be released in spring/summer 2006, but delayed twice until 2007. From what I heard the film was sheleved twice because they wanted to improve the special effects and the marketing campaign.

Usually when a film is shelved for a while it means that the flick will bomb at the box office. Doesn't it?

I hope this Marvel comic book flick does well despite being put on the shelf for a year and despite other superhero flops like Elecktra, Catwoman, The Hulk, The Punisher and Blade Trinity.

Anyway, I like superhero films and I can't wait to see it.
RedHero7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

Wow... It can't be that bad, heh? Nah, I've never heard of this before. Kinda curious about it now.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

Not always - sometimes they're shelved because of creative disputes that leave the film technically unfinished.

Now I want to see it - I like a little controversy.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

TRAILER

This film is being directed by Mark Steve Johnson ("Dare Devil") which many comic fans are up in arms about... At least, the really geeky ones because the reason Johnson was able to get this project was based on positive response of the DD Director's Cut DVD (say that five times fast!) which showcased his true version of what DD was supposed to be like before the studio execs got their grubby hands on it and chopped the film intoanother mindless action flick. In other words, Johnson has a passion for comic books and this film should be all right as long as the studios don't hack it up like they did with DD.

The GR comic book story(ies) are basically R-Rated, but this film is confirmed a PG-13 because this is how the production approached the material... And it won't be as bad as you think this time considering there really isn't that much "graphic" violence given it is a horror-fantasy superhero movie like "Spawn".

A little background on "Ghost Rider":

-There are three "Ghost Rider" stories.

A) Phantom Rider is a horse riding hero from the old west that used to be called GR. It has nothig to do with this film or the next two GR stories.

B) Ghost Rider -- The one Nick Cage plays -- Is the Johnny Blaze story and no doubt the better choice for movie adapatation because of the internal conflict Blaze has to deal with by making a deal with the Devil to save the one he loves.

C) Daniel Ketch Ghost Rider. Daniel is Johnny Blaze's long-lost brother who is also a GR who Johnny Blaze fights alongside once he (Blaze) is freed from the GR curse. However, JB can still use Hellfire power in human form which is why he can fight alongside his brother.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I never heard of this comic book before, Im going to check out the trailer now.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:38 PM
New Fan

I wonder, Did the creators/director made the right choice in choosing Nicolas Cage for Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider?

I mean I see other actors can play the main character Johnny Blaze like Orlando Bloom, Josh Hartnett, Joaquin Phoenix or even Colin Farrell.

Anybody sees Nicolas Cage as Ghost Rider?
RedHero7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow the website for the trailer looks pretty cool with the flaming skull and half of Nicholas Cage's face. The trailer looked good to.

I can see Nicholas as Johnny. But thats just me.
My LJ
Old 07-06-2006, 09:05 PM
Elite Fan

Haha, yeah I saw the trailer for this before 'The Last Stand' too. I've heard of people who have seen the movie 3 or 4 times in hopes of watching the 'Ghost Rider' trailer even though they hated the X-Men movie.
BabyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think this picture looks cool looking

My LJ
Old 07-07-2006, 01:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for the pic.

The movie looks pretty cool

I don't think Nic's a bad choice.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Jay
Master Fan

still don't like Nic playing GR....but the special effects looks cool though.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:46 AM
Elite Fan

I'm of those people that would pay to see Nic Cage playing a brick. I (finally!) saw the trailers for this and all I can say is: BRING IT ON! Looks awesome!
Old 06-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Elite Fan

So much for my excitement back then. I watched the movie weeks ago and it sucked. I wanted to like it but no way.

I will say that Nic Cage was still awesome. Such a good actor.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:52 AM
Loyal Fan

I thought it was okay. Not a quality movie or anything. My dad really liked it though.

Save the Johnny Depp Board
natalie8you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:33 PM
Master Fan

LightYears is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread