Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2019, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettie Mae Page (View Post)
I also think the media takes part of a full comment and tends to imply more than what it could be, I think her point was that it was a film about women, made my a woman but for all to enjoy, and it does feel like films made by women tend to get harsher critiques than men.
Perhaps, but she stated it as a fact that men don't appreciate female lead roles, which I think is too judgmental and also doesn't take into account that women have different tastes, too.

I think the ultimate truth is that all of these remakes are such a tired concept and people are getting bored of seeing the same thing recycled with different casts.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-27-2019, 09:15 PM
New Fan

Does anyone want to write either a continuation of the DCEU or a reboot of some kind?

Does anyone want to write either a continuation of the DCEU or just a complete Reboot? I have been wanting to do this for a long time but can't get myself to actually do it myself, so I need some help. It can be one person or five people or as many people that want to help out.
We'll only be doing this for fun and/or for the writing experience. Why I'm doing this is because... well... I guess I just don't have much going on.

I've been on a couple of discord servers trying to find someone but they all are inactive.

I'm no comic book "nerd" but recently I've been trying to catch up on the most "important" ones. So if you want to keep it as close to the comics as possible, that's fine, I'm trying to read as much as possible. If you're just a guy that likes to watch movies and wants to try this out, then that's fine too. Literally anyone can join.

Last edited by thedarkerarcher; 12-30-2019 at 03:34 PM
Old 12-29-2019, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-29-2019, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkerarcher (View Post)
Does anyone want to write either a continuation of the DCEU or just a complete Reboot? I have been wanting to do this for a long time but can't get myself to actually do it myself, so I need some help. It can be one person or five people or as many people that want to help out.
We'll only be doing this for fun and/or for the writing experience. Why I'm doing this is because... well... I guess I just don't have much going on.

I've been on a couple of discord servers trying to find someone but they all are inactive.

I'm no comic book "nerd" but recently I've been trying to catch up on the most "important" ones. So if you want to keep it as close to the comics as possible, that's fine, I'm trying to read as much as possible. If you're just a guy that likes to watch movies and wants to try this out, then that's fine too. Literally anyone can join. So, uh... just let me know in the comments if you want to join. Or just DM me, I don't really care.
Hi thedarkerarcher

To avoid unnecessary open threads and so that your post gets more attention, I'm going to merge it with our general discussions thread.

Hopefully you will get a response you hope for in this thread Thanks for posting on our board.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-30-2019, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Interesting article focusing primarily on STAR WARS but speaking in general too:

-- I'm guessing most people agree with this?

Although judging by overall audience reactions to THE LAST JEDI by Rian Johnson, there are many people who hate it when new writers/directors try to take franchises in different directions.

I guess it's the ultimate reminder that you can never please everyone - so just try to make the best movie you can
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-02-2020, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

The challenge of making video games into movies, aka why it's a pointless task and video games should just remain video games:

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-02-2020, 07:04 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

It's a shame video game films are so cursed. I do like a few though like Mortal Kombat, The two Tomb Raider films with Angelina Jolie, and I even like the last Tomb Raider film they just released. I also did like the Resident Evil films but after seeing walkthroughs of all the RE games (I admit I saw the films before getting into the games) I can understand why people don't like them, and I don't get why they made a new character with Alice to lead the series when they could of just had it be Jill instead.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

it was great to see 2 Asians winning awards at the Golden Globes last night as an Asian American

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 01-09-2020 at 11:42 PM
Old 01-07-2020, 12:16 AM
I am a basketball genius!

I don't mind watching video game based films. I think their should be more people making them instead v1 person making a large percentage of them. Unsure what people generally want to see in video game based films as well.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:42 PM
Master Fan

I love the Resident Evil films, but I think a lot of people expect a movie to be a clone of the game/book etc it's based on, but it's a likeness not an exact copy and that's where peoples expectations fall short.
Old 01-18-2020, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

People made good points about why Assassin's Creed didn't really work as a movie.

The best thing about it was the lead performances by Fassbender, Cotillard and Irons.

But they weren't enough. The scope of video gameplay is way too long and too ambitious to fit into a 2 hour movie. Gameplay allows for pauses and various levels and character development. Movies don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
it was great to see 2 Asians winning awards at the Golden Globes last night as an Asian American
I have mixed feelings on what he said in his winning speech about subtitles.

As someone who enjoys watching subtitled films and is happy to read them as well as pay attention to the movie, I get what he's saying. There definitely is a laziness aspect in some people's choice to complain about subtitles.

On the other hand, I have several family members with poor eye vision who cannot follow subtitles and that's why they don't watch international films which rely on them. Not everyone is in fit health to follow words on screen as the movie unfolds at the same time.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-18-2020, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

personally for my mom she likes to watch movies in general with subtitles because her hearing isn’t what it used to be

it’s different for everybody

but I think what he meant is that if we don’t allow our minds to be locked in by subtitles we can be exposed to so many more films if I’m making any sense?
Old 02-02-2020, 02:43 PM
Master Fan

^^ That makes sense.

I enjoy foreign films and subtitles and sometimes I'll watch a film more than once in case I feel I did miss something because I was reading!
Old 02-02-2020, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

watched an interesting documentary last night about movies made in San Francisco
Old 02-02-2020, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

What did it talk about? The areas or the conditions?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread