New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2019, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettie Mae Page (View Post)
Any recommendations for movie watches? Preferably something more accessible like Netflix or Amazon Prime!

I love horror, crime/drama/mystery/thriller
That's like most of the genre's in movies. Well, since it's just about time for Halloween, I have been watching some Horror films lately. I saw the new ''Child's Play'' & ''Pet Semetary'' remakes, along with ''The Prodigy''. I recommend watching ''Pet Semetary'' of those 3. I am going to watch ''Us'' tonight, which is another Jordan Peele film. Now if you're a fan of older Horror films, then maybe something with Boris Karloff is a good idea, such as ''The Mummy'' if you can find it. Good luck!
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 03:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

I was not happy with the Pet Cemetery remake.

I watched the Underworld series, love those films!
Bettie Mae Page is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

Why didn't you enjoy it? The acting was fine I thought & the characters mostly were relatable.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:47 PM
Wish Upon A Lucky Star

Quote:
I watched the Underworld series, love those films!
I liked the first one but I think they should have kept Michael Sheen's character alive for the sequel. That was by far the best role I've seen him in and he was the most sympathetic character in the first movie.

I didn't really care for the Selene / Michael love story so I think that's why the sequel wasn't all that interesting to me.
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Why didn't you enjoy it? The acting was fine I thought & the characters mostly were relatable.
I didn't like how they changed which child died, it ruined it for me. I get its a remake and artistic license etc, but that was a huge thing to change in my opinion.
Old 10-29-2019, 02:12 AM
Master Fan

That was an interesting change, I was surprised the older sister died and not the little boy.
Butterfly85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 12:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah I wasn't fond of that.

I thought John Lithgow was brilliant though.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

I saw Motherless Brooklynn on Sunday afternoon.

Written, Directed and starring Edward Norton. What a fantastic film, definitely recommend it.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

So many Christmas movies on TV lately, like Hallmark style, anyone seen any and have any favourites?
Old 11-19-2019, 11:29 PM
Master Fan

Too many to be honest. I'm already sick of Christmas and it's not even December yet. People don't seem to give a damn about Thanksgiving anymore, as soon as Halloween ended it's become nonstop, obnoxious Christmas overload.
Old 11-19-2019, 11:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well our Thanksgiving is in October, so for me it is like that. But for US it should be more Thanksgiving prominent first.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:50 AM
Wish Upon A Lucky Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Too many to be honest. I'm already sick of Christmas and it's not even December yet. People don't seem to give a damn about Thanksgiving anymore, as soon as Halloween ended it's become nonstop, obnoxious Christmas overload.
The only good thing about Christmas is knowing that NATIONAL LAMPOON'S CHRISTMAS VACATION will air (I just saw it on Sunday )

Otherwise, it is celebrated too early and for all the wrong reasons.

Elizabeth Banks is furious because her CHARLIE'S ANGELS version has basically flopped at the Box Office and is typically blaming men for this:

All I can say in response to her pathetic tantrums is that I agree with this person's tweet:

Old 11-20-2019, 03:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Just because a movie flops at the box office thought doesn't mean it's not a good film. I still plan to see it when it's out on digital release.

I like to decide for myself if I like a film, not critics.
Old 11-30-2019, 02:16 PM
Wish Upon A Lucky Star

Quote:
Just because a movie flops at the box office thought doesn't mean it's not a good film. I still plan to see it when it's out on digital release.

I like to decide for myself if I like a film, not critics.
Absolutely fair enough

Good for you for not being swayed by numbers or critics.

I just wish the director of the movie wasn't so uptight in her response to the box office. It comes across as childish and she has a typical attitude of -blame men for not liking movies which focus on women-

I'm really not into remakes, but I adored the Drew Barrymore version - which was a remake of the Farrah Fawcett TV show. So the 2000 movie is living proof to me that you can make something fresh and it can be good.

I saw the trailer for the Kristen Stewart one... I wasn't really into it, unfortunately.
Old 11-30-2019, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

I loved the last two Charlie's Angels films, I even loved that very short lived ABC show back in 2011.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top