Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2004, 09:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Garden State

Hopefully I'm not the only one who's hyped about this movie around here. I instantly fell in love when I saw the trailer. It stars Scrubs' Zach Braff and Star Wars' Natalie Portman. They use The Postal Service in the trailer!!!

formerly entitled, large's ark. this ensemble
dramatic film, is the story of a young man who
returns back home for his mother's funeral after
being estranged from his family for a decade.

Further info here
How it keeps on despite you and it frightens you
Cause you’re barely alive
- rilo kiley
Messed Up Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 09:54 PM
Loyal Fan

I adore Zach Braff and I am stoked to see this since he wrote and directed it. When does it come out?
Old 05-29-2004, 11:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

It comes out July.

I love the trailers to this film. First the teaser because it has the Frou Frou song in the background which I adore, and the second full trailer, not only because it's funny but because it features a Travis song! Zach Braff has wonderful taste in music.

trailer
RoswellAngel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 04:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

i saw the trailer a few months ago in an "art house" theater....which probably means a very limited release....fortunately i live in an area with an abundance of such theaters.....it's defintely the type of film that i have an interest in....

synopsis.........and trailer below......

When Andrew Largeman (Zach Braff) returns to his hometown for his mother’s funeral, he reconnects with old friends and - since he’s gone off his depression medication - himself. A chance meeting with Sam (Natalie Portman), who also suffering from various maladies, opens his world to the possibility of rekindling emotional attachments, confronting his psychologist father, and perhaps beginning a new life.

visit the garden state

mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 07:22 AM
Passionate Fan

I haven't heard the trailer with the Postal Service yet! I love the one with the Frou Frou song, because they're one of my favorite bands. I've heard so many good things about this film and just by the trailer, it looks great.
konstantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 02:23 PM
Addicted Fan

So that song is by Frou Frou. I'll have to remember that. I saw the trailer twice, each time I saw Eternal Sunshine, and loved it. (And loved the song, and had no idea until now who it was by.) I really really want to see this movie. I hope it's released near me, even though there are 4 or 5 movie theaters w/in about 45 mins of my house indie movies can be hard to find.

icon credit
alli balli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 02:37 PM
Master Fan

Dear Lord, the second trailer's out and I haven't seen it yet? I'm going to do that right now. Also, this is the movie more than any other (besides HP, I guess) that I'm looking forward to this summer. I don't know anyone who saw the Frou Frou trailer and didn't fall in love with it. Looks beautiful.
T O B Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The trailer I saw was amazing. I just don't know which one it would be. I should check both out to figure it out.

I think Natalie and Zach are terrific. It should be a good movie.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

I keep watching the trailer over and over again. I'm obsessed!

What's the name of the Postal Service song?
RoswellAngel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 10:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

the poster....

notice the wording....select theaters..........thank god for "art house" theaters..........

mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 07:43 AM
Loyal Fan

The poster is awesome! I love it!
I'm really excited about this film ... I actually heard about it the first time from one of Mukooh's posts on the Summer thread. It sounds great and what a cast!
summerbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 06:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

The trailer was awsome I kept watching it over and over agian I can't wait to see it !
LUCIUS: "Why can you not stop saying what is in yours? Why must you lead, when I want to lead? If I want to dance I will ask you to dance. If I want to speak I will open my mouth and speak. Everyone is forever plaguing me to speak further. Why? What good is it to tell you you are in my every thought from the time I wake? What good can come from my saying that I sometimes cannot think clearly or do my work properly? What gain can rise of my telling you the only time I feel fear as others do is when I think of you in harm? That is why I am on this porch, Ivy Walker. I fear for your safety before all others. And yes, I will dance with you on our wedding night."
Telli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

My sister made me watch the trailer on her computer. It sounds pretty good. I love Natalie Portman.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 01:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

I saw the new trailer for this movie last week and I was really excited. I love Zach Braff on Scrubs and when I saw that he had written and directed it I was really interested. I like the music in the trailer, but what I like most is how visually appealing it is. I especially like the parts where he's wearing the shirt that matches the wallpaper and when he's in his car looks back and sees he left the gas thing in his car.

I can't wait for this movie to come out.
Or it might not be anything you need to worry about
But if your still in doubt
Go knock yourself out
That Zeppo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 01:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Eee! I can't wait for this movie. I'm honestly addicted to the Frou Frou trailer.

I don't know if there are any "art house" theaters in my area though. Not that I know of at least. There's one across the street from my college but nooo. The movie had to come out in the summer.
Reply   Post New Thread