Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2006, 09:38 AM
Addicted Fan

Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) #1 - Life moves pretty fast.

I just realized there isn't a thread for Ferris Bueller's Day Off! I know it's pretty old, but it's a classic movie.
And it's also an amazing film, so I decided to create this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDB.com
Ferris is a street-wise kid who knows all the tricks. Today he decides to take the day off school. When Ferris takes the day off, so must his best friends, Cameron and Sloane. Cameron is reluctantly persuaded to borrow his father's Ferrari, and together they hatch a plan to get Sloane out of class. Suspicious dean of students Ed Rooney knows all about Ferris, but can never catch him. Ferris' sister Jeanie is also frustrated that Ferris always gets away with his tricks and she doesn't. Furthermore, Ferris is an 'angel' in his parents eyes. It's Ferris' day off, he's out to enjoy himself, and he does!.
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)

So... does anybody else love this movie?

(x)
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 04-28-2021 at 01:45 AM
-Supersonic- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

Sadly, I was just on the other side of too old for this film - too long out of highschool. Had I been a year or two younger I'm sure I would have loved it as much as everyone else, but it just never did anything for me (as opposed to Fast Times at Ridgemont High, which was much more my generation).

Still, it's entertaining and there's no question it's a classic. Thanks for the thread!

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I absolutely love this movie. It's definately one of my top ten!
that's a bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by little miss greg sanders. (View Post)
I absolutely love this movie. It's definately one of my top ten!
Yeh, one of my top ten too
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
Old 09-16-2006, 07:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

I love Ferris Bueller! I'm suprised this is the first thread for it, it's such a classic teen movie. And who could forget that famous quote, 'life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.'

XxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:33 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDreamer (View Post)
I love Ferris Bueller! I'm suprised this is the first thread for it, it's such a classic teen movie. And who could forget that famous quote, 'life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.'

Yeh, that quote is amazing!
And I was surprised there wasn't a thread for FBDO yet too.

Btw guys, what's your favorite scene?
I just love the 'Twist and Shout' one!
Old 09-16-2006, 08:21 AM
New Fan

I love this movie. Cameron is my favorite character. The scenes where he's lying in bed and when he's in the car debating whether he should hang out with Ferris are my favorite Cameron moments.

Ella
Shipper of: Jim/Pam (The Office), Harry/Hermione, Ron/Luna, Ginny/Neville, Lily/James (HP), Chase/Cameron, House/Cameron, House/Cuddy, House/Wilson(House), Marco/Dylan, Sean/Ellie, Emma/Peter, JT/Liberty (Degrassi)

.<Ella>.
Ellabella87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:33 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellabella87 (View Post)
I love this movie. Cameron is my favorite character. The scenes where he's lying in bed and when he's in the car debating whether he should hang out with Ferris are my favorite Cameron moments.

Ella
Yeh, that car scene at the beggining is hilarious! Cameron is the funniest character!
Old 09-16-2006, 09:14 AM
Master Fan

I love this film! It's a classic 80's teen film.

icon credit: miss-rebel86
Sweet_Honeycomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:12 AM
New Fan

When Cameron was in Egypt's land, let my Cameron go.

That line just came to me when I was doing the laundry. I think I'm going to pop in the DVD in a bit.
Shipper of: Jim/Pam (The Office), Harry/Hermione, Ron/Luna, Ginny/Neville, Lily/James (HP), Chase/Cameron, House/Cameron, House/Cuddy, House/Wilson(House), Marco/Dylan, Sean/Ellie, Emma/Peter, JT/Liberty (Degrassi)

.<Ella>.
Ellabella87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDreamer (View Post)

There's a thread for it in the 80s board, but that's about it.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:57 PM
Absolute Fan

I love this movie!
Old 09-16-2006, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, me too.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:46 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm glad there's a lot of FBDO lovers around here...
Old 09-17-2006, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's good that there is, it's such a great movie who doesn't love it?
Reply   Post New Thread