Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2004, 01:10 PM
Master Fan

Favorite Movie Trailers Discussion

Okay, so we all know that trailers are a big part of what makes us interested in seeing a certain movie and in some odd cases, it even turns out that a particular trailer can be better than the actual movie itself. So the question is, what are your favorite movie trailers of all time? I really liked the one for "Pearl Harbor". I'm sure there are others but I'll have to think about it and post them later...
Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awesome idea for a thread. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I really like the trailers for The day after tomorrow, Van Hesling, 50 first dates, Harry Potter 3, Win a date with Tad Hamilton, and Peter Pan [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 04:33 AM
Addicted Fan

return of the king, Troy, win a date with tad hamilton. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Mickey-: What's a horse doing on a spaceship?
The Doctor- Mickey, what's Pre-Revolutionary France doing on a spaceship? Get a little perspective!

}--- 127 --->>

Icon Credit
+ - ReD - + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 06:52 AM
Loyal Fan

the trailer for 'stuck on u' it was wicked
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img]Nic [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2004, 09:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

The Prince & Me; Against the Ropes; Win a Date W/Tad Hamilton; Eurotrip; Armageddon (both teaser and trailer); Batman & Robin; The Punisher (teaser and trailer) and The Crow.

To make sure this thread stays on the board because it's not just lists...

I like these particular trailers for a number of reasons:

1) They basically tell the story of the movie by setting up the three acts that movies are subconsciously divided into with a setup, conflict and only part of the resolution (you go see the final film to see how it turns out even if you already know).

2) The editing of these trailers and the music choice really reflects the theme(s) of the films.

Sometimes it's original score music (The Crow), but most of the time it's score music from another film or a contemporary vocal song (like Liz Phair's "Why Can't I") that really captures the spirit of the film and gets you in the right mood to want to (hopefully) go see it.

3) A lot of trailers are now specifically shot for the movie and actually have scenes and dialogue that is cut out of the final film so having the trailer or teaser is like having deleted scenes as well.

4) Also, watching certain trailers for films also lets you in on what the marketing department was thinking when they went to market the finished film as to who they're target demographic is and where (what segment of the population) they think the film will do the best.

As some of you have said, sometimes the trailer is better than the actual film and this is intentional as a lot of times marketing firms get a "bomb" and have to spin it right to at least get some people (even if a small amount) to go see it to satisfy the studios.

[ 02-13-2004: Message edited UnsilentMajorty ]
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 10:27 AM
Master Fan

Never Been Kissed They show all of my fave scenes in the trailer. And I love the song in their.

Two Towers wow that is an amazing trailer. I remember going to the theater just to see it

In the Bedroom That trailer was awesome. The movie sucked, and I was so mad to find that the trailer was not on the DVD [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]

Fear I remember Fear had a great trailer. I love when he goes psycho at the door. They did something really cool in the trailer with that

oh and The craft awesome trailer, for an awesome movie!

[ 02-13-2004: Message edited Atti's Angel ]

It's a Sarkney thing, you wouldn't understand...
Atti's Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 01:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

I suppose the trailers I like watching over and over again would be considered one of my favourites. In this case, I could only think of 2 for now:

Win a Date With Tad Hamilton
Unfaithful
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 05:02 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Atti's Angel:
[QBFear I remember Fear had a great trailer. I love when he goes psycho at the door. They did something really cool in the trailer with that
[/QB]
i loved that one! totally true.

all the lord of ring trailers were amazing. and i loved the pirates of the carribean trailer a lot too. it definitely did the trick for me.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:58 PM
Master Fan

I thought the trailer for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was real cool!!! Got me really excited for the movie [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Other good ones are:
Peter Pan
Romeo&Juliet
Star Wars: Episode Two
Blue Crush

"My heart is a museum filled with pictures of you."
♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

haydensgirl: Jess
haydensgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 06:42 PM
Total Fan

The Return of the King's Trailer
Pearl Harbor
8 Miles
The Gift

Nagihan
Old 02-13-2004, 07:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

I like romeo and juliet, titanic, total eclipse, the passion of Christ, quills, queen of the damned, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind...and that's about it [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
dark noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 09:52 PM
Loyal Fan

I love Titanic a lot, but actually . . . I thought the trailer was pretty bad. If it hadn't been for my love of all things sparkly and Leonardo DiCaprio I probably would have been like, Whatever, next channel!

I don't really remember trailers so I watch them on my DVDs now [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] But I liked Pirates of the Caribbean. And Pearl Harbor was cool too, but the movie was a bit disappointing though.

"It does not say that."

"You're right. But it would be so classic if it did."
Chippewa Falls Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 06:42 AM
Addicted Fan

I thought the theatrical trailer for The Matrix Reloaded was pretty damn fabulous. For The Matrix too, the bullet-time effect is gorgeous.

- Erin, from TWOP.
loquacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 07:47 AM
Passionate Fan

I remember Peter Pan being very good. Even though it's not my normal type of film... the music and the editing made it look so good! (and it was)

The Two Towers also impressed me.. on one of the television trailers they had this fast war drum music and spliced it with a lot of action scenes from Helms Deep. Brilliant!

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 12:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

I LOVE the "EVER AFTER" trailer. I remember it had a nice song.
Icon: Ana (Flowers)
em249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread