Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2014, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TOMORROW! TOMORROW! TOMORROW! i'm this excited to cry, yes.

also, inside edition had this amazingly heartbreaking and beautiful story about a real life couple that met while both were battling cancer...
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've seen it twice and it pretty much destroyed me both times. Shailene continues to impress me so much. She just rips your heart out. Ansel seemed less comfortable in the heavier scenes but I still thought he was really good. I loved a lot of his smaller choices as an actor. The chemistry between them was very easy and natural.

And that story, omg. =/

Side note: I saw you were a "Fan Forum Hero" last night and was totally going to crack a joke about it ... yeah, I just realized I'm also one. lol.

keep the starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

"we may not look like much but between us we have five legs, four eyes and two and a half pairs of working lungs!" best defense in the history of committing a misdemeanor!
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I read the book, going to see the movie on Tuesday.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

I just saw the movie this movie is so epic is so strong and has amazing life story like how real life is
Old 08-12-2014, 08:32 AM
Loyal Fan

I love the book and movie.
It makes me think about my mom, who died last year..
Lucy | Tumblr
Odyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

I never read the book but would like to. I bought the movie and watched half of it and then my disc kept skipping. I turn it out of the player and saw scratches on it. I was so mad. I am going to take it back and get a new copy because so far I was really enjoying the movie.

Im sorry about your mother My grandma died last year of cancer too.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

wow, it took 28 movie pages to find the TFIOS thread. this heartbreakingly sad yet hugely uplifting film is the perfect compliment to the book, and brings the characters to life in such great ways. i cannot say enough good things about the film, great acting, great cast, and the movie really smooths out some of the uneveness and oddities of the book. don't get me wrong, loved the book, but a lot of it just would not translate well from first person, and some characters were not as sympathetic in the book, from a cinematic standpoint. the book and film compliment each other, imo.

i wish to this very minute, that Gus and Hazel could have had more time together.

highly recommended, two thumbs way up!
Jen's Herald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Loved this movie. The book was so good too!
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I still haven't seen this movie.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

There was a lot of hype over it so had to read/see it for myself. I followed John Green on his YT with his bro before he published books also.
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel weird cause this movie didn't make me cry and it seems to make everyone else cry! Maybe I need to watch it again

What I did enjoy was watching their trip to Amsterdam cause I was anticipating my own trip there and that was cool! For some weird reason, I liked when they visited the author and he ended up being such a jerk! Cause I think he told the author off pretty soon and that was rather satisfying to see!

Actually, maybe I don't want to re-watch cause I might cry too hard cathartically (is that a word? :)