Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2006, 11:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Fast and the Furious Series

I just saw something about this movie on another site. The trailer looked pretty cool. Anyone else heard of it? Plan to see it when it comes out?

Last edited by Mi||iê Måë; 04-11-2015 at 01:13 AM
Old 05-23-2006, 02:10 PM
Addicted Fan

No plan at all. My interest evaporated when I heard Vin wasn't going to be in part 2. I ended up seeing most of two, but it never kept my attention. I saw the lineup for 3 and it should go straight to video.
R.I.P. #21 Sean Taylor
Old 05-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

ahhh the lineup :

Lucas Black, Bow Wow, Brian Tee, Sung Kang, Jason Tobin, Nathalie Kelly

Just the words "Bow Wow" is enough to not make me go see it. The second movie was crap not only Vin Diesel is not in it but the story itself sucked....it has lost the whole racing culture theme that we had in the first movie. The drug dealer storyline was so low. Anyway....all this to say that I was really disappointed of the second that I'm tempted to check out the third movie.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Absolute Fan

i think the first Fast and the Furious was the best, i didn't care much for the second one but, i'll probably go and see the third one anyway.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

i wasn't sure what to think at first either, but i saw a preview and it looked kinda cool. anyone watched the trailer yet?
Old 05-24-2006, 11:40 AM
Elite Fan

Without Paul or Vin - It's not The Fast & Furious

Part 2 was alright cause it had Paul, but I will not see a movie that dosen't have either one.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

This was scheduled to go directly to video/DVD... But the studio figured they could slide it in during the summer movie season where its target audience (teens) could lap it up. It will probably barely just break the top five when it opens, but then literally disappear after that... And be on video in less than three months (normal is six after theatrical run).

The whole street-racing scene is old news and this installment has absolutely NO star power in even the supporting roles, or one stand-out cameo like most real movies intended for the theater have, hence, why you can tell this was a last minute direct-to-video save.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:34 PM
Banned

This movie will bomb so bad at the box office. The film has straight to DVD written all over it. The first Fast and the Furious was the best one. Vin Diesel and Paul Walker made a good duo in the original. 2 Fast 2 Furious wasn't great but at least it had Paul Walker in it. Vin Diesel should have gotten over his pride and ego issues and starred in the second one. The third one has Bow Wow and the boy from Sling Blade. Tokyo Drift looks bad and will probably have a short time at theaters.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob1983
This movie will bomb so bad at the box office.
In the long run, it won't matter.

The fact its even getting a theatrical release is because a little money is better than no money... Which actually is pretty stupid considering direct-to-DVD films actually make MORE than they ever would if they had been released in theaters in the first place. This is a pure case of greed on the part of the studio(s) and nothing more.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:39 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't even seen the second one, which I have on DVD for some reason. I think my bro bought it.

If there's no Vin, there's no me (going to see it).

The cars looked great in the trailer, tho.

I forgot to say that the theatrical trailer made the movie look like it was going to be better than the second one which I'm told is a piece of &#^#&(!.

Last edited by ROCKSTAR; 05-25-2006 at 10:45 PM
Old 05-26-2006, 12:14 AM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob1983
2 Fast 2 Furious wasn't great but at least it had Paul Walker in it.
yep, Paul Walker was the reason that I bought plus it was only 7$.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

The Fast and The Furious or 2 Fast 2 Furious Thread

Does anyone love these movies? I am a huge fan of both it was a huge hit around 2001...I loved Paul Walker he was and always be my favorite in them.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

They were pretty awesome. I saw The Fast & the Furious in theaters a couple of times and even bought the DVD [though I have since lost it].

I didn't really plan on seeing or liking 2 Fast 2 Furious, especially since everyone except Paul Walker was gone [and I liked Dominic and Leon from the first two; Jesse also but he was shot so nevermind]. But then I watched it anyway, and it was quite enjoyable. I found Tyrese's character to be a bit annoying and obnoxious at the beginning. For some reason, I like movies involving drug lords.

And rappers shouldn't act. Ja Rule was bad enough in the first one. Ludacris was an improvement in the second one. Jin as a mechanic amused me. And now Bow Wow's taking over for the third one; ew.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

fyi, i just read a really good review on AICN (and anyone who knows that site, knows what cynics they can be...) anyone else been seeing reviews?
Old 06-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by millivanilli
fyi, i just read a really good review on AICN (and anyone who knows that site, knows what cynics they can be...) anyone else been seeing reviews?
I haven't seen any reviews but I've heard some people say they thought it was good (considering) and better than the crappy sequel. Maybe it's not so horrible after all.