Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Absolute Fan

I got to see this movie the other night, and wow, was it amazing. In fact, when I got home yesterday I hurried to make an Eternal Sunshine wallpaper for my desktop [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] What a brilliant job by the writers, cinematographers, and actors. Jim Carrey's performance was so beautifully soulful. Kate Winslet was wonderful as well. Hell--I think every actor in the film did a great job. And I agree about Kirsten Dunst--she usually annoys me, but I thought she did a great job with this too.

[img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] What a great film!
Old 05-04-2004, 12:47 PM
Loyal Fan

I think it helped to go in with zero expectations because I REALLY enjoyed this movie. I am almost embarassed to admit that Jim Carrey impressed me for once. He did a very nice job...only once did I see a glimmer of the over the top guy he usually is and he kept that in check.

I really thought this was a great movie.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I absolutely loved this movie. I went in with very high expectations. I adore CK's work. And I thought the cast was amazing. The fact that all of them managed to impress me more was.

I have a feeling this is one of those movies I'll end up watching over and over again.

It never would have occurred to me to pair Jim Carrey/Kate Winslet or Mark Ruffalo/Kirsten Dunst but it worked out really well.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by wanderer78
It never would have occurred to me to pair Jim Carrey/Kate Winslet...
Oh, I know! These two are a brilliant romantic pairing that I never would have considered. But, wow, they are just beautiful together in this movie.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:29 PM
Master Fan

I wish I hadn't seen the movie with the person I saw it with, although I do adore her - she's pretty high brow and thought the movie was more of a "chick flick," as I've posted before.

However, I was really looking forward to it and sort of stuffed my response. Now that time has passed I can allow myself to have really gotten so much out of this film.

The main message is extremely intense, especially for me as a multiple trauma survivor. Would I want to erase my trauma memories - which might mean getting rid of the good memories?

No.

Is it just a matter of destiny to go through certain experiences, and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger?

Possibly.

Plus, Kate Winslet and Jim Carrey were phenomenal in this movie, as were the rest of the cast. Everyone did such an incredible job - and I liked the way it was pieced together, too. Felt clever rather than gimicky.
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 06:03 AM
New Fan

Great International-poster.

Jim Carrey Nettet
TNPihl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 03:19 AM
Master Fan

Old 03-03-2005, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

One of my favorite parts was Mark Ruffalo in thick glasses in his undies.

I never would've paired JC and KW together either, but it worked. Jim Carrey was so good in this.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by last beautiful girl
One of my favorite parts was Mark Ruffalo in thick glasses in his undies.

I never would've paired JC and KW together either, but it worked. Jim Carrey was so good in this.
I love Mark Ruffalo. He is just a person you want to cuddle. I loved his shuffling dancing moves.

I agree about Kristen Dunst, she usually annoys me, but she was good in this movie I felt so sorry for her.

Jim Carrey was really good in this film, I was so use to seeing him do something that was over the top comical, so it was good to see him in a film with a lot of meaning, but some funny parts as well. I've loved Kate Winslet for the longest time and I think she was maverous as this role, she is very diverse in the movies she can do. I don't think there is really a movie she can't do... maybe a teen comedy, but who knows.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ok, I had to revive this, I think this is one of the most ingenious movies ever made! I don't think there's a singal think I didn;t like about it...the directing, writing, acting, all incredible!
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Master Fan

I just watched this movie tonight for the first time. I thought it was great. Def, not your average movie. Jim and Kate were spectacular. I was rooting for them all the way through the movie. I wasn't expecting the twist with Kirsten Dunst's character at all. I thought I might just shut off this movie at the beginning, but I gave it time and I turned out to love it. I would recommend this movie. I love it when a movie surprises me, and this one did.

SATC
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 10:30 AM
Passionate Fan

I really don't understand why this movie is considered a comedy. It's so sad and dismal, and yet so perfect. The lighting and the color schemes they use are perfect. I love the opening, how Clementine is the only one in bright colors. I love how the books disappear off the shelves near the end of the film when Joel's memory is almost erased. I love the crack in the ice when they're laying on the pond. I love the last memory at the house, how the house falls apart and the ocean rolls in and they talk about what went wrong, and about how it's all over. Such a sad sad movie. Such a perfect art film. I adore it.

I actually read the script they they've got out, and I kind of wonder why they cut the Velveteen Rabbit scene. (Instead of Clementine talking about a doll that she wants to be pretty, she talks about how you're only real when your fur has been loved off and you're no longer beautiful.) The script is so confusing, unless you've seen the movie of course. It makes me wonder how Kate and Jim knew how to play it.

I wish I could have seen this in theaters, but my 17th birthday wasn't until after it was out of theaters.
"I'm just trying to be really considerate. I've never really done it before but I'm going to give it a shot. You know, I've seen it done and I've read about it so I'm going to try to be nice." ~Will, Big Brother 2
Maliejandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 01:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I love the last memory when the house collapses and the waves crash into it as well, that was gorgeous filmmaking.
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 09:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Hi everyone! This thread is for anyone who is a fan of the movie! This definitely is my all-time favorite movie.

Why? Well the script is fabulous and well written. The dialogue is loaded, reflective, and in-depth, the asethetics and image of the film was well made in complimenting the storyline.

And finally, but not least, the amazing cast! Jim Carey has never done a better film than this one, imo. Kate Winslet steals the film as the woebegone Clementine!
Elijah Wood, Mark Ruffallo, and Kirsten Dunst are amazing supporting cast as well!

I'll try finding more images for them, but that banner above is something I made a little while back.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:07 AM
Master Fan

My friend who saw the film with me still considers this a chick flick/date movie, but I think she kind of missed the point (which is unusual for her). I love this film and I think it has so much more to say about not regretting choices, living life as you go through it and accepting the good and the painful, communication, etc.

In fact, I think I'll go buy this film... Thanks for the thread!

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread