Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2004, 10:40 AM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

I got a late Christmas present last night: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.
Old 01-03-2004, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

Bought Legally Blonde 2 last night. I got five DVDs in less than a month. Granted three of them were Christmas presents, but...yipes. Need to stop.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 01-06-2004, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

first time here!
Just bought dvd of A Walk on the Moon! I was totally glad.. I got to see the infamous waterfall scene!

So, after watching that movie, I just went to order American Yakuza and Indian Runner dvds.

Viggo Mortensen is just taking over my life! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 01-06-2004: Message edited ~ shnicky ~ ]
Old 01-07-2004, 02:06 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

I ordered Farscape seasons one and two early yesterday morning and I already got season one in the mail. Words can not express how happy I am to finally get my hands on Farscape DVDs. [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2004, 02:34 PM
Cotton Candy

It's so nice to see that this thread is doing so well.

I own the following movies on DVD:

It Takes Two-It just came yesterday. There aren't any special features, besides the original trailer, but it doesn't bother me since this is one of my all-time favorites.

The Lion King-An amazing movie and a fantastic DVD. There are so many special features that it seems endless. You can spend many hours enjoying this DVD.

My Girl-This is my favorite movie, so the fact that there aren't any extras, besides the original trailer, isn't a problem for me (although it would have been cool to see some behind the scenes stuff). It might be for some people though.

Riding in Cars With Boys-I love this DVD! There are plenty of interesting extras and I could watch the trailer a thousand times.

Mrs. Doubtfire-This is another great DVD. The deleted scenes and interviews with the cast are just the beginning.

The Princess Diaries-My guilty pleasure movie. There are a ton of great extra features on this DVD as well.

I ordered the 1961 version of The Parent Trap recently, so I hope that it comes soon.

Old 01-07-2004, 02:43 PM
Passionate Fan

Just picked up 2 new dvds:

Ric Flair 3 disc dvd

and Pearl Jam Live at MSG.

Both are musts if you are fans of the respective genres. The Ric Flair dvd is just plain great, 7-8 matches, cool promo's and interviews, just a well done set.

Likewise the PJ set, just so much energy, it was great to be captured on film.

coming up next:

Depeche Mode 101.
Old 01-07-2004, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

Well over the winter break, I went and got a few DVD's that they had on sale here and there at different places.

Picked up

28 Days Later - at Future Shop on Boxing Day (13.99 CDN OH YEAH). I watched the movie in theatres and vaguely liked it, though not tremendously, mainly due to the ending, but with the multiple endings that were included in the DVD, I'm looking forward to that.

Being John Malkovich - for 15 CDN at HMV because they have some crazy ass sale. I've always wanted to watch it, but hadn't had the chance, so yay.

Chasing Amy - for some odd reason, the Criterion Collection edition of this one is always so cheap. Anybody else understand why? Odd. Anyways, just another movie I've always wanted to watch.

Firefly - this TV show came out...my god a while ago now. Joss Whedon's little project post-Buffy/Angel was probably by far his best work. It includes episodes not seen on TV (three of them) and has commentary on a few of the episodes. Also includes a gag reel and an easter egg which I can't really seem to find (yeah, go figure).

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - Extended Edition - what can I say aside from the fact that it's an amazing DVD set. The 4 disc set has two discs for the movie itself (43 minutes extra from theatrical release) and has two discs of supplementary material. Good stuff.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have a few questions [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] does anyone Order dvds from Amazon.com?
How safe is it?
Has anyone had problems with the site? any problems with the dvds?

I've never order oversea site before [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2004, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

I ordered a DVD off Amazon, it was the UK site though as i needed to get a Region 2 DVD, no problems at all.

I bought Underworld tuesday and i can't wait til next week when FvJ comes out [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Total Fan

I just got The American President for $6 at Sam's Club the other day, actually my mom got it for me, but I'm so happy that I finally have it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Lots of Love!
Heathyr

TEH LJ!

I'm on hold and waiting for the stars to align.

Gen: "You so deserve Lorelai. You would make GG more rockin' than it already is."
.I totally would - Lorelai, pick me!
Old 01-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy_D+J_Fan:
<STRONG>I have a few questions [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] does anyone Order dvds from Amazon.com?
How safe is it?
Has anyone had problems with the site? any problems with the dvds?
I've never order oversea site before [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I ordered several DVDs from Amazon about a year ago and they all arrived in perfect condition.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks guys [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] it's a great help [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2004, 09:20 AM
Total Fan

I bought Buffy season 4 last night. Can't wait to watch them this weekend! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Icon by Elya
Old 01-14-2004, 03:28 AM
Master Fan

I got so many new ones recently that I can't hardly remember them all, but here goes.

Underworld
American Wedding Extended Unrated Party Version
Pirates of the Carribean
The Indiana Jones box set
Freaky Friday
The Postman
Beyond Suspicion
Gone with The Wind
Mulholland Dr.
Sex and the City Season 4
Alias Season 2
The War of The Roses
Alex and Emma
Dark Blue

There are loads more but I will have to go hunt them up.

"What we've got here is...failure to communicate"
Old 01-14-2004, 12:14 PM
Elite Fan

i have bought in thelast 2 weeks:

Underworld
Freddy vs Jason
Bring It On Again
Beverly Hills Cop
Fear
Rage Against the Machine: the last concert