Fan Forum Star

Im gonna go see it this weekend, i am soo happy. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
icon: xthebesthing
*Kaylee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 10:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Kaylee*:
<STRONG>Im gonna go see it this weekend, i am soo happy. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
How'd you like it?
Old 03-24-2004, 04:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ScoobyGal:
<STRONG>um yeah...I'm not excited about this movie. In my opinion, it should never have been made. You can't mess with what has become as classic icon in society. Why screw up a good movie? If people today want to see Dirty Dancing, let them watch the REAL Dirty Dancing.</STRONG>
ITA. I couldn't have said it better!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
GenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 03:37 PM
Passionate Fan

This past Monday night, I went to see the movie for the fourth time. I just can't get enough of this movie. I love it!!! Maybe it's because I'm biased. I LOVE DIEGO LUNA!!! He's an amazing actor and he's definitely very easy on the eyes. [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img] I just don't understand why people keep comparing it to the first Dirty Dancing. It's not even a sequel to it. Nowhere on the title does it have a 2 or does it say it is a sequel. It is even set BEFORE the original. This is also based on TRUE events, which makes it even more authentic in my eyes. The only thing I could think of is that maybe they should've just named it Havana Nights to avoid confusion. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Either way, I am defintely buying the DVD as soon as it comes out. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/hippie.gif[/img]

Eliza

(icon by Me)
*Eliza (Liz) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 03:14 AM
Master Fan

Well put Eliza! Couldn't have said it better myself! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I think the title's quite appropriate anyway, I mean, they are in Havana and there's a hell of a lot of dirty dancing going on.. [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]

This movie has recently gone to the cheap theaters and that's sooo good for my wallet! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Diego, here I come!! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Oh, did anyone happen to pick up the new Teen Vogue? Diego and Romola are on the cover! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] The pics inside are adorable! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] I wish I was Romola. [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Passionate Fan

nellie - You go girl!!! I'm gonna keep looking for the dollar theaters to play it so I can go see it again. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Yep, I'm that obsessed. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Here are the pictures from the Teen Vogue magazine. All credit goes to the Teen Vogue photographers. I just scanned the pages. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Enjoy!

(icon by Me)
Old 03-28-2004, 12:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Eliza (Liz):
<STRONG>I LOVE DIEGO LUNA!!! He's an amazing actor and he's definitely very easy on the eyes. I just don't understand why people keep comparing it to the first Dirty Dancing. It's not even a sequel to it. Nowhere on the title does it have a 2 or does it say it is a sequel. It is even set BEFORE the original. This is also based on TRUE events, which makes it even more authentic in my eyes. The only thing I could think of is that maybe they should've just named it Havana Nights to avoid confusion. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Either way, I am defintely buying the DVD as soon as it comes out. </STRONG>
ITA- I think the producers didnt think that the hard-core DD fans would have such a problem with the title of the movie. I think Havana Nights would have been a fine title and we would have gotten the hint that this was a "dirty dancing" movie plus we would have been surprised with the Patrick Swayze cameo. But I guess they had to come out with the "reimagination" line so that we wouldnt think they were blatently copying from DD.

I still think this movie is great- I love Diego too! I cant wait for DVD so I can watch it again and again like the original. I hope there are lots of extras!

I love the original so much that i just got the Ultimate Edition DVD and its packed with extras and also a little segment on HN. I wish I knew how or could make screen caps of it cuz the shots of Diego smiling are great.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

I loved the dancing in this movie. And Diego was absolutely gorgeous in it!

Does anyone know when the DVD will be released? Because I cannot wait! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
My~War~Is~Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 01:32 AM
Master Fan

Wow, thanks for posting those scans! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by My~War~Is~Over:
<STRONG>
Does anyone know when the DVD will be released? Because I cannot wait! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Hopefully soon, eh? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] The movie has been out of theaters for a while now (as far as I know), so hopefully by summer time? I know I'm getting it once it hits the stores! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2004, 11:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I know I'm getting it once it hits the stores!
Ditto! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I love those scans, too. Thanks for them! They look cozy together.
My~War~Is~Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love this movie! It was really good.

I was surprise to see Patrick Swayze in there! It would of been awesome if Jennifer Grey was there, too.

This movie is really good!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 12:43 AM
Master Fan

Any Aussies here?
What is up with this being released in Australia?
It was showing in cinemas here for about a week then disappeared!
I want to see it!!!!
Aussie bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 04:32 AM
Master Fan

I watched this for a class outing, so you could say I wasn't that really interested in it. However, it was better than I expected. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either. The dancing was hot. The plot was kind of lame, but I didn't think it would be that fantastic. I think Diego is sexy. But I also think that Gael Garcia is sexy, so it doesn't quite matter

But then again I didn't watch the original DD, so I wouldn't really know how bad/good this sequel is. Oh and the soundtrack rocked.
Old 08-07-2004, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am so happy that it is finally on DVD
icon: xthebesthing
*Kaylee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Passionate Fan

I love the DD: HN DVD! The extra features are awesome!! Diego practicing salsa!

(icon by Me)
Reply   Post New Thread