Fan Forum Star

Im gonna go see it this weekend, i am soo happy. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
icon: xthebesthing
*Kaylee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Kaylee*:
<STRONG>Im gonna go see it this weekend, i am soo happy. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
How'd you like it?
Old 03-24-2004, 03:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ScoobyGal:
<STRONG>um yeah...I'm not excited about this movie. In my opinion, it should never have been made. You can't mess with what has become as classic icon in society. Why screw up a good movie? If people today want to see Dirty Dancing, let them watch the REAL Dirty Dancing.</STRONG>
ITA. I couldn't have said it better!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
GenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 02:37 PM
Passionate Fan

This past Monday night, I went to see the movie for the fourth time. I just can't get enough of this movie. I love it!!! Maybe it's because I'm biased. I LOVE DIEGO LUNA!!! He's an amazing actor and he's definitely very easy on the eyes. [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img] I just don't understand why people keep comparing it to the first Dirty Dancing. It's not even a sequel to it. Nowhere on the title does it have a 2 or does it say it is a sequel. It is even set BEFORE the original. This is also based on TRUE events, which makes it even more authentic in my eyes. The only thing I could think of is that maybe they should've just named it Havana Nights to avoid confusion. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Either way, I am defintely buying the DVD as soon as it comes out. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/hippie.gif[/img]

Eliza

(icon by Me)
*Eliza (Liz) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 02:14 AM
Master Fan

Well put Eliza! Couldn't have said it better myself! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I think the title's quite appropriate anyway, I mean, they are in Havana and there's a hell of a lot of dirty dancing going on.. [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]

This movie has recently gone to the cheap theaters and that's sooo good for my wallet! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Diego, here I come!! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Oh, did anyone happen to pick up the new Teen Vogue? Diego and Romola are on the cover! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] The pics inside are adorable! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] I wish I was Romola. [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2004, 10:14 AM
Passionate Fan

nellie - You go girl!!! I'm gonna keep looking for the dollar theaters to play it so I can go see it again. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Yep, I'm that obsessed. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Here are the pictures from the Teen Vogue magazine. All credit goes to the Teen Vogue photographers. I just scanned the pages. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Enjoy!

(icon by Me)
Old 03-28-2004, 11:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Eliza (Liz):
<STRONG>I LOVE DIEGO LUNA!!! He's an amazing actor and he's definitely very easy on the eyes. I just don't understand why people keep comparing it to the first Dirty Dancing. It's not even a sequel to it. Nowhere on the title does it have a 2 or does it say it is a sequel. It is even set BEFORE the original. This is also based on TRUE events, which makes it even more authentic in my eyes. The only thing I could think of is that maybe they should've just named it Havana Nights to avoid confusion. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Either way, I am defintely buying the DVD as soon as it comes out. </STRONG>
ITA- I think the producers didnt think that the hard-core DD fans would have such a problem with the title of the movie. I think Havana Nights would have been a fine title and we would have gotten the hint that this was a "dirty dancing" movie plus we would have been surprised with the Patrick Swayze cameo. But I guess they had to come out with the "reimagination" line so that we wouldnt think they were blatently copying from DD.

I still think this movie is great- I love Diego too! I cant wait for DVD so I can watch it again and again like the original. I hope there are lots of extras!

I love the original so much that i just got the Ultimate Edition DVD and its packed with extras and also a little segment on HN. I wish I knew how or could make screen caps of it cuz the shots of Diego smiling are great.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

I loved the dancing in this movie. And Diego was absolutely gorgeous in it!

Does anyone know when the DVD will be released? Because I cannot wait! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
My~War~Is~Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 01:32 AM
Master Fan

Wow, thanks for posting those scans! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by My~War~Is~Over:
<STRONG>
Does anyone know when the DVD will be released? Because I cannot wait! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Hopefully soon, eh? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] The movie has been out of theaters for a while now (as far as I know), so hopefully by summer time? I know I'm getting it once it hits the stores! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2004, 11:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I know I'm getting it once it hits the stores!
Ditto! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I love those scans, too. Thanks for them! They look cozy together.
My~War~Is~Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love this movie! It was really good.

I was surprise to see Patrick Swayze in there! It would of been awesome if Jennifer Grey was there, too.

This movie is really good!
Old 08-05-2004, 12:43 AM
Master Fan

Any Aussies here?
What is up with this being released in Australia?
It was showing in cinemas here for about a week then disappeared!
I want to see it!!!!
Aussie bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 04:32 AM
Master Fan

I watched this for a class outing, so you could say I wasn't that really interested in it. However, it was better than I expected. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either. The dancing was hot. The plot was kind of lame, but I didn't think it would be that fantastic. I think Diego is sexy. But I also think that Gael Garcia is sexy, so it doesn't quite matter

But then again I didn't watch the original DD, so I wouldn't really know how bad/good this sequel is. Oh and the soundtrack rocked.
Old 08-07-2004, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am so happy that it is finally on DVD
icon: xthebesthing
*Kaylee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Passionate Fan

I love the DD: HN DVD! The extra features are awesome!! Diego practicing salsa!

(icon by Me)
Reply   Post New Thread