Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2004, 09:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

i definately have to go see this movie.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR:
<STRONG>I have no interest in watching "Havana Nights". I grew up with the original "Dirty Dancing" and I'm uber scared of any sequel, this one, 100 times more.</STRONG>
I had the same idea going into it but I wish TPTB wouldnt call this movie a sequel, or put the #2 on the end. I think it just should have been called Havana Nights for the DD fans (like me) and we should have spotted Patrick Swayze and that be the only comparison to DD. Patrick can still move!!!

If you are in the mood for a sometimes cheezy movie, but great dancing then this is it. Plus its great for Diego fans.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by msanthropickat:
<STRONG>Anyway, sarcasm aside, I happen to like Amores Perros and Bernal is a great actor. Luna is a good actor as well, but looks-wise, you have to like babyfaced actors and smooth tone-less body (from Y Tu Mama Tambien, Luna has no muscle definition).</STRONG>
That's it, I don't like tone less bodies or boy faced actors. I like men. I like Gael Garcia because he has this charm, I can't put my finger on it but something like that. However I didn't like him (looks wise) in "YTMT" because he looked too young. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by golden_dust:
<STRONG>

I had the same idea going into it but I wish TPTB wouldnt call this movie a sequel, or put the #2 on the end. I think it just should have been called Havana Nights for the DD fans (like me) and we should have spotted Patrick Swayze and that be the only comparison to DD. Patrick can still move!!!

If you are in the mood for a sometimes cheezy movie, but great dancing then this is it. Plus its great for Diego fans.</STRONG>
Yeah, since I heard the idea of a sequel which had Ricky Martin and Christina Ricci I think (or was it) and I got excited. Then I heard they were filming it in San Juan, I live like 30 minutes away from there, and I got even more excited but then it got cold and then suddenly the movie got made and well, I lost all interest.

Maybe I'll watch it in a couple of years.

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2004, 12:42 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
That's it, I don't like tone less bodies or boy faced actors. I like men. I like Gael Garcia because he has this charm, I can't put my finger on it but something like that. However I didn't like him (looks wise) in "YTMT" because he looked too young.
Since when did the qualifications for manliness require muscle-toned physique and masculine features?

They looked 'young' in YTMT because they were playing 17-year-olds.

I'm digressing so I'll list some things I'd rather do than see Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights: Get a pap smear, do my laundry, do my neighbor's laundry, watch a movie worth my time, attempt to do my taxes, find a cure for the common cold...

Honestly, I'm curious about the movie. Curious enough to just download it.
msanthropickat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 06:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by msanthropickat:
<STRONG>

Since when did the qualifications for manliness require muscle-toned physique and masculine features?

They looked 'young' in YTMT because they were playing 17-year-olds. </STRONG>
It is a qualification if you ask me because that's my personal opinion, I'm not saying it as if it was the general consensus. The only kid I liked that was skinny was Leo DiCaprio but now he's all beefed up so its all good. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

BTW, I know they were playing 17 year olds and so they looked young which was my point.

But now, now. This is a DD: Havana Nights discussion thread, so I also digress.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Keep on rolling those reviews! [img]smilies/roller.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2004, 06:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by chris34:
<STRONG>Did anybody buy the Dirty Dancing Havana Nights Soundtrack? I bought it the other day and it is an awesome album. My favorite song is 1. Dance Like This - Wyclef Jean f/ Claudette Ortiz (Click and hear music samples from the soundtrack. It is definately worth-it to buy. </STRONG>
I have it! I have it!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Omg, I'm soooo obsessed with it! Ever since Monday, I've been listening to it none-stop! I like all of the songs except for that "You Send Me". [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] It didn't really fit the rest of the album, but meh! I don't even remember hearing that song in the movie! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] My ultimate faves are Dance Like This and Dirty Dancing! Those 2 songs make me really wanna dance. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

My best friend Meg has seen this movie 4 times and my other best friend Sher has seen it twice. I still can't believe they saw it again without me, but I will... um, get them back. I'll be seeing this again with my sister (who looves Diego).

[ 03-12-2004: Message edited - nellie - ]
Old 03-12-2004, 08:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - nellie -:
<STRONG>I have it! I have it!!Omg, I'm soooo obsessed with it! Ever since Monday, I've been listening to it none-stop! I like all of the songs except for that "You Send Me". It didn't really fit the rest of the album, but meh! I don't even remember hearing that song in the movie! My ultimate faves are Dance Like This and Dirty Dancing! Those 2 songs make me really wanna dance.</STRONG>
I love the soundtrack as well. I really dont have much money to spend on CDs lately but as soon as I went home I wished I had it and had to go get it. I love the BEP song and basically every song on there. The Christina song is soooo pretty. The You Send Me Song was when Katie was dancing with James at that dance thing at the palace, your right, it kind of slows down the whole CD, but its an OK song.
Old 03-13-2004, 12:37 PM
Loyal Fan

This movie was the best! LOL! I've always loved musicals and such, so when I saw this movie about dancing-I just had to go. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Also, Diego Luna is hot...but besides that. I loved the music. I immediately bought the soundtrack after the movie. I loved all the artists in the film-the music went well. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I made a few Icons too:

Hope you like the Icons. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

-Tori

Adriana Lima Is Love
Vote Nicole Richie.
Victoria Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by golden_dust:
<STRONG>The You Send Me Song was when Katie was dancing with James at that dance thing at the palace, your right, it kind of slows down the whole CD, but its an OK song.</STRONG>
Oh yes! I remember now... Gah, I did not like James. Every time I looked at him, I kept on thinking "Lucky... that's Lucky!" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Not only that, his character was such a butt. When he ripped Katey's strap, I wanted to smack him really hard. If a guy did that to me now, I'd lay the smack-down on him! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I tried looking for the lyrics of each song from the soundtrack without success. [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img] Does anyone know of a site that has them yet?

Tori - Nice icons! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I snagged a couple! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

ETA: Gah, you got me all inspired... so here are 3 little icons I made! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] It took me 2 hours to make all 3. [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] I think my friends will be happy to see these...

[ 03-13-2004: Message edited - nellie - ]
Old 03-13-2004, 08:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

I searched for "Dirty Dancing Havana Nights Lyrics" google and a few sites had some. I tried to find the BEP song and it came up as way wrong when I searched for it. I found the Christina song and put it into a translator since I dont speak a word of spanish and it is really pretty. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

The icons are very nice guys! I am still hoping someone will make a great wallpaper either here or over on the fanart forum [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2004, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

Really? I did the exact same thing and got absolutely nothing. The closest thing was the actual CD being sold at various online stores... I shall check again!

I was going to make a WP, but I had been on the computer for hours, so maybe tomorrow I'll try to make one. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I asked on the FA Board if anyone had made one to post it. So far, nothing...

[ 03-13-2004: Message edited - nellie - ]
Old 03-15-2004, 01:37 PM
New Fan

If you want soundtrack lyrics, you can go to http://www.stlyrics.com/d/dirtydancinghavananights.htm They have most of the songs. It's a really good lyrics site. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
jessnrory25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Passionate Fan

I haven't seen this movie, although I'm interested too.

If I do see it, it will be for two reasons...

Jonathan Jackson

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
For I have lied, and killed, and stolen; betrayed and broken trust. But there is the one thing that shall lie in the balance. When I shall stand before God, I shall have one thing to say, to weigh against the rest. Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well.” -Jamie Fraser
Lyns
Jasonsgurl310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 09:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

um yeah...I'm not excited about this movie. In my opinion, it should never have been made. You can't mess with what has become as classic icon in society. Why screw up a good movie? If people today want to see Dirty Dancing, let them watch the REAL Dirty Dancing.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ScoobyGal:
<STRONG>um yeah...I'm not excited about this movie. In my opinion, it should never have been made. You can't mess with what has become as classic icon in society. Why screw up a good movie? If people today want to see Dirty Dancing, let them watch the REAL Dirty Dancing.</STRONG>
It's not ruining a "classic". I haven't seen the first one, but this one is supposedly nothing like it. Maybe they shouldn't have named it after the other, but whatever, I still think it's worth a look, even if it is just to see the dancing.