Die Hard Series #1: "Yippee-ki-yay"

Hey guys! Welcome to the:
-Die Hard (1988)
-Die Hard 2 (1990)
-Die Hard With a Vengeance (1995)
-Live Free or Die Hard (2007)
-A Good Day to Die Hard (2013)
...Appreciation Thread!

I personally, love the Die Hard series, though the first will always be my favorite. It really set the bar for action movies, which I also love.

Anyone else a fan of this series and John McClane?

Last edited by Mi||iê Måë; 02-17-2015 at 04:50 PM
Old 06-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Live Free or Die Hard *SPOILERS*

Hey guys! Welcome to the Live Free or Die Hard Appreciation Thread!

Here's one for the soon-to-be released fourth installment...so can't wait for it!
Old 06-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

i really want to see this
Old 06-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ditto! I am counting down the days til' we see John McClane again!
Old 06-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

I'll leave this thread open for the new movie. The older ones will be discussed here.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

The first ten minutes are online:

HERE

This looks like a complete STINKER*.

The first 10 minutes are completely boring and just unbelievable even for an escapist action picture.

*20th Century Fox has sold the franchise out to make it "family friendly" a.k.a. PG-13. The "Die Hard" movies were never intended for kids. Now, look at the result: A lackluster, watered-down version of itself.

I hope it bombs... Because then studios will get the message certain franchises are for adults and should stay true to their roots and be hardcore, R-rated films.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I couldn't believe the first 10 minutes had been available...though that site says it no longer is.

I do think this one should be rated 'R, since the first three were, and it just doesn't seem like Die Hard, if it's anything less. Other than the language and some violence/blood, there's nothing really extreme in them anyways, so I think to tame that down just takes something away.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Not to be negative, but there are tons of fans of the franchise like me that are urging people thinking about going to the film to boycott it once it is released.

The intent isn't to punish moviegoers, but tell the studio in no uncertain terms they need to stop trying to cater to pre-teens to make a quick buck. As stated, the audience they are targeting now wasn't even alive when the SEQUELS were released, let alone the original "Die Hard" in 1988. Most of them don't even know who John McClane is and shouldn't be seeing a movie of this kind in the first place if we are going to be honest.

P.S. - If you really want to see the first 10 minutes, search YouTube and other sites. It's out there somewhere...
Old 06-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsilentMajorty (View Post)
The intent isn't to punish moviegoers, but tell the studio in no uncertain terms they need to stop trying to cater to pre-teens to make a quick buck. As stated, the audience they are targeting now wasn't even alive when the SEQUELS were released, let alone the original "Die Hard" in 1988. Most of them don't even know who John McClane is and shouldn't be seeing a movie of this kind in the first place if we are going to be honest.
ITA with this, and that's not sounding negative at all, just (as you said) honest. I've been reading articles about it, and so many start off with how this one has been made to be more 'family oriented'...which is just odd to me. It's just, Die Hard isn't exactly a family film in the sense of a G-rated movie you're all going to gather around and watch while eating snacks with kids and such...it's hardcore action-fun.

At first Bruce wasn't too keen on it either, but recently has mentioned it still has the same feel as the others, and the character of John McClane hasn't changed, and if people need a movie with swearing to make them happy, there's plenty of them out there. I don't think that's why people are so upset, as you also said, so many of the 'kids' seeing it now, weren't even alive when this series started...I myself was only three.

I personally won't be boycotting, since I want to see it that badly, but I can understand those original fans from way back when it all originate who feel the need to, and I support their decision.

Thanks for the youtube tip.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love the Die Hard movies, mainly because of Bruce and its a thing me and my dad had together, sit back and watch Die Hard 1 and 2.
My LJ
Old 06-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Bruce definitely is Die Hard, so I can see him being a huge factor into liking the series, same goes for me.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Banned

Die Hard is the best action movie ever.
Entertainment Weekly named it the best action movie ever.
The 25 Greatest Action Films Ever! | Countdown! | Movies | Entertainment Weekly | 25

John McClane is the toughest movie character in the history of film.

Anyone ever notice how badly the Die Hard movies are edited on basic cable and regular tv?
Old 06-26-2007, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I saw that it made #1 (again), no question there.

I usually don't watch it on tv, and that's one of the reasons.

Tomorrow, omg, I can't wait for the 4th one!
Old 10-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Master Fan

Die hard with a vengence is my favourite out of the four i think the teamup with Samuel L Jakson it great!

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign
Old 10-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Die Hard 1 is definately the best
Closed Thread   Post New Thread