Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2004, 03:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star (2003) #1

Has anyone seen this movie? I was embarassed to see it - I admit. Parts of it were ridiculously stupid but some were genuinely funny.

I really thought Barry Williams playing poker and betting Brady Bunch memorabilia was pretty fitting! And the song at the end - I couldn't believe how different Corey Haim looked.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

I personally loved this movie. We own it on DVD, and my sister and I love watching it together.

~*~
Spike: Death is on your heels, baby. And sooner or later, it's gonna catch you. And part of you wants it. Not only to stop the fear and uncertainty, but because you're just a little bit in love with it.
Calmly Chaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 10:08 PM
Master Fan

I thought this movie was a very funny, an underrated comedy....
capesidefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really liked this movie. David Spade is a funny little guy. my brother owns it on dvd and every now and then we will watch it together. I loved the part when Sally told off Dickie.

Sally: Brick wall, waterfall. Dickie thinks he got it all but he don't, and I do, so Boom with that attitude. Peace, punch Captain Crunch. I've got something you can't touch. Bang- Bang choo-choo train. Wind me up I do my thing. Reeses Pieces, 7-Up. You mess with me, I'll mess you up.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 12:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Rainstorm18
my brother owns it on dvd and every now and then we will watch it together.
also the music song by alot of former child actors at the end of the movie is funny..........

Yeah they also have the extended song version of that on the dvd special features.....
capesidefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 12:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

I loved that child stars song. Especially since all the singers are former child stars. I think I liked Marcia's part best. (I would use her real name, but I don't know it. )

~*~
Spike: Death is on your heels, baby. And sooner or later, it's gonna catch you. And part of you wants it. Not only to stop the fear and uncertainty, but because you're just a little bit in love with it.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by capesidefan
also the music song by alot of former child actors at the end of the movie is funny..........

Yeah they also have the extended song version of that on the dvd special features.....

Really? I didnt know that. We never gotten around to watching the special features which is odd on my part, cause the thing I love about dvds is how it has special features of deleted scenes and such in the movies. I will just have to check that out then
My LJ
Old 08-19-2004, 01:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

There are easter eggs on the dvd also, if you know what I'm talking about. I don't remember them offhand, but try looking on eeggs.com, or dvdeastereggs.com. They're all outtakes.

~*~
Old 08-19-2004, 03:40 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Rainstorm18
Sally: Brick wall, waterfall. Dickie thinks he got it all but he don't, and I do, so Boom with that attitude. Peace, punch Captain Crunch. I've got something you can't touch. Bang- Bang choo-choo train. Wind me up I do my thing. Reeses Pieces, 7-Up. You mess with me, I'll mess you up.
Haha I watched that part a few times trying to figure out what she said and I never ended up getting it all so thanks .

My favorite part of the movie was something that I almost didn't catch, but I sort of heard it and kept going back to make sure I was right. When Dickie's driving in his car near the beginning of the movie, right before the scene cuts away, he says something like "Word to your mother!" It was just so totally random that I could not stop laughing. At least I think that's what he says. And if it's not then oh well haha.

Another thing I loved was the song they all sang. The longer version was cool.

Veronica: Look at you, all helpful.
Logan: Hey, your peskiness being unleashed on Conner brings me joy. Annoy, tiny blonde one, annoy like the wind!
ms_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 04:09 AM
Master Fan

I rented this out last weekend - having no expectations what so ever.
And OMG I loved it!
I have not laughed so hard in SO LONG!
Aussie bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 05:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ok, I've been debating whether to ask this or not.

Did anyone else think Sam was cute? I know he's young and everything, but he will be so cute when he gets older.

~*~
Old 08-19-2004, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aussie Bubbles- OMG your avie is great

Calmly Chaotic- Which one was Sam again? I cant really remember him much. Is there any like pics you can post of him

ms_me- no problem , 'Word to your mother'
My LJ
Old 08-19-2004, 05:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

Rainstorm - Sam was the son. Couldn't find one of him in the movie.

EDIT - I just checked on imdb....He's only a year younger than me! Born in 1987. I didn't know that. Now I don't feel so bad about thinking he's cute.

Aussie - Just who is that in your av?

~*~
Old 08-19-2004, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww okay, I remember him now. He is a cutie, your right . I think that guy in her avie is Colin Firth?
My LJ
Old 08-19-2004, 07:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

Omg, I think you're right. I couldn't tell unless I had a name or face to look for. That's great.

I loved the whole scene thing where Dickie helped the daughter with the dance moves, and she showed up that Britney wannabe.

~*~
Reply   Post New Thread