Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2006, 09:46 PM
Master Fan

The Departed (2006) #1

Here's the IMDb page info on the film.

Honestly, I'm not sure I'll see this as I'm not really into mob films at the moment (too many episodes of The Sopranos, maybe! *lol*), but what I thought when I saw the previews is it's odd Mark Wahlberg's in it.

He seemed to have disappeared for a while and now he's back, and in almost every upcoming film! How does he manage that?

Anyway - anyone else see the previews lately?

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:52 AM
Elite Fan

I want to see this movie.

I like mob/crime/police movies and this one looks like a winner top to bottom. Plus, though he's always been good Leonardo Dicaprio has turned into such a fine actor the last few years... I love his performances and I want to watch anything he is in.

Plus, freakin' Scorsese!!! I'm there.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

I've seen this trailer like 3 times, attached to each of the last 3 movies I watched.

Looks interesting. But I heard it's not as good as its original Internal Affairs from reviews. And the music toward the end of the trailer was really off.
BabyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

Oh! THIS is the one based on Internal Affairs? Hmm...

But it's Scorcese! Hopefully he'll do it justice, if anyone would.

My LJ for Movies
Old 09-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm so excited for this movie. Mainly because it has so many talented actors in it - Jack Nicholson, Leonardo Dicaprio, Mark Wahlberg .. it's bound to be at least watchable. And not to mention, I love Dicaprio and Wahlberg with all my heart. But, yeah, I agree with the poster that said all of a sudden Mark Wahlberg is back and in everything! I'm not complaining though.
swear to shake it up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Master Fan

That was me, and let me officially welcome you to the boards! Hope you enjoy posting.

My LJ for Movies
Old 09-02-2006, 07:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Haha, oh, well then I agree with you! ;'D And thank you!
swear to shake it up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Moderator Support Team

I'll definitely go see this. It's not one I'm super excited about seeing, but I think it will be good.

Love Wahlberg..............so talented. He was off the radar for ahwile. Glad to see him in so many upcoming projects.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

The Departed (Martin Scorsese; SPOILERS)

Hey just wanted to see if anyone saw this movie.
Marissa: Thank You
behrlover18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

I literally just got back from watching this movie and all I can say is HOLY !#$@%!!!!!!!! This was one of the best movies that I have seen in years! I'm not a huge fan of gangster/violent films, but I thought that Scorcese did a great job of showing how the death and tragedy of their circumstances impacted both Leo and Matt's characters. And the last fifteen minutes left me a puddle on the floor; after Martin Sheen's character (Queenan?) died I was shocked, but the whole elevator scene in the last fifteen minutes left me a puddle on the floor.

I also came away really impressed with all of the actors, particularly Leonardo Dicaprio. I got an adrenaline rush watching him and I could feel his character's tension and fear in every scene. And Mark Wahlberg's detective was a scene stealer - the man's come a long way since those Calvin Klein ads in the 90's.
clarevoyent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

i saw it and loved it. i thought it was GREAT. definitely best movie i've seen besides click. and i thought leonardo dicaprio's acting was genius. everyone else did ffascniating in making everything coming alive so well. i loved it all
dark noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

I saw the movie as well and LOVED it. I think the acting was very good and I've always been a fan of Leonardo but he still surprised me... he's so good!
Jack Nicholson was great too, of course. For some reason everytime I see him, no matter what movie he's in, he looks like a psycho to me (can't get Shining out of my head I guess).
I felt so bad when Queenan (Martin Sheen) died! And then when Billy Costigan died too... I was shocked, lol. I totally didn't expect it to happen.

But I didn't even notice Mark Wahlberg in the movie! I must be retarded or something...
Old 10-13-2006, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Saw it yesterday and thought it was an amazing movie, thought it took a little while to get going, but once it did WOW

So didn't want Captain Queenan and Billy to die and glad that Sullivan did, had a feeling Mark Wahlberg's character was going to kill him

Awesome perforamances from all the actors, just Jack and Leo surprised me, he was brill as was Matt. Should win a lot of Oscars
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

wes&fred I agree that the film was kinda slow to start, and I also found it a bit long - Scorcese could have cut gratuitous scenes like Nicholson and his Scarfaceesque coke orgy without sacrificing any plot or characterization.

And I'm kinda curious - whose baby do you guys think it was? I'm leaning towards Billy's, esp given the scene between Colin and Madolyn that implied he had trouble performing (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).
clarevoyent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Moderator Support Team

Leo was brilliant in this!! I can't stress that enough. Wow! But, all the performances were stong especially Jack and Matt.

And yep, I think the baby was definitely Billy's.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread