Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2006, 12:13 PM
New Fan

Date Movie (2006) #1

Has anyone here saw Date Movie? I thought it was a really great new spoof movie, though parts of it were just kinda stupid. But overall, it is pretty funny, I liked the spoofs with Napoleon Dynamite and Paris Hilton!

vampkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

I watched it, but I didn't care for it much. I laughed a couple of times, but for the most part the movie fell flat for me. I'm the kind of person who doesn't really enjoy potty humor. There were several scenes that were just cringeworthy in how gross they were like the cat on the toilet. That went on for way too long.

Cassiel: If you'd known this was going to happen, would you have done it?
Seth: I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. ONE.
- City of Angels
Clewless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with you, Mecca. As much as I love Alyson Hannigan I just didnt find the movie that funny. There were maybe like two scenes out of the whole movie I laughed a little too. Oh yes, the cat in the toilet was gross, it would of been funny if it didnt go on and on for four minutes straight but it was more gross then anything, I ended up fastfowarding during that.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:16 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I didnt like it either, I just watched it.
Most of the gags were either way too long or repetative.
Merlin_Bodhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

This is just a bad movie overall.

What they should have done was made this movie as a real paradoy of romantic comedies in a tongue & cheek kind of way that takes itself seriously and not the Scary Movie, Mad TV, in-your-face-kind of way they decided to go.

Originally, Sarah Michelle Gellar was being courted for the original draft of the script -- Which is why she originally dropped out once she found out the original script had been trashed -- Which was exactly like I described above: A serious romantic comedy/drama which alluedes to other films in the genre, but in a seriocomic way instead of as an out-and-out spoof.

In addition, the entire movie is based around spoofing the forumula for rom coms and not rom coms themselves which would be a harder thing to do as the forumla of a rom com and the structure rom coms (and all films) follow are entirely two different things and this was the thing the writer of the original draft of "Romantic Comedy" (the films original title) nailed spot on... But alas, the studio decided to go for the gross-out, teen demographic and hired the writers of Scary Movie to do a rewrite which is why this movie is complete garbage.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:55 PM
Master Fan

The only part I actually laughed at was the ode to Napolean Dynamite.
Merlin_Bodhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsilentMajorty
Originally, Sarah Michelle Gellar was being courted for the original draft of the script -- Which is why she originally dropped out once she found out the original script had been trashed
Oh wow, I didnt know that. its interesting and kinda funny since Sarah and Alyson worked together before, and Alyson ended up being in it.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:50 PM
New Fan

Yeah I really enjoyed this movie. I caught it right after I saw Scary Movie 4, which was also really good. They both have the same kind of directing and humor, so if you like one of the two, you'll probably like the other.
shadowman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread