Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2015, 05:36 PM
Elite Fan

I think people are being too hard on Ben as Batman because of his flop "DareDevil" back in early 2000's.

He could be really fantastic in the role, so I'm not prejudging or going in with any preconcieved notions.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie May (View Post)
I think people are being too hard on Ben as Batman because of his flop "DareDevil" back in early 2000's.

He could be really fantastic in the role, so I'm not prejudging or going in with any preconcieved notions.
People just want to be on the bandwagon of hating. Ben Affleck has far many great movies to his name than stinkers. Same with every Batman. Heck, people hated Heath Ledger until he died and now he's everyone's favorite. People are followers. We haven't even seen a proper trailer for Affleck as Batman so no one can judge.
GardenSirens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

^^ Exactly and I don't think its fair to prejudge like people have been.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
^^ Exactly and I don't think its fair to prejudge like people have been.
as with all movies, time will tell how it not only performs when out...but over time, too.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:26 PM
Elite Fan

True. Ben is a good actor, but you have one movie flop and get labeled you know...well...Gigli wasn't too great either...
Old 03-03-2015, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
True. Ben is a good actor, but you have one movie flop and get labeled you know...well...Gigli wasn't too great either...
Flop all he wants....the man has 2 Oscars and nothing can take away those great movies!
Old 03-03-2015, 08:23 PM
Elite Fan

Well said.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Well said.
And that's it. No one has seen it, no one KNOWS how he'll do...so just shut up and enjoy the GD movie, lol.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:35 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

I have honestly only seen three films all the way through with Ben Affleck in it: Armageddon, Dogma and Jay & silent Bob Strike Back. Seen many clips and trailers over the years of the other films he has done in the meantime which were mostly meh to me.

Speculation is a killer. Let the publicity machine do its thang, wait until the first teaser is released then a few red band trailers.
Camibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:54 AM
Elite Fan

He's done some really great roles, and just because a movie isn't a blockbuster hit doesn't mean it's not a good film either.

Some critics are just there to give bad reviews too, so I just don't listen. I'd rather judge a film for myself.

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes when it comes to movies.

Anyway, with The Dark Knight Trilogy, a new respect for the way the films were made is what caught my attention. Nolan did an amazing job with these films and the standout was Ledger's Joker, not Batman, in my opinion.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camibra (View Post)
I have honestly only seen three films all the way through with Ben Affleck in it: Armageddon, Dogma and Jay & silent Bob Strike Back. Seen many clips and trailers over the years of the other films he has done in the meantime which were mostly meh to me.

Speculation is a killer. Let the publicity machine do its thang, wait until the first teaser is released then a few red band trailers.
Watch Mallrats and Chasing Amy (they're part of the Jersey saga that is Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob in order). Ben is so great in those. Such a D bag in Mallrats and then so, so amazing in Amy.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

I was never into those 'cult classics', Clerks, never liked, same with Chasing Amy, Mallrats etc...

Liked Dogma.

But we so need to to a re-watch of this series soon!
Old 06-24-2015, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

Ben Affleck to direct solo Batman film

Quote:
*Superman and Batman spinoffs were left off the slate – only appearing in a note which stated they will have their own solo films,*at some point. Now, it looks like the director, writer, and release date of*The Batman*– the project’s alleged title –*may have been revealed.
http:// http://screenrant.com/batman...-release-date/

Kindness makes you the most Beautiful person in the world, no matter what you look like.
lyndell75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Benedict Cumberbatch

That's exciting!!

I appreciate Ben Affleck as a director

~ Pari ~ addicted to brainies Icon by me
~ Jis_Bon ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
When it was announced that Ben Affleck would be the fifth actor ever to play the character on the big screen — sixth if you count Adam West in the 1966 movie based on the TV series — there was somewhat more than the expected speculative grumbling on the part of the Comic-Con chattering classes. Some wondered whether the filmmakers had made the right choice, and Affleck was one of them. “My first reaction was, ‘Are you sure?’ ” Affleck says. “At the time I was 40, 41, and had just finished Argo, and I felt like ‘This seems like a strange way to get to Batman.’ But Zack convinced me.”
Quote:
Another reason Affleck took the gig: It’s been awhile since he’s been in a production this big and he wanted to see how the gears turn on the inside. “I thought if I was going to direct a movie like this, which I would like to do at some point, I need to have something of a refresher course of how these movies are done,” says Affleck, who has been recently rumored to be in the running to direct himself in a standalone Batman movie.
Ben Affleck on being cast as Batman: 'My first reaction was, 'Are you sure?'' | EW.com

Kindness makes you the most Beautiful person in the world, no matter what you look like.
lyndell75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread