Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2004, 07:18 PM
Ultimate Fan

In The Cut (2003) #1

Has anybody seen this movie yet??it stars meg ryan,jennifer jason leigh,kevin bacon,and mark ruffalo...

Based on the best-selling novel by Susanna Moore, In the Cut is a psychological thriller starring Meg Ryan and directed by Jane Campion. Ryan plays a lonely New York woman who discovers the darker side of passion after becoming involved with a tough homicide detective who is investigating a series of murders in her neighborhood. Mark Ruffalo and Jennifer Jason Leigh co-star.
ScorpioGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:47 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I've seen it. I liked it all up until like the last 20 minutes. I liked the poetry, the words, it created a very good atmosphere for such an erotic thriller.

Nicole Kidman was going to play Frannie originally but Meg did a great job.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:11 AM
Ultimate Fan

did u see the R rated or unrated version??
Old 03-23-2004, 03:16 PM
Elite Fan

R rated. Unrated version wasn't up for renting at the time.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

i was going to see 'in the cut' at a theater (that's where i watch 99.9% of the films that i see) when it first came but for some reason i didn't...anyway...today i rented the dvd....(director's unrated cut, no pun intended)...are you wanting to know the difference between the "r" rated version and the unrated version?
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:04 AM
Absolute Fan

okay this is gonna be soo random but what the hey [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] My next door neighbour sooo looks like Kvin bacon.

Is the difference between the rated/unrated versions is what was cut out?
Old 03-24-2004, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by prettylittleroswellian:
<STRONG>Is the difference between the rated/unrated versions is what was cut out?</STRONG>
Not necessarily. Sometimes movies get edited to get a specific rating (maybe avoiding an NC-17). So the more violent/sexual scenes get edited to fit the specific determinations of the R or PG or whatever rating. Instead of just being cut because it does match, or help the movie somethings are left out until they can put it back in.

The stronger the rating the less commercial a film becomes.

[ 03-24-2004: Message edited ROCKSTAR ]
Old 03-24-2004, 11:04 AM
Ultimate Fan

I know what the difference is that the unrated version they show stuff that wasn't in the theatrical release which was R rated.i might be renting it tomorrow.it looks interesting the movie.mark ruffalo looks really hot in it too. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2004, 11:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by RoswellCutie86:
I know what the difference is that the unrated version they show stuff that wasn't in the theatrical release which was R rated.
really.....a film like 'in the cut' when it's released where i live (newport beach, california)....is released in the unrated version....just as the director meant it to be......but to be fair...the vast majority of these unrated films are released in "art house" theaters......these theaters have a more liberal policy as to whats shown.....i kind of think it's a shame that when you go to a theater you can't see a film the way it was made to be originally seen...

Quote:
i might be renting it tomorrow.it looks interesting the movie.mark ruffalo looks really hot in it too. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]
you might also check out mark in 'you can count on me' 'xx/xy' and the newest film that's he's involved with 'the eternal sunshine of the endless mind'.....i enjoyed all of these films...perhaps you might too.....
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:46 PM
Ultimate Fan

thankx.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] i want to see him in 13 going on 30 too..i know it isn't fair.when "in the cut" was out in the movie theaters it was rated R.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by mukooh:
<STRONG>

you might also check out mark in 'you can count on me' 'xx/xy' and the newest film that's he's involved with 'the eternal sunshine of the endless mind'.....i enjoyed all of these films...perhaps you might too.....</STRONG>
I didn't know you lived in Orange County! Actually, I think I remember you saying that a while back, but I am an airhead [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I haven't seen this movie yet, but it looks interesting. I love Kevin Bacon and didn't know he was in it.

Make Love, Not War
Stefanie
steffieweffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:11 AM
Ultimate Fan

i don't think he is in it long.he plays meg ryan's ex b/f.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:22 PM
Master Fan

I rented this movie this week because I enjoyed Mark Ruffalo so much in 13 Going on 30. All I have to say is that the movie was poorly edited and that Meg Ryan/Mark had absolutely ZERO sexual chemistry.
Lonely Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top