Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2005, 04:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Cube (1997) #1: Don't look for a reason. Look for a way out.

Has anyone seen this movie?

The sequels were lame, but the first Cube is really interesting.
OneGirlRevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:13 AM
Total Fan

I haven't seen this one, but I saw the sequel. Cube Zero or something like that. I liked it. It was really bizarre and had some really gory scenes.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Passionate Fan

Yes I saw this one. It's really creepy and stuff, but I liked it. I found it very original and thrilling.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

I saw 1 of them. Can't remember which 1. I think it was one of the sequels
Old 10-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

I was so sure I posted on this thread...

Anyway - I always wanted to see this film because it reminded me of a novel I read as a teen that seriously freaked me out, so I put it in my NetFlix queue. But it's near the bottom so it'll be a while before I see it (and no, I won't see a sequel).

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh this movie rocked! I loved it. I remember when me and my sister saw it at our video store for the first time and didnt know what to make out of it so we rented it thinking it would be cheesy but it was just the opposite. It was really good. The sequel was interesting as well but not as good at the first.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really liked the first one. I loved how they had to figure out which rooms were safe and wich ones were wicked. Some of those rooms were really freaky. You never knew what would happen.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
BleedingBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh I know, that was the freaky part. It kept me off the edge
My LJ
Old 10-05-2005, 11:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the shoe trick that they did. And I liked the girl with the glasses and the guy with the dark hair. And of course the gumdrop guy ( its been a while since ive seen the movie so I dont remember there names)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 10-05-2005, 11:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah same goes for me also. The shoe trick came in handy, that was a smart move. It was cool to see the slow guy and know that he wasnt like that before he was in the cube.
My LJ
Old 10-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Loyal Fan

I didn't like the sequels because I like the idea of not knowing the purpose of the cube, or if someone is watching them. It's fun to use our own imagination.

Some cool facts:

* Shot on a single 14'x14' set, made to look like many different cubes through the use of different-colored panels.

* All of the characters are named after prisons: Quentin (San Quentin, California), Holloway (England), Kazan (Russia), Rennes (France), Alderson (Alderson, West Virginia), Leaven and Worth (Leavenworth, Kansas).

* Not only are the characters named after prisons but they reflect the prisons themselves. Example: Kazan (the mentally challenged character), in Russia is a disorganized prison. Rennes (the "mentor") was a jail that pioneered many of today's prison policies. Quentin (the detective) is known for its brutality. Holloway is a women's prison, and Alderson is a prison where isolation is a common punishment. Leavenworth runs to a rigid set of rules (Leaven's mathematics), and the new prison is corporately owned and built (Worth, hired as an architect).

* To show their support for the Toronto film industry, the special effects company C.O.R.E. did the digital effects for free.

* Director Vincenzo Natali directed a follow-up short film in which we see what is outside the cube. Natali has made a solemn vow never to reveal what was outside the cube, and destroyed the video years ago.

* One of the earlier drafts of the script had the characters finding bizarre alien food. The idea was subsequently lost after it gave too clear a definition as to who was responsible for the cube.

* Leaven's broken glasses were cut in the same pattern as the panels on the walls of the cube. The idea was to show that everything in the environment was completely controlled.

* The handles on all the hatches are industrial die holders used for cutting threads on rods and available in any hardware shop.
OneGirlRevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This movie was awesome.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 12-17-2014, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh wow, thanks for bumping this up. I remember at first thinking this movie was going to be bad but it turned out to be a pretty good movie! Look at our old posts
My LJ
Reply   Post New Thread