Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2005, 02:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved The Great Gatsby with Robert Redford. It was really amazing.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 04:55 PM
Addicted Fan

I havn't seen Gone With the Wind!

:~)
Old 08-21-2005, 06:30 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samweed Knightly
I havn't seen Gone With the Wind!

I haven't seen it either. I feel kind of guilty about that. I don't think I can call my self a classic movie fan since I haven't seen that yet.
Holli7555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 08:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, I don't know. I started to watch it but didn't like it all to much. So I stoped I own it maybe I'll watch it all one of these days.

Old 08-21-2005, 08:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holli7555
I haven't seen it either. I feel kind of guilty about that. I don't think I can call my self a classic movie fan since I haven't seen that yet.
Omg, GWTW is one of my all-time favorite movies. It is just incredible. Must watch it.

I have a few avies I made that I've posted before...
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 09:02 PM
New Fan

I haven't seen many classic films, and I would love to give it a try. The only movies I've seen in black and white were Dracula (in English Class, the 1920s one) and Dial M for Murder which I hardly remember. I've seen bits and pieces of movies on the tv, but I don't recall what.
sombras19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 07:27 AM
Passionate Fan

Gone With the Wind is an incredible film, greatly adapted from the book with a perfect cast. It's really exceptional. If you're thinking it'll be a dull stuffy film, watch it and you'll think differently. I thought the same. If you're intimidated by the length, do what I did the first time I watched it. Watch disk one the first day and disk two the second.

sombras19, did you see Nosferatu? That is the first surviving Dracula movie. Bram Stoker's family wanted all of the copies destroyed because it was made based on the novel without purchasing the rights to it. It's a strange film, but pretty creepy at times. One cool fact about it: there are tazmanian wolves in the movie, an animal that went extinct in the 1930s.
"I'm just trying to be really considerate. I've never really done it before but I'm going to give it a shot. You know, I've seen it done and I've read about it so I'm going to try to be nice." ~Will, Big Brother 2
Maliejandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Elite Fan

It is quite long, but GWTW is worth it.
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm a HUGE classic movie fan. My favorite era I think would have to be the 30's followed by the 40's. My very favorites are Fred Astaire and Audrey Hepburn but I also love Marilyn Monroe, Jean Harlow, William Powell, Barbara Stanwyck, Humphrey Bogart, Natalie Wood, Paul Newman, James Dean, Vivien Leigh, Ginger Rogers, Lucille Ball, Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant, Clark Gable, Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy, William Holdin, Claudette Colbert and finally I'm getting really into Robert Taylor as well.
My very favorite movie is My Fair Lady. Others I love are: Gone With The Wind, Sunset Boulevard, Waterloo Bridge (if you love Vivien Leigh you must see it), Somebody Up There Likes Me, East Of Eden, all Fred and Ginger movies, Casablanca, The Big Sleep, The Thin Man, Penny Serenade, Notorious, and Psycho. I also love The Music Box which is a classic comedy short with Laurel and Hardy.

i love the Gone With The Wind icons.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:01 PM
Addicted Fan

How many people here have seen Guys and Dolls? I love that movie. I like the song Luck Be a Lady.

Old 08-23-2005, 09:34 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliejandra
Gone With the Wind is an incredible film, greatly adapted from the book with a perfect cast. It's really exceptional. If you're thinking it'll be a dull stuffy film, watch it and you'll think differently. I thought the same. If you're intimidated by the length, do what I did the first time I watched it. Watch disk one the first day and disk two the second.

sombras19, did you see Nosferatu? That is the first surviving Dracula movie. Bram Stoker's family wanted all of the copies destroyed because it was made based on the novel without purchasing the rights to it. It's a strange film, but pretty creepy at times. One cool fact about it: there are tazmanian wolves in the movie, an animal that went extinct in the 1930s.
No I haven't seen it, but it seems quite interesting.
sombras19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 10:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

oops....
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 10:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samweed Knightly
How many people here have seen Guys and Dolls? I love that movie. I like the song Luck Be a Lady.

a poster for your thoughts....

went to the library today....picked up a book on classic films...it's by afton fraser.....(brendan fraser's wife)....highlights more than a few films.... a good introduction to these films for the beginner....

mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 10:51 PM
New Fan

Next time I go to the library I am going to look for that book.
Holli7555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 02:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Hmm, don't kill me but I saw Gone with the Wind once and never wanted to watch it again. True, the visual quality is just outstanding for a movie in 30s and what I like about the character Scarlett O Hara isn't all the epitome of all that is chaste and holy and it was a lot more realistic. But after watching the movie, I was left exhausted. Basically, for me it is a good movie, but well, not to be watched weekly.
deeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top