Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2008, 05:00 AM
Absolute Fan

I think it'll do great and will probably make up for the money they lost in the US when compared to what the 1st film made in the US. You guys hear the UK premier sold out?! It was the biggest premier they ever had!
Old 06-22-2008, 06:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Wasn't it the largest movie premiere ever? Or was it just the biggest in the UK? 10,000 people.......it was quite an event. And then they all went to France for the big premiere there.

Forever mourning the loss of Arrested Development!
Old 06-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Huskers! (View Post)
Wasn't it the largest movie premiere ever? Or was it just the biggest in the UK? 10,000 people.......it was quite an event. And then they all went to France for the big premiere there.
I don't think it was the biggest premier ever but it definately was the biggest in the UK which is still pretty huge!
Old 06-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

wow..i'm gonna track down pics from that premiere now.
Hope the movie does really well in the UK!
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
Old 06-26-2008, 01:51 AM
Extreme Fan

It's out in the UK today and i'm going to go see it this afternoon and i'm soooooo looking forward to it

Icon Credit: kankonkine on LJ
Old 06-26-2008, 06:08 AM
Loyal Fan

I still haven't seen this. A bunch of my friends love the 2 guys in it and have seen it 3 or 4 times, but whenever they go I seem to be busy. I'll probably wait for it to come out on DVD.

Save the Johnny Depp Board
Old 06-26-2008, 12:34 PM
New Fan

Saw it. Thought it was not bad. It took a while to get going though, but once the battle got started, it was very exciting. My fave scheme is when the army went underground and created a sink hole.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie8you (View Post)
I still haven't seen this. A bunch of my friends love the 2 guys in it and have seen it 3 or 4 times, but whenever they go I seem to be busy. I'll probably wait for it to come out on DVD.

You should really go and see it at the theater. Some of the scenes are quite epic and they'll lose their magic a bit if you don't see it on the big screen. But perhaps you have a large in-home theater?!

Old 06-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Just seen it today and i loved it definately lived up to the standards of the first - the further actions was like woah made it more interesting than the book

Old 06-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hadn't read the book, but it was a really good movie.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:17 AM
Extreme Fan

That another thing about it even if you haven't read the book it's a great movie so hopefully people who haven't read the books will see it

Old 06-27-2008, 07:38 AM
Extreme Fan

I read all the books. Of the entire series, Prince Caspian was my least favorite, but I LOVED the movie! There are people who complain that the movie strayed too far from the book, but I personally think that the film was a better adaptation of the story.

What was so wonderful about C.S. Lewis is that he left so much up to your imagination.......he didn't bog down his stories with lots of details. I think the movie has added a lot of needed depth and texture to the Prince Caspian story.

Just my opinion.......but I wanted to share it. I think too many enthusiasts of the book are missing the point when it comes to the film adaptation and are over-critical. People who have never read the book seem to be quite pleased with the movie because they're enjoying it for what it is and not making comparisons.

Last edited by Go Huskers!; 06-29-2008 at 06:09 PM
Old 06-27-2008, 08:42 AM
Extreme Fan

I agree with you Go Huskers! the film did add lots to the storyline and for the better and characters were devloped further, in my opinion Susan especially. I think with book adaptations, whatever type of movie it is, as long as the director and producers stick near enough to the main storyline fans shouldn't complain too much and they should remember that its only the directors perspective of the events. Woah that's like a mini essay, how to conclude

Woooo Go Prince Caspian the movie

Old 06-27-2008, 11:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Huskers! (View Post)
I read all the books. Of the entire series, Prince Caspian was my least favorite, but I LOVED the movie! There are people who complain that the movie strayed too far from the book, but I personally think that the film was a better adaptation of the story.

What was so wonderful about C.S. Lewis is that he left so much up to your imagination.......he didn't bog down his stories was lots of details. I think the movie has added a lot of needed depth and texture to the Prince Caspian story.

Just my opinion.......but I wanted to share it. I think too many enthusiasts of the book are missing the point when it comes to the film adaptation and are over-critical. People who have never read the book seem to be quite pleased with the movie because they're enjoying it for what it is and not making comparisons.
thank you! i totally agree with everything on this post!

Caspian&Susan | Lucas&Peyton | Nate&Serena | Snow White&Eric (Huntsman) | Gale&Katniss | Emma&Captain Hook
Old 06-27-2008, 11:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

I saw it again tonight for the 3rd time. I`m in love with this movie, and the first one as well. I saw this one before the first one, so I was REALLY confused, but then I saw it, and enjoyed 10 times more.
William Moseley is an AMAZING actor, and I`m sad that this was his last Narnia flim, but it will be great seeing him in something new.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread