Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2005, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Can't Hardly Wait (1998) #1 - "Here's to the night!"

Hey guys! So, I checked the Master List & I didn't see a thread for what I think was one of the best Coming-of-Age/Teen Movies ever, so walla!

I love this movie so much! How can you not love Preston, Kenny, Denise, & Amanda?!
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 04:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Definately one of my favorite teen movies ever. I love the part when the geeky guy and Amanda's ex-boyfriend end up bonding.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Willam & Mike, yeah, omg, the scene where they're hugging while BoysIIMen's "I'll Make Love to You" is playing in the background is hilarious!
Old 03-26-2005, 08:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

I love Kenny!!!! the bathroom scenes are my fav in the movie
WildAtHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They were my favs too, Kenny was just the BEST!
Old 03-27-2005, 12:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAtHeart
I love Kenny!!!! the bathroom scenes are my fav in the movie
I have to agree that was one of my favorite scenes!! Especially when he is getting all ready to have sex, and he gets his pants wet. So he sitting there dancing and blowdrying the pants. I think if I were Denise I would have freaked out too!! LOL

Claire:"Today I realized I really like Charlie. There's something about him that's so adorable and sweet."
Spike:"Everynight I save you."
Nip/Tuck:"Beauty is a curse on the world. It keeps us from seeing who the real monsters are."
Jeanene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved him doing his lil' dance in front of the mirror, lol.

Omg & his "I better double bag it, I don't know where dat' girl been."
Old 03-27-2005, 04:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Girlie you didn't mention loving William...did you not like him? I thought he was so funny! I have to admit I thought it was funny when he and Mike Dexter were drunk, and Mike goes:
"I'm a loser. I broke up with the hottest girl in school, my friends all sold me out... and somebody in there just called me a fag!"
The way Peter Facinelli said that line cracked me up!!

But Kenny and Denise were my favorite by far though. I loved when Denise and Preston where talkinga bout Kenny....and he was looking in the mirror and dancing, when Denis said "Looks like someone's auditioning for Soul Train!"

Claire:"Today I realized I really like Charlie. There's something about him that's so adorable and sweet."
Spike:"Everynight I save you."
Nip/Tuck:"Beauty is a curse on the world. It keeps us from seeing who the real monsters are."
Jeanene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanene
Girlie you didn't mention loving William...did you not like him? I thought he was so funny! I have to admit I thought it was funny when he and Mike Dexter were drunk, and Mike goes:
"I'm a loser. I broke up with the hottest girl in school, my friends all sold me out... and somebody in there just called me a fag!"
The way Peter Facinelli said that line cracked me up!!

But Kenny and Denise were my favorite by far though. I loved when Denise and Preston where talkinga bout Kenny....and he was looking in the mirror and dancing, when Denis said "Looks like someone's auditioning for Soul Train!"

William was ok, & I loved him having that one night to be cool, & loved how he ended up w/a supermodel, lol- but he wasn't a fav. fave-fave of mine. But omg, that part cracks me up & then when Mike hugs him while BoysIIMen's "I'll Make Love to You" is playing in the background, LOL.

Kenny, Preston, & Denise were my fave-fave's, oh & Amanda was sweet too.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Absolute Fan

My sister and I always talk about this movie as being one of the most underrated teen movies of the many teen movies that exploded at this time. I like this movie better than 'She's All That' and 'Whatever it Takes'...that kind of stuff. It's just funny. Kenny is probably my favorite "Yo, I gotsta have sex tonight!" Funny stuff. I wish they could make another DVD of the uncut movie and put all the stuff back.
gotmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmilk
My sister and I always talk about this movie as being one of the most underrated teen movies of the many teen movies that exploded at this time. I like this movie better than 'She's All That' and 'Whatever it Takes'...that kind of stuff. It's just funny. Kenny is probably my favorite "Yo, I gotsta have sex tonight!" Funny stuff. I wish they could make another DVD of the uncut movie and put all the stuff back.
ITA, this was one of the most underrated Teen Movies & it was totally better than She's All That!
Old 03-28-2005, 08:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

it is underrated! that was 1 of the few teen movies that actually seemed real. other teen movies just seem so.....polished?..is that what i'm trying to say?
WildAtHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAtHeart
it is underrated! that was 1 of the few teen movies that actually seemed real. other teen movies just seem so.....polished?..is that what i'm trying to say?
I totally get that, it was so relatable & I'm sure everyone could see themselves in at least one of those characters, whether we're a:

Preston
Amanda
Kenny
Denise
Mike
William
Old 03-29-2005, 06:08 AM
Elite Fan

OMG! I love this movie so much. Such a great cast too
Old 03-29-2005, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend