Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2005, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Trailer!!

Sasha
S.A.S.H.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 07:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

This is one of the very few mainstream Gay Themed films to be made with recognizable names (Ledger; Gyllenhall; Hathaway; Williams; Quaid) and it is about time.

Unfortunately, the climate of this country will serverely hamper this film's success. Expect that motherfcker Fred Phelps (God Hates Fags) and his Nazis to protest it wherever it premieres -- That is, unless they aren't busy desecrating the funerals of Gay soldiers who died in Iraq giving them the very freedom to be such arseholes
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 07:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hmmm, yeah, I read somewhere that the gay love scenes will probably be cut out of the film to appease censors and stuff. Stupid, given that's it's fine for "normal" sex scenes to be obscene but gay men can't have sex at all!
lizbuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 10:19 AM
Extreme Fan

I can't wait for this movie. It's a bonus that Heath, Michelle and Jake are in it but I'm mostly interested because it's an Ang Lee movie. Lee = FilmGod.

Cutting out some scenes?! Huh. But that's only for the US? Please tell me it is. I don't think they often cut such stuff for Europe, right?
greetvdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

If they cut those scenes I hope that they are at least included in the DVD.

Icons and caps.

Sasha
Old 08-28-2005, 03:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hmmmmm, I'm not sure about Europe. And mainland Europe is more tolerant than the UK, so there might be differences between the two. I honestly don't know.
lizbuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 05:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

It sounds really good!

and i trust the director so hopefully the love scenes wont be entirely deleted!

JackersandJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 10:13 AM
Master Fan

I am just waiting for this movie to come out...it's about time that there was a serious mainstream movie featuring a same-sex couple...and hey, if it's Jake and Heath, all the better! Im seeing this when it comes out, for sure.
Vacate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 11:43 PM
Master Fan

I'm glad that this movie was made, same-sex couples are useally the best friends or sidekicks in mainstream movies.

And when the same-sex couple in the main, it's useally an independent film that doesn't get much attention. It's good that this movie will put same-sex couples in the mainstream and it will be a real relationship with ups and downs.

This looks like a nicely made movie, Ang Lee is a good director of emotional movies like this. I recomend a movie he directed, The Wedding Banquet. It's a wonderful film, the two men have a real relationship, not some sterotypical of what a gay couple should be. All the characters deal with the reality instead of living in denial. Both of the parents come to a different acceptance of their son's lifestyle and his romantic partner.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, I saw The Wedding Banquet. It was good! I also liked Pushing Hands.
greetvdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

Today I saw the Brokeback Mountain Press Conference. Jack and Heath are really cool! Jake is a really funny guy!
The critics adore this movie and I'm really curious to see it.

BC photocall in Venice - 090205

BC cast

Jack and Heath

Gio Gio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cool!

Gay cowboy film rides into Venice festival

Gay cowboy film likely to upset conservative US

Sasha
Old 09-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Pretty pics from Brokeback Mountain.

Sasha
Old 09-05-2005, 12:52 PM
New Fan

Oh, wow! I so can't wait for this movie. I've known about it for quit sometime now and ever since I found out Jake and Heath were gonna be in it, that only made me want to see it more. I read the short story and it is a beautiful love story, so I can't wait to see how they put it on screen. The trailer looks fantastic...the film itself looks fantastic, with gorgeous cinematography. And I'm sure Lee's film version will remain true to the novel.
fandomgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizbuf
Hmmm, yeah, I read somewhere that the gay love scenes will probably be cut out of the film to appease censors and stuff. Stupid, given that's it's fine for "normal" sex scenes to be obscene but gay men can't have sex at all!
*sighs* ... this is the conservative U.S. unfortunately. hopefully with all these gay themed movies coming out, the country becomes just accepting of the ways.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top