Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by taovande (View Post)
In the book the fantasy part is a very small piece of the book. I'm thinking the movie may enlarge that part a bit to get an audience in.
yeah. I think after Narnia made so much money, the studio wants that success to happen again.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin_Bodhi (View Post)
The Trailer scares me, this is my favorite book like ever.
Dont let it scare you -- I got to see this film early and LOVED it! It was very true to to the book and I dont think you booklovers will dissappointed. I was not at all. I think they did a great job of illustrating Terabithia and I loved seeing Leslie and Jess' friendship form. It was just so good...definite must see that all ages can enjoy.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

I want to see this movie this weekend.
Bella Grint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for reporting about the movie.

Can't wait to see it.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWalker (View Post)
I love Zooey!

I'm looking forward to seeing this.
DreamWalker, I thought you enjoy this AIM interview with Zooey -- she seems so down to earth...love how she said josh hutcherson and annasophia were more mature than her -- haha. Enjoy:

Zooey Deschanel: 'Bridge to Terabithia' AIM interview - Moviefone
Old 02-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

who does she play in the movie?
Old 02-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

She plays the music teacher who Jess has a little crush on -- she is great in the film!
Old 02-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Im actually pretty excited to see this movie. After watching the Disney channel and seeing the behind the scenes alot of times, it actually looks pretty good.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

This movie was so good that I wished it didn't follow the ending of the book. However, the only thing that I didn't like was there was no real closer for Jess/Leslie.

I just didn't feel the ending (I won't give it away for those who haven't seen it) because it felt hollow. I wanted more f a journey of Jess' feelings which I didn't get the way it was shot and edited.
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
jayta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

millivanilli - Thanks so much. I loved the Zooey interview.

I saw the movie this past weekend and adored it. But, I hadn't read the book, so OMG, I was ripped. Cried my eyes out. Such a great movie and will buy on DVD for sure.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:52 PM
Elite Fan

I was supposed to see the movie last weekend, we even made it to the theater, then there were freakin' fire alarms and my mother freaked (going to the movies on your own sucks ) so we left. We're supposed to go this weekend now, but when we didn't get to go, I was ticked off so I got the book. Finished it today... Now I can't wait...
Starfield_Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Elite Fan

Terabithia is my new favorite movie. I fell in love with it when I saw it last weekend and am anxiously awaiting the DVD (June '07 by the way ). I'm actually listening to the soundtrack now, hehe.
obsession as an art form is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:43 AM
New Fan

I saw Bridge to Terabithia last Saturday and I loved it! I was frightened to go see it both from the previews, whcih made it look like a different story, and because I'm Lisa's older sister. I was nervous about how I'd react to the movie. If you remember, the book was dedicated to David Paterson, the author's son, and Lisa Hill. My sister Lisa's life and friendship with David were the basis for Leslie Burke's character. As it turned out, the movie was really well done and a real tribute to David and Lisa.

If you know anyone interested in a one-of-a-kind collectible, I'm selling my signed first edition copy of my Bridge to Terabithia book on Amazon.com.

Amazon.com -zShops: Bridge to Terabithia [Hardcover] by Paterson, Katherine; Diamond, Donna

First Edition/ signed by the author, dedication reads "For Annie Hill - Lisa's sister and our friend - With special love - Katherine Paterson 2/19/79". This dedication is significant because the book is dedicated to David Paterson and Lisa Hill. It's this Lisa that's mentioned in this hand written endorsement. I am Lisa's sister. Lisa's life and friendship with Katherine Paterson's son, David, are the basis for the character of Leslie Burke in the book and subsequent movie. The dust jacket is torn and worn. Text clean and binding tight. This is a one of a kind first edition copy of this now classic novel.
Annie_Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Master Fan

I saw this movie last Sat and it was wonderful, I loved it. Not too different from the book so just right
Old 03-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

I saw it too Bella! It was awesome. It is my new favorite movie. I wanted to go see it again today but it was playing too late.

My favorite parts were usually with them on the bus, the music class, or of course in Terabithia.

Jess/Leslie are soo cute. I so thought the rain scene was an indication that Jess/Leslie developed crushes on one another.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top