Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2005, 11:10 PM
New Fan

Bride and Prejudice (2004) #1

Hi Everyone,

Couldn't find a thread for this movie so I thought I would start one and see if anyone else was interested.

I loved it and have seen it 3 times at the movies and may even go again. Not sure what I liked about it so much just thought it was light hearted and a bit of fun.

What does anyone else think?
AaLlIiEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I saw a preview for this movie! It looks really cute! But I havent gotten around to seeing it yet
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 03:06 AM
New Fan

Well if you get a chance I think you should go - if you like romance/comedy/bollywood type films.

Can't wait till it comes out on DVD here in australia - but seeing as it only came out at the movies I'd say it will be a few months.
AaLlIiEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 10:43 AM
Master Fan

I enjoyed it !! Very light , colorful and funny in places.
Good movie Tho' could have done without the songs (boring)
Old 02-25-2005, 05:12 PM
Master Fan

Hi, AaLlIiEe - we've actually been discussing the movie on the Hindi Movie Thread since it's technically part of that genre, but as it's more mainstream it's great that it has it's own thread.

I plan on seeing it, of course, but I'm sort of dreading it because from all the Hindi movie sources I've heard that it sort of mocks Hindi films and that the English songs don't translate at all well to the mainstream. I just don't want it to be considered representative of Hindi movies...

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

AaLlIiEe- I actually do enjoy all those genre of movies so I shall see this one, Thanks for the heads up
My LJ
Old 02-26-2005, 05:41 PM
Master Fan

Saw it. It was pretty good. Not as good as Becks but still pretty good.

Gotta love Bollywood.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:43 PM
Addicted Fan

I saw it today, and it was...okay. I have seen some Hindi movies before so I know about the whole random-bursting-into-song thing, but it was kinda off. My Indian friend who I saw it with thinks that it was intended to be making fun of Hindi movies but I couldn't really tell.

I didn't like the way they had Mr. Darcy - the actor who played him was hot, but they made him too nice. Even during the beginning when he's supposed to be a totally arrogant jackass, he didn't come off that way. And it was soooo weird seeing Naveen Andrews (who, up until now, I have only known as Sayid on Lost) suddenly start dancing around and singing...hee. 'Cause I was really seeing him more as Sayid than as his movie character.

icon credit
alli balli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 02:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

This movie was AWESOME!! Musical, colorful, and it didn't drag like most movies! And it was not something I see in everyday movies! So it was nice to see a change!

All in all, a CUTE and happy movie for all!! 2 Thumbs UP!
PinkPearl108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 10:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alli balli
I didn't like the way they had Mr. Darcy - the actor who played him was hot, but they made him too nice. Even during the beginning when he's supposed to be a totally arrogant jackass, he didn't come off that way.
I totally agree! Darcy didn't go through a character change AT ALL, and that is one of the most essential parts of P&P, in my opinion at least. They made him a very nice, misunderstood guy--not proud at all.

However, I like this movie because of its'lightness' and humor. The snake dance is HILARIOUS

Michelle

[Icon: eyesthatslay]
Elithraniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I finally got around to watching this movie last night. I had no idea who was in the movie prior to watching it, so as soon as it started and I saw Mr. Bingley I got all giddy and said, "Sayid!" I recognized Mr. Wickham from Spiderman 2 and Alexis Bledel right away, but I couldn't think of where I'd seen Mr. Darcy before. It kept bugging me all night until I looked it up and figured out that I remember him from The Ring. Overall, I enjoyed the movie. It was a nice alternative to Pride and Prejudice.

Sasha
S.A.S.H.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And it was soooo weird seeing Naveen Andrews (who, up until now, I have only known as Sayid on Lost) suddenly start dancing around and singing...hee. 'Cause I was really seeing him more as Sayid than as his movie character.
omg I really have to see this movie now just for that!
My LJ
Old 03-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
And it was soooo weird seeing Naveen Andrews (who, up until now, I have only known as Sayid on Lost) suddenly start dancing around and singing...hee. 'Cause I was really seeing him more as Sayid than as his movie character.
ITA! dude. i was sooooo rolling in the asiles! dude I've only seen him in the english patient (sooooooo serious) and in LOST (still very serious) so when he busted out with a song and dance in the first 20 minutes, i was so cracking up man. OMG. freaking funny

I haven't read the book or seen a faitful depiction of the story, but I think the Mr. Darcy just seemed to be casted all wrong. He was so stiff, and to be honest I didn't think he was all that hot, slap on some british or scottish accent and his points go up by a bit...but really not that hot.

I'm hoping someone here can help me PLEAAAAAASE! When I went to see it, of course there were trailers, and one of them was of this french movie....and I can't for the life of me remember the name...so i'm wondering if you guys remember anything about it that would help me, I would really like to see it, but it's kinda difficult if you don't know the name bah!

It was a subtitled movie, but I totally forget the name, if someone could point me in the direction of a site with a list of upcomming foreign films, or a place with a bunch of foreign film trailers...it would be so helpful!

I have such a crappy memory gah, but from what I remember [just little snippits of the trailer] there is this french girl, and she has a boy friend named sebastian (her father says fabian, and when the daughter corrects him he goes.."well i got the -ian right" ) uhm, another part I remember was when the guy looked pretty down, and the father walks by and goes "there's cynaide in the bathroom" ....I remember the funny parts, but none of the important parts like the production company...or the name of the title! gah. so any help would be awesome thx!

It's about a daughter of a famous french man, the father's kinda dodgy and there's a performance his daughter sings in, but he left like three minutes into it, and...that was it..any help would be great

Thank you Lemurian
icon by: Bleeding_Muse
"Well he won't be so happy when he discovers his wife is a fruit-munching monster! -Merlin
Teriberri21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 03:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

I recently rented this movie and enjoyed it so much that I bought the DVD the next day and have already watched it three times. While I thought the ending was abit abrupt and Lalita fell inlove with Darcy too quickly, I loved this movie. It wasn't over taxing or edge of your seat or made your mind work, but, it was an entertaining, lovely, cute, colourful and cheerful movie that entertained me and left me smiling which is what movies are supposed to do.

While the songs took abit of getting used to the first time, it didn't really bother me the others times and enhanced the film. Darcy and Lalita had such great chemistry, Martin Henderson was georgeous and suitably intense and brooding for the part, the songs were lively and such bright colours and it was so funny. I loved the song No Life Without Wife and the scene afterwards when Darcy grabs her in the rain. I also enjoyed the deleted song Arrogance, Pride and Vanity and thought some of the deleted scenes would have worked better in the movie.

Can anyone recommend other movies like this? Thanks
Old 05-02-2005, 04:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

I really enjoyed this film so I thought it would be good and amusing - if nothing else - if they tried the same thing with Sense and Sensibility and Emma