Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Bomb the System (2002) #1

Check the trailer to this indie I hear is coming out in the fall. It had trouble getting distribution because it had the phrase "Bomb" in the title.

http://www.bombthesystem.com

You can tell by the trailer it is well photographed hottieland with a thumping hip-hop sountrack. At least the movie should be enjoyable enough if the story is crap, LOL!

Last edited by Mi||iê Måë; 10-22-2018 at 07:05 PM
dreammuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't know if anyone cares but I fixed the link. Has anyone heard anything else about this film?
Old 07-13-2004, 03:43 PM
Master Fan

I haven't heard a thing about it, but I'm always interested in new movies though and will definitely check out the trailer (thanks for the link!).
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh, I just learned. It's coming out April 8th 2005. It''s won a ton of awards and it's in the popular hip-hop genre, so I hope they at least TRY to give it a wide release.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

It's doubtful unless it develops a cult following, unfortunately. :-/

My LJ for Movies
Old 01-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreammuffin
Oh, I just learned. It's coming out April 8th 2005. It''s won a ton of awards and it's in the popular hip-hop genre, so I hope they at least TRY to give it a wide release.

oh you kind of mean like the film 'you got served'??????......
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:20 PM
Master Fan

Is that a joke, missy? As entertaining as the dancing was that movie was almost impossible to sit through.

Here's hoping BTS is not like that (although from the awards it doesn't seem like it).

My LJ for Movies
Old 01-12-2005, 11:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrrshrr
Is that a joke, missy? As entertaining as the dancing was that movie was almost impossible to sit through.

yes it was................i was just curious if it would get a response...i wondered if anyone had actually seen it.....i can remember seeing the trailer for that particular film in a theater...oh not so long ago....and then not long after that i saw it for rent at my favorite video store....

but to tell the truth my favorite film about hip-hop is actually a very sweet film...it's called 'brown sugar' (2002)...........
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

Hee! I know.

Brown Sugar? I'll take a look at it. But that means there really is a "Hip-Hop" genre...that's interesting because I've barely heard of most of these films (which isn't all that surprising).

Back when I belonged to Blockbuster I'd go to this one store that was in a predominantly ethnic neighborhood and it carried entirely different films from the one in the predominantly white neighborhood a couple miles away - and both were equadistant from my house.

I often saw titles there that I'd never heard of but which were huge in certain communities. This might be like that...

My LJ for Movies
Old 05-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

I guess they changed the limited release opening date to this weekend. There is a ten minute clip of "Bomb The System" on movieweb but I can't share it here because it has naked people bouncing around in it.

They talk about a hip-hop "genre" in films so I guess they must have one, however underserved it is. The're are alot of cool sounding films coming out that would fit it however. "Hustel and Flow" sounds awesome to.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:19 PM
New Fan

Bomb the System

Hey has anybody else seen the movie Bomb the System. It is an indie film about the lives of grafitti artist in the city of New York. I learned about the movie from my friend who is an intern at Universal. The movie very entertaining and I think that it does a good job show what life would be like if you were a tagger. If you want to see you can check out the trailer at bombthesystem.com. Tell me what you think.
big_dman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

Hello! We do have a thread for this movie's trailer here.

This is a problem with threads for movies and others for only their trailers. I'll have a talk with my amazing co-mod to see if we merge the threads for the same movies or leave it like it is.