Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2018, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great video!
Old 11-04-2018, 05:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

That video always makes me so wistful. I will forever be impressed by Freddie's determination to make as much music as he could before his death. He went out his own way and with such a legacy.
CatFoley16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)
Yes. More than that it was visually amazing how the camera would sweep over the heads of the crowd, and then be on the stage with the band. Also it was the way they just played the songs, and as an audience member I was enjoying the concert as much someone who'd been there in 1985. I desperately wanted to sing along and clap and all the rest of it. I was tapping my foot and swaying in my seat, though.
I agree and I totally sang along to We Are The Champions I mean how can you not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatFoley16 (View Post)
Thanks for all the news and the deleted scenes info.
I saw this last night and it was really great! I can't wait to see it again in the theater. It will be my first one that I see multiple times there instead of just once and buying it later. Of course I will be buying this on DVD/Blu-Ray/whatever its released on lol.

My deeper thoughts on it: Like I say above, it was really awesome. I loved it from the opening 20th Century Fox music because
Spoiler:
The re-creation of LiveAid was so epic. They cast the band members very, very well. I was blown away by Rami's portrayal of Freddie, but the guy who played Brian was top notch and the guy who played John even had some of his snarky looks down lol. They played with the timeline of certain things happening which I caught on to as a mega fan. All in all, it was so great. I teared up a few times and laughed out lough heavily in others. I highly recommend this movie!
I agree that Rami did an amazing job portraying Freddie and it was real easy to get lost in his performance and I really liked the actors who portrayed the rest of the band members

Spoiler:

it was really interesting for me as someone who wasn't familiar with his backstory to watch this film

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
Agree the Final scene at Live Aid , The Director had the scene down to the drinks on the piano to every move Freddy made during the concert .
Glad they didn’t dwell on him having AIDS and his final years . How Freddy wanted to live his life to the end .
same

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 11-04-2018 at 10:41 PM
atwoodsmariano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 02:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw the movie yesterday with my friend. It was amazing. Even my friend who doesn't know much about Queen, Mercury and only knows two or three songs was amazed and got goosebumps. I'm planning to see it again with my mother today. It was so good!
Rami Malek did an awesome job.

Elif_ZV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

ah that's cooL! Especially if you wanna rewatch so quickly! That's a good sign!

Good to see all the good stories about the movie

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I found this video interesting, if anyone here is unfamiliar with the real story and how it differs in the film, they are explained here. I knew the band didn't come close to splitting up, and the other things mentioned here, but I didn't mind, that they'd made the story a bit more dramatic, as it did work for a movie.

Old 11-05-2018, 01:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

after I watched the movie I read an article yesterday about the differences between fact and fiction
Old 11-05-2018, 04:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the video. I was aware of all those changes except for the eye color change. I honestly couldn't tell that from where I sat in the theater to watch the movie. Also, I don't think it was that big of a deal. Overall, the creators did very well at bringing Freddie and the band's story to life. I would have liked to see a bit more of their story after LiveAid but I get why they ended on such a triumphant note.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:41 AM
Master Fan

LightYears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks!

Old 11-07-2018, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I went to see the movie for the second time with my mom She loved it. She is such a big fan of Freddie Mercury. She said she felt like she is at the concert

Elif_ZV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

Old 11-08-2018, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elif_ZV (View Post)
I went to see the movie for the second time with my mom She loved it. She is such a big fan of Freddie Mercury. She said she felt like she is at the concert
cool! glad you both enjoyed it!

Old 11-15-2018, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The song Bohemian Raspsody has , as of 11.17 once again hit the Billboard charts at #33
https://www.billboard.com/amp/articl...e-1999-hot-100
Movie now at 311+ million Wordwide after 2.5 weeks Box Office
Old 11-15-2018, 05:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

That's so awesome that the song has hit the charts a 3rd time.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top