Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyssaHP88 (View Post)
My mother had this movie on repeat at some point.... we used to watch it all the time together. Whitney was amazing in this movie, especially considering it was her first big acting gig. Bodyguard is in my Top 3 for sure (which also includes Pretty Woman and Dirty Dancing)

Whenever I have a bad day, or feel down... I pop in this movie and eat Ben and Jerrys .

I just watched the ending of the movie again....when Rachel runs off the plane, and runs into Franks arms and they kiss passionatly. Then you hear *sings* "ANNNDDD IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOUUU" - now I've seen this movie a million times, but I STILL get goosebumps during that scene. It's so epic.

I did also see one deleted scene on youtube, that I though they should of kept in the movie. Its a scene where Frank is undressing Rachel, then he puts her to bed....its a really sexy scene.
Yep that's the one deleted scene I was talking about that they should have kept in I loved that scene wonder why it was kept out because it definitely explained so much once I saw it. It's an amazing scene.

I can't wait until I can buy the movie to see the rest of them.

jojo -I'll definitely be making a request now for one since I know you'll be posting in it, thank you! I'll have to wait though until next month to do it because I've already made a request for this month and I believe you can only make one request per month, but definitely March 1st I'll be doing it.

Last edited by 80s90sIsTheBest; 04-25-2013 at 09:32 PM
Old 02-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaCallieShipper (View Post)
Yep that's the one deleted scene I was talking about that they shouldn't have kept in I loved that scene wonder why it was kept out because it definitely explained so much once I saw it. It's an amazing scene.

I can't wait until I can buy the movie to see the rest of them.

jojo -I'll definitely be making a request now for one since I know you'll be posting in it, thank you! I'll have to wait though until next month to do it because I've already made a request for this month and I believe you can only make one request per month, but definitely March 1st I'll be doing it.
Let me know and I'll be sure to participate!

That said... I loved Kevin Costner's words to Whitney during her funeral service. So personal, emotional, touching, poignant and a real tribute and insight into the woman we all love and will miss.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo (View Post)
Let me know and I'll be sure to participate!

That said... I loved Kevin Costner's words to Whitney during her funeral service. So personal, emotional, touching, poignant and a real tribute and insight into the woman we all love and will miss.
Oh I'll definitely let you know and yes I just loved what he said OMG I didn't realize how close they really were and how close they're bond was. He really loved her and I didn't even think about it until I saw it mentioned a few times, but I think he may have been in love with her too at a point, but that's just me. His eulogy really stood out for me it was just...great everything he said was prefect I wouldn't said it any other way. Btw, I was thinking about making a Rachel/Frank thread in the couples thread, what do you think? Just until we get a Whitney forum on here.

Last edited by 80s90sIsTheBest; 02-18-2012 at 07:41 PM
Old 02-19-2012, 02:31 AM
Elite Fan

Sounds good to me

Yeah, his love for her was obvious. I loved how protective he was of her during her speech. If only that would have reflected more in her life. Maybe we'd still have her with us... I have read several comments about him possibly having had stronger feelings for her during filming. Again... If only...
Old 02-19-2012, 07:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo (View Post)
Sounds good to me

Yeah, his love for her was obvious. I loved how protective he was of her during her speech. If only that would have reflected more in her life. Maybe we'd still have her with us... I have read several comments about him possibly having had stronger feelings for her during filming. Again... If only...
Yeah that's what I meant about the loving IN love part of my post, it's just so..obvious maybe it was during the movie maybe after but somewhere along the way I think he was in love with her, his speech was all from the heart there was nothing fake about it.

I read this article just before the funeral from The Mirror uk (I know tabloid crap, but I couldn't help it and I don't know if I really believe it, but I'd like to think there's at least some truth to it)

Anyway it said that Kevin felt guilty that he hadn't saved her a second time because he had saved her a first time.

And I'll definitely be making that thread for them, but I'm not sure of a title yet I'll have to think of one.

Oh I have to post up this pic that I've found:

I'd never seen it before aww Rachel & Frank ♥ ♥ They were so in love with each other!

Last edited by 80s90sIsTheBest; 02-19-2012 at 01:31 PM
Old 02-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

Love the picture, never seen that one either. I need to watch the deleted scene of them. Kevin's speech yesterday at the funeral had me crying. He really cared for Whitney.
Ships: Dylan/Kelly, Spike/Buffy, Angel/Buffy, Damon/Elena, Cullen/Lily, James Bond/Vesper Lynd, Captain Hook/Emma Swan, Tony Stark/Pepper Potts, Dante/Lulu, Danny/Michelle, Tony/Marah, Sonny/Claudia, Danny/Samantha, Tyler/Caroline, Tuck/Lauren, Rafe/Sami, Batman/Catwoman
Old 02-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLeppardFan (View Post)
Love the picture, never seen that one either. I need to watch the deleted scene of them. Kevin's speech yesterday at the funeral had me crying. He really cared for Whitney.
love that pic great icon material for me which is what I just did w/ it, I just had to!

I loved his speech to death his really stood out for me, he definitely cared about her you could just tell he wasn't faking with what he was saying it was all from his heart.

Yes I've seen only 2 of the deleted scenes via you-tube. I think there's a few more. I'm definitely going to be getting the special edition DVD I'd love to see the other deleted scenes on it. I actually saved the 2 deleted scenes I found on you-tube just so I'd have them to when I wanted to. I just hope people are right that the deleted scenes are actually on the DVD because I'd hate for it to be wrong info especially since the DVD (what I've checked) doesn't say anything about deleted scenes.

Okay finally made that Rachel/Frank thread I promised, it was hard for me to come up w/ a title so I hope you guys like it and post to post in it. I'll definitely be over there, so I hope to see you guys there.

link: http://www.fanforum.com/f88/rachel-%.../#post61470978

Last edited by 80s90sIsTheBest; 02-19-2012 at 06:51 PM
Old 02-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Elite Fan

Lifetime has been playing the movie all day. I didn't have a chance to catch it but the bits and pieces I managed brought back so many memories.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
Lifetime has been playing the movie all day. I didn't have a chance to catch it but the bits and pieces I managed brought back so many memories.
I downloaded the movie & I recorded it off of Lifetime yesterday. I'm so glad someone's playing it. I'm actually surprised about Lifetime playing it. I wish that WE had played it again because that version is the one w/ the deleted scenes in it. (I know this because I checked the bottom of the screen when I was watching those 2 deleted scenes and I saw the channel)
Old 02-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Elite Fan

I have it both on dvd and iTunes. Needless to say, it's pretty much been on repeat...
Old 02-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

It's definitely a movie you can watch over and over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaCallieShipper (View Post)
I downloaded the movie & I recorded it off of Lifetime yesterday. I'm so glad someone's playing it. I'm actually surprised about Lifetime playing it. I wish that WE had played it again because that version is the one w/ the deleted scenes in it. (I know this because I checked the bottom of the screen when I was watching those 2 deleted scenes and I saw the channel)
I didn't know about the deleted scenes version on TV, I'll keep an eye for it just in case.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
It's definitely a movie you can watch over and over.

I didn't know about the deleted scenes version on TV, I'll keep an eye for it just in case.
Yep I wasn't aware of it either until recently because I had seen 2 of the deleted scenes on you-tube and then people mentioned it. But the channel WE seems to have the rights to special edition version with the deleted scenes, Lifetime it seems doesn't (that I've seen)
Old 02-21-2012, 11:34 AM
Elite Fan

Once that Frank/Rachel thread is started I'll definitely be posting in it

I had no idea how close Whitney and Kevin Costner actually were. His eulogy was so incredibly touching. It's awesome that he was there and had the honor to speak.

Rest now, Bowie
Old 02-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyssaHP88 (View Post)
Once that Frank/Rachel thread is started I'll definitely be posting in it

I had no idea how close Whitney and Kevin Costner actually were. His eulogy was so incredibly touching. It's awesome that he was there and had the honor to speak.
AlyssaHP88 - the thread is here: http://www.fanforum.com/f88/rachel-%.../#post61470978

And I don't think anyone was aware of just how close Whitney & Kevin were until the funeral when he gave his speech. I loved his eulogy was just amazing & from the heart there was no faking about it, he was her true friend.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Elite Fan

Just ordered the soundtrack to the movie. I have it on a cassette, but that was in the early 90's. Way past the old cassette player now...