Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Elite Fan

Best Villains #1: Because good ones make movies even more enjoyable

Magneto (X-Men, X2) - Isn't he cool? Isn't he just the coolest? I love that his motivations aren't without merit and that his acts are basically rooted in fear and sadness. And of course his evil clan in both movies deserve their own space.

The Mummy (The Mummy ) - Aw, he did it all for love... lol Plus he pulled off some pretty neat tricks. Good villain.

Chad & Howard (In the Company of Men) - How can anyone be so cruel??? This movie is a slap in the face for a person like me who feels that women are strong enough to stop cold any man that doesn't feel right. But they were so cold, and so good at it that they made for great targets of fierce hatred

Joe Mantegna's character (House of Games) - Now, how good was he? I watched this movie some time ago and I recently caught a glimpse of the "tell" scene and I chuckled at how I played myself.

The angel Gabriel & Lucipher (The Prophecy) - Viggo Mortensen is a great villain, he's so cold and arrogant! With the limited screen time he had, he managed to be so effective. Christopher Walken as the rebel angel (that's Draco's son name Revel Angel, weird) who just wants God to love him, even it it means the end of all humanity.

Commodus (Gladiator) - I loved what Joaquin Phoenix did with his character here. Like other great villains his motivation comes from feeling unwanted and unloved.

Last edited by Mi||iê Måë; 03-11-2015 at 12:29 AM
ROCKSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Passionate Fan

Dr. Hannibal Lecter by Anthony Hopkins in The Silence of the Lambs...great movie and great performance by Anthony and Jodi Foster as well. I think 'till this day that he was good....in a very twisted way, but he was...

Aaron Stampler by Edward Norton in Primal Fear...OMG...I just love this film. He does such a great, incredible work on it!!!!...I really believed he wasn't guilty, I really did...

Commodus by Joaquin Phoenix in Gladiator. His best work 'till this day i think.

Darth Vader in Star Wars...He's a clasic....maybe the bigest Villain in the history of movie making...

Pennywise by Tim Curry in IT....OMG...i saw this movie for the first time when i was like 6 years old...couldn't sleep!!....couldn't eat!!!...I couldn't even take a shower cause i always though that he would come out from the drain!!!:...

Agent Smith by Hugo Weaving in The Matrix...how could i forget him!!!...no way!!!

Castor Troy by Nicolas Cage and John Travolta in Face/Off. Great, great performances by both of them...

Jack Torrance by Jack Nicholson in The Shining..."Honey...I'm homeeee"....a clasic!

Sheriff of Nothingham by Alan Rickman in Robbin Hood, Prince of Thieves...

Alonso Harris by Denzel Washington in Training Day. This is one of my fav films of all time...

Peyton Flanders by Rebecca de Mornay in The hand that rocks the cradle...I remember when i was little, my parents didn't let me see this movie...dont know why really...

John Doe by Kevin Spacey in Seven...how could i forget at the end...when Brad opened the box...god...

Annie Wilkes by Kathy Bates in Misery....when she broke his legs all over again with a hammer......god...

Uffff......this is a loooong list....

"I do feel that I play beautiful tennis" ...arrogant?...no, just the truth Lleyton Hewitt

"Ephram: You gotta stop doing that.
Amy: What?
Ephram: Saying things that make me wanna kiss you"

Last edited by *MaRiGoLd*; 01-11-2005 at 07:17 PM
*MaRiGoLd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 11:40 AM
Master Fan

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Yzma from Emperor's New Groove!

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Master Fan

CommodusGladiator):Joaquin totally rocked in that role,and I also love the whole movie.
Vivianaley23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrrshrr
The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Yzma from Emperor's New Groove!
Oh yeah! She was amazing! I died laughing watching the restaurant scene.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 02:27 PM
Addicted Fan

May Canady (May) - Angela Bettis did an amazing job playing this part and it was a performance that will I never forget. When I was done watching the movie I was just speechless.
AdriaMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Elite Fan

Definitely Darth Vader! He's the top one on my list.

Agent Smith...from the Matrix Series...b/c Hugo Weaving did a terrific job.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

I have to agree with a few who said Darth Vader is your favorite movie villian. He is definitely at top of my of list.

Heres a few other favorites:

Gollum: - (LOTR Trilogy) - Although he was completely computer generated he had to the most vicious sneaky character of them all. Gollum would do anything to get that ring even murder his friend.

The Joker: (Batman) - I said this another thread. Jack Nicholson's performance as The Joker stole the show in Batman, he even over shadowed Michael's Keaton performance as the title character.

Pinhead: (Hellraiser series) - He is the baddest of the bad IMO of Horror movie villians. He shows no emotion inflicting pain on anyone who opens the box to the gateway to Hell.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:06 PM
Master Fan

sorry double post.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterley
Oh yeah! She was amazing! I died laughing watching the restaurant scene.

Hee! I think it's time to bust out that film again... *calls friend to get DVD back*

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 12:12 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR
The Mummy (The Mummy ) - Aw, he did it all for love... lol Plus he pulled off some pretty neat tricks. Good villain.
AND He's HOT Im a sucker for a love story too...

Its GREAT to be politically correct!
roswellain_chick16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Darth Vader of course!
LittleMilkJug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 05:53 AM
Addicted Fan

Nothing beats the classic Darth Vader. He's the coolest and the best villain ever. What an intimidating figure. Arresting black helmet and mask, flowing black cape and James Earl Jones's deep voice. Incredible.

- Erin, from TWOP.
loquacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 03:58 PM
Jay
Master Fan

Dark Vader: Stars Wars: Episdoe I

the only one that comes to mind as cool looking and bad....
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 04:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrrshrr
I love when she turns into a kitty.

Scar from The Lion King is another cool villian. He also has the best song in the movie The hyenas rocked too.

I always liked Catwoman from Batman Returns.
spazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread